Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Soumaré (signed)

24 minutes ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I am old and sceptical, I see £15m and think why is no one else trying to get him at that price? What's wrong with him? What do 'they' know that we don't? :(

How do you know others haven't/aren't trying to get him at that price?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I am old and sceptical, I see £15m and think why is no one else trying to get him at that price? What's wrong with him? What do 'they' know that we don't? :(

Bit of a simplistic way off looking at it. 

He has one year on his deal so will be available to sign for free in 8 months (Jan). 

We have been tracking him for years/months, agreed personal terms with him. We are are top destination for young players with the training ground, manager and proven track record of improving young players and getting them big moves. So there probably was lots of clubs in for him and he chose us. Once he's chosen us. The 15 million represents the fact that he has one year left and therefore we have to pay the player and his agent a bit more dough too as the power is in his hands not the clubm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

could be a release clause for all we know..

8 hours ago, CloudFox said:

Reporting via...? Nothing on Twitter from him. Has he said it on air?

Said it on air yesterday in the Hawksbee & Jacobs show. 

Edit... Really should read the whole thread before I reply 😂😜

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Merchant_Banker said:

We got Ngolo Kante for peanuts. He kept stalling the deal because he was hoping to go elsewhere. Other clubs either didn't think he was worth the £8m odd we paid or wasn't worth bidding on at all. 

Turns out he was the best defensive midfielder in the world. Not even after a lot of development here, straight away. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Bit of a simplistic way off looking at it. 

He has one year on his deal so will be available to sign for free in 8 months (Jan). 

We have been tracking him for years/months, agreed personal terms with him. We are are top destination for young players with the training ground, manager and proven track record of improving young players and getting them big moves. So there probably was lots of clubs in for him and he chose us. Once he's chosen us. The 15 million represents the fact that he has one year left and therefore we have to pay the player and his agent a bit more dough too as the power is in his hands not the clubm

You forget to mention that we are now also FA Cup holders as well :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

getting them big moves

What's a big move? We should not think of ourselves as a feeder club for anybody anymore and certainly not to any other premiership club.

This guy is another dollop of mustard. You’ll hear Neville next season wondering why Man Utd weren’t in for him - a little like pundits trying to sell Fofana to their preferred Big Sux club. 

Honestly, we would have a huge potential talent on our hands here. Would/will be an excellent signing. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

What's a big move? We should not think of ourselves as a feeder club for anybody anymore and certainly not to any other premiership club.

Chillwell to Chelsea for 190k a week Maguire to man United on 200k a week. 

It doesn't matter how we think of ourselves mate we operate on a much lower financial level to these boys and agents and players will see it that way and the end game will always be to get themselves a move like Chillwell and Maguire and it helps our offer to young players that we have proven success in that regard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Chillwell to Chelsea for 190k a week Maguire to man United on 200k a week. 

It doesn't matter how we think of ourselves mate we operate on a much lower financial level to these boys and agents and players will see it that way and the end game will always be to get themselves a move like Chillwell and Maguire and it helps our offer to young players that we have proven success in that regard. 

If we think that way then we will remain a second tier club. We have to be more ambitious . We buy players to help us long term . Tielemans , Ndidi , Soyuncu are core players for our future success and should be going nowhere. I have mentioned before, Kanté, McGuire, Mahrez and Chilwell all had other reasons for their moves above money and anyway that is in the past.