Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

Lille finished 0-0, tight finish to the end of Ligue 1. 

The title will be decided in the last day of the season. Lille are now just 1 point ahead of PSG. 

I'd be very surprised if Choudhary or Mendy is let go. Our squad is paper thin. Sadly Tielemans is due an injury. This season's toll on players plus the Euros will mean just as many injuries next season. We'll be defending a cup, playing in a European competition and aiming for top 4 again next season. The wage bill isn't going to get any smaller next season for sure.

2 minutes ago, moseeds said:

I'd be very surprised if Choudhary or Mendy is let go. Our squad is paper thin. Sadly Tielemans is due an injury. This season's toll on players plus the Euros will mean just as many injuries next season. We'll be defending a cup, playing in a European competition and aiming for top 4 again next season. The wage bill isn't going to get any smaller next season for sure.

Choudhury and Praet will go imo. 

You want two players for every position, ultimately. 

Ndidi, Mendy

Tielemans, Soumaré

Madders, Perez*

* I'd sell Perez and keep Praet, personally, but Praet seems unhappy playing second fiddle and isn't as versatile. Neither are good enough to be regular starters but they're both OK cover. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Choudhury and Praet will go imo. 

You want two players for every position, ultimately. 

Ndidi, Mendy

Tielemans, Soumaré

Madders, Perez*

* I'd sell Perez and keep Praet, personally, but Praet seems unhappy playing second fiddle and isn't as versatile. Neither are good enough to be regular starters but they're both OK cover. 

But if Mendy is ndidis back up, don’t we lose both of them for afcon next season?

2 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

But if Mendy is ndidis back up, don’t we lose both of them for afcon next season?

Eh, that's just something we have to deal with really. Soumare is capable of doubling up there for a couple of weeks, KDH is likely going to be at the club next year, he's sort of the spare man around the squad, he could do a couple of weeks in a holding role. 

Or we play 5atb and don't really have an anchor sitting in front of the defence. 

Squad management and balance is half the complexity of football management, there's always going to be issues like this for Rodgers to deal with. Don't think it's worth keeping Hamza around for a few fixtures in the new year. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

It’s either Choudry or Mendy. I cannot see both going. mot sure on Pratt, if he wants to leave, then KDH is an possible replacement. 

whoever comes in or stays, will have to accept that Ndidi, Youri and Soumare are the starting midfield 3. 

I think Praet stays. I still think he has a role to play with us. I thought Choudhury was definitely going to be on the way out but after Brendan trusting him to do a job in the Man U and Chelsea games, I am not so sure he will be sold. Maybe a loan. Mendy could well depart. I like him but Soumare will jump straight ahead of him surely and maybe even KDH will offer more. Really curious what Brendan does this summer. He may want to keep everyone and only react in January if certain players are unhappy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I think Praet stays. I still think he has a role to play with us. I thought Choudhury was definitely going to be on the way out but after Brendan trusting him to do a job in the Man U and Chelsea games, I am not so sure he will be sold. Maybe a loan. Mendy could well depart. I like him but Soumare will jump straight ahead of him surely and maybe even KDH will offer more. Really curious what Brendan does this summer. He may want to keep everyone and only react in January if certain players are unhappy. 

I really think praet will be off. I’m sure Brendan would like to keep him but if he’s unhappy with playing time here then it seems unfair for us to hold him back so that we have a good back up. I think the fact the Hamza has been coming on and playing ahead of him would suggest that he’s already had the convo with Brendan. 

I think Choudhary will go. I think it just didn't work out in January for one reason or another. I hope Praet will stay and hopefully Mendy too. Both seemed elated at the weekend 😁 thoughts of maybe wanting to go can be swiftly softened when silverware is won! I hope another season for Praet then I think he will move on as he will be 28 then. I can understand him wanting more playing time though.

Brendan has said he wants to keep the squad together so I don't think there will be many departures. This transfer is a biggy and I think Top will really back Brendan especially after the weekend. It feels like this window could really push the club further and onto even greater things. 

Exciting times!

8 minutes ago, Dusty said:

I really think praet will be off. I’m sure Brendan would like to keep him but if he’s unhappy with playing time here then it seems unfair for us to hold him back so that we have a good back up. I think the fact the Hamza has been coming on and playing ahead of him would suggest that he’s already had the convo with Brendan. 

Most players are desperate to push for a move for playing time when they are at risk of not playing in a big competition for their country, i.e the Euros for Belgium. I think he is in that squad for the summer and obviously too late to move now and play, so I actually think for him personally, he will be off with Belgium in the Summer, can come back to Leicester for next season, stay injury free and give it another 6 months push to try make his mark. I still think we are only 1 injury away (Tielemans) from him starting every game for us, but whether he is/will be happy with that next season, who knows. Hope he stays 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Most players are desperate to push for a move for playing time when they are at risk of not playing in a big competition for their country, i.e the Euros for Belgium. I think he is in that squad for the summer and obviously too late to move now and play, so I actually think for him personally, he will be off with Belgium in the Summer, can come back to Leicester for next season, stay injury free and give it another 6 months push to try make his mark. I still think we are only 1 injury away (Tielemans) from him starting every game for us, but whether he is/will be happy with that next season, who knows. Hope he stays 

Tielemans is a cyborg. He doesn’t do injury. He just replaces broken components with new parts and carries on, relentlessly. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Tielemans is a cyborg. He doesn’t do injury. He just replaces broken components with new parts and carries on, relentlessly. 

Saw stat earlier that Tielemans has played 500 more minutes this season than any Chelsea midfielder

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Saw stat earlier that Tielemans has played 500 more minutes this season than any Chelsea midfielder

Given the amount of games they’ve played, that’s considerable. 

There’s obviously a number of reasons why we have been recently  ‘successfully’ in the transfer market.  

For me, a key reason is that our negotiations seem  take place over a significant period of time (Feb in this case). Consequently, It’s inevitable that relationships and trust between clubs are forged.  I imagine news gets around and other clubs become more willing to negotiate with us. Also, if a particular transfer doesn’t go through for a particular reason, it puts us in good position when that player becomes available.