Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

12 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Every team needs squad players but no player wants to be one. Players like Praet who are good enough to play for their country but can't start for their team must go through hell.

That's international football , loads of bench players get picked for their countries. Praet made a big mistake coming to us , he was a starter in Italy. We must pay him more though so at least he is not out of pocket.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

That's international football , loads of bench players get picked for their countries. Praet made a big mistake coming to us , he was a starter in Italy. We must pay him more though so at least he is not out of pocket.

Good players have tons of faith in their own ability & I'm sure he thought he could be a starter here. 

6 minutes ago, John rayner said:

Imo I would keep praet and let Perez leave ,I'm not convinced he is good enough  for us 

There seems to be some interest in Praet but not so much for Perez.

• Like 1

I hope he stays. If we are indeed looking at playing a 3 in midfield next season (433 in all probability) it’d suit him down to the ground. Being able to pick three from him, Youri, Maddison, KDH, Wilf, Soumare & Mendy should make our manager very happy. 
Works for me. I’m sure he’d get plenty more starts too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely no offence Bert, or his source, but it seems likely that someone in the chain of information is talking bollocks,

Think it might come down to he does press abit and Rodgers spent £30m on him so there’s an obvious bias, still crap though 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

Guest StevieLynex
42 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

The problem that has Praet is that Perez has a clause that says that he has to play a certain amount of games

Surely Perez is in breach of his contract. He appears but he does not play

2 hours ago, gurru991 said:

True. Unfortunately you couldn't get rid of Perez in a two for one offer at Aldi. Can you even think of him scoring or assisting for any of the newly promoted sides for example if he can't even manage it for us? No place to hide there.

We'll be lumbered with him because of his wages until his contract ends unfortunately I think. 

1 hour ago, jruizc_ said:

Hope so, just telling what @Bertsaid a couple of weeks ago

Do not believe 90% of what you read on this site . It is grade "A" bollocks.

And truth be told the other 10% is horseshit. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Shocking too, utterly shocking...

Some LCFC fans and Rodgers may see Praet as squad depth, but he doesn't (and neither does most of the footballing world).  If we keep him around and bury him (which BR would) again, it's going to lead to a big distraction within the squad.  Selling him on to a team that knows how good he is would be the best thing for everybody.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Personally I think Praet is a very good footballer . But IMO  he either doesn’t suit how we want to play or he doesn’t suit Premiership football . I haven’t seen enough of him to decide which . If we have to move him on to get other targets in then so be it . In the grand scheme of things If he stays or goes I don’t think it will effect us massively. 

Edited by baldeagle
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Personally I think Praet is a very good footballer . But IMO  he either doesn’t suite how we want to play or he doesn’t suite Premiership football .

No wonder he's not become part of the furniture with us...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Assuming you still want Tielemans and Castagne as part of the squad, do you really want Praet as an unhappy player who wants out?  I'm sure those sorts of conversations happen.

If we look to be a regular top 4-6 team, I.e. with European involvement every season, then the corollary is that we must have a deep quality squad. The way to cope with this is to rotate more than we do at the moment, and use substitutes more shrewdly, so that the whole squad feel that if they train and perform well then they will get a reasonable amount of game time. The other big teams have been managing this problem for some years.

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Some people on here have masters degrees in utter bollocks. 

Please to confirm that all members of Foxestalk have received an A* - 100% - well done everyone. We are just ahead of the football pundits