Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SouthStandUpperTier

Who do you want Summer 2021

Watched the PSV v Benfica game yesterday just to see Madueke play. Thought he was average and got subbed off. But I was so impressed with PSV's 23year old Defensive midfielder Ibrahim Sangare, thought he played excellent, tall, strong, athletic and just the type of physical player we need in our squad. The way he quickly realised the ball and played it along the ground aggressivelly creating opportunities for other players. This guy was also really press resistant and brushed the Benfica press aside, I think this guy will go to an elite club in a year or two for alot we should get him now, any thoughts?

DM is the least of our worries, and I doubt he come here to sit on our bench behind Wilf

With Mendy and Hamza in the squad and possibly only Hamza looking like he may leave (on loan) we don’t have the squad space either

Also doesn’t solve the AFCON issue as Sangare will be going as well with Ivory Coast

Edited by moore_94
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

DM is the least of our worries, and I doubt he come here to sit on our bench behind Wilf

With Mendy and Hamza in the squad and possibly only Hamza looking like he may leave (on loan) we don’t have the squad space either

Also doesn’t solve the AFCON issue as Sangare will be going as well with Ivory Coast

Just maybe after the shambles of the West Ham match we need a player like him, with our best  injured can't really really on Mendy Hamza etc, Benfica played a high press but Ibrahim Sangare just brushed them aside, we always seem to struggle against physical teams that counter us.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Just maybe after the shambles of the West Ham match we need a player like him, with our best  injured can't really really on Mendy Hamza etc, Benfica played a high press but Ibrahim Sangare just brushed them aside, we always seem to struggle against physical teams that counter us.

Isn't this what we got Soumare for?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

I think that is the kind of role Soumare was brought in for, be the big physical guy in the middle, should’ve played from the start on Monday

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

Isn't this what we got Soumare for?

Thanks, yes I forgot about him, haven't seen him in the matches I've streamed, PSV got a bargain for Ibrahim Sangare I think they only paid 10m euros last year for him. They really good at finding hidden talent, liked the way he quickly realised the ball yesterday and played it across the ground to build opportunities. Can see him go to a top EPL team in a year for 50m

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

Leon Bailey's replacement for a 3rd of the price. Shrewd. I miss us signing raw and unproven players for modest fees, I still think we can afford to take a gamble on 1 or 2 a season, it's what we built this fine team and club on but we're moving away from that model and it's not easy to get the players you need in and therefore no more of a guarantee you'll progress than if you take more risks with unpolished diamonds.

4 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Watched the PSV v Benfica game yesterday just to see Madueke play. Thought he was average and got subbed off. But I was so impressed with PSV's 23year old Defensive midfielder Ibrahim Sangare, thought he played excellent, tall, strong, athletic and just the type of physical player we need in our squad. The way he quickly realised the ball and played it along the ground aggressivelly creating opportunities for other players. This guy was also really press resistant and brushed the Benfica press aside, I think this guy will go to an elite club in a year or two for alot we should get him now, any thoughts?

....watched him on YouTube, very good player, looks awkward and ungainly but good on the ground and great passing skills!!!

Can pick a pass, strong, knows when to gamble and supports the attack very well. The more I watched the more I was impressed. I wasn't sure if he was a Central Midfielder or a DM, he looks to be on the front foot every chance he gets and has the ability to beat a man.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kingfox said:

It’s a shame Roland Sallai signed a new contract with Freiburg this summer, scored in a win against Dortmund at the weekend.

Would have been a perfect shrewd signing for RW.

Was thinking the same thing, class player.

• Like 1

Nikola Maksimovic (CB) has had an interesting summer as a free agent

- Turned down West Ham as he was convinced Napoli were going to retain him

- Linked to Marseille but hasn't materialised.

Big bastard too.... surely not a terrible shout as our extra CB

49 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Nikola Maksimovic (CB) has had an interesting summer as a free agent

- Turned down West Ham as he was convinced Napoli were going to retain him

- Linked to Marseille but hasn't materialised.

Big bastard too.... surely not a terrible shout as our extra CB

I very much doubt we'll be bringing anymore CBs in.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Rodrygo was meant to be the next big thing when they bought him, definitely worth a look

Done quite well for them in limited minutes the past 2 seasons

20/21 - 33 appearances and 13 starts (1,298 minutes - 14.4 games), 2 goals and 8 assists - goal contribution every 129.8 minutes

19/20 - 26 appearances and 16 starts (1,428 minutes - 15.9 games), 7 goals and 3 assists - goal contribution every 142.8 minutes

Edited by moore_94