Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Dennis Praet

4 hours ago, Gerard said:

I've never understood this line of thinking, if we don't sell them our players then they will buy others who might be even better value.

Praet isn't troubling our first XI so how is us selling him detrimental to us?

When we sold Drinkwater, Maguire and Chilwell who got the better end of the deal?

I don't understand this line of thinking either.

It isn't just the sale of ours to them. It's also the knowledge of our team/club that he'd be taking to them.

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

What do we reckon? Didn’t make the bench yesterday. KDH came on and played a few minutes at 10 then the rest of the game at RM, neither his natural role, both more suited to Praet you’d think.

Transfer out on the way?

I wouldn't read too much into that. It was a game we wanted to win, and KDH has shown he has plenty of quality and desire to prove himself in pre-season. Plenty of minutes in his legs to get up to speed.

Praet came back at the same time as Youri but is not a first choice like him, so has not really had the time to get match fit. I don't think it's any more than that at the moment. As the next couple of games progress, we'll have a better idea I think.

KDH will show that he’s got what Praet has in this locker, as well as being fitter and physically capable in the premier league. 

Brendan has spent the summer fixing the ‘seeing out games’ issue we had over the last two seasons. Bringing on KDH and Soumaré over Praet and Mendy will win us more points because of their power.

Praet isn’t a bad player at all. He’s just not the right player given the circumstances and it’s time to let him go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

He’s one we could probably sacrifice if we need to shift wages and get a decent fee to enable strengthening at CB. Would be a bigger fee than Hamza 

Think both Praet and Choudhury could be sold. It still leaves 6 central midfielders in Tielemans, Maddison, Soumare, Ndidi, KDH and Mendy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KFS said:

Brendan has spent the summer fixing the ‘seeing out games’ issue we had over the last two seasons. Bringing on KDH and Soumaré over Praet and Mendy will win us more points because of their power.

Do we have that issue? I think we're one of the best at getting the points if we take the lead. Every game we seem to have lost has been because we've conceded two or more goals first and haven't got enough to get back into the game.

1-2 vs. Fulham

0-3 vs. WHU

0-2 vs. Everton

1-1 vs. 10 men Southampton

2-3 vs. WHU

2-4 vs. Newcastle

I can't really think of a game were we've had the lead and gone on to draw or lose? Arsenal at home but we scored in the 6th minute. I think KDH and Soumare vastly improve our quality at keeping the ball, both with their passing and their movement, which will be the difference over using them rather than Mendy or Hamza, so I do agree with you, sort of :D

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Do we have that issue? I think we're one of the best at getting the points if we take the lead. Every game we seem to have lost has been because we've conceded two or more goals first and haven't got enough to get back into the game.

1-2 vs. Fulham

0-3 vs. WHU

0-2 vs. Everton

2-3 vs. WHU

2-4 vs. Newcastle

I can't really think of a game were we've had the lead and gone on to draw or lose? Arsenal at home but we scored in the 6th minute. I think KDH and Soumare vastly improve our quality at keeping the ball, both with their passing and their movement, which will be the difference over using them rather than Mendy or Hamza, so I do agree with you, sort of :D

Leeds ……Spurs…….

1-2 vs. Fulham

0-3 vs. WHU

0-2 vs. Everton

2-3 vs. WHU

2-4 vs. Newcastle

Should have said seeing out BIG games, sorry. Bournemouth and Spurs spring to mind…

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Leeds ……Spurs…….

1 minute ago, KFS said:

Should have said seeing out BIG games, sorry. Bournemouth and Spurs spring to mind…

Forgot about the Spurs one :frusty:

Fair point about Leeds, was only a single goal though and we conceded 2 mins later in the 15th minute.

Forgot about the Spurs one :frusty:

Fair point about Leeds, was only a single goal though and we conceded 2 mins later in the 15th minute.

Haha just forget about them all. I spent the summer trying to erase memory of everything other than Youri’s wonder strike from last season. The commentators were trying to drag all the memories back up but I didn’t let them ;) 

I do think we’ll see less of that this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If he isn’t carrying a knock then his absence from the bench yesterday speaks volumes re his future here 

Nothing we already didn't know though, it's apparent that our main four CM's will be Ndidi, Tielemans, Soumare and KDH. Between those four they'll take up the vast majority of CM minutes this season.

The club will want rid of any other CM who can command a decent fee. Praet and Choudhury look the obvious but Mendy could go as well if someone stumped up a few million. Maybe with no direct links we'll have to wait until the end of the transfer window when some teams may want them in because they're available after circumstances change if those clubs lose a player to transfer or injury.

2 hours ago, KFS said:

KDH will show that he’s got what Praet has in this locker, as well as being fitter and physically capable in the premier league. 

Praet isn’t a bad player at all. He’s just not the right player given the circumstances and it’s time to let him go.

Although Soumare and KDH do seem an upgrade, " seeing out matches " hasn't really been a problem under Rodgers, we do it very well. What they hopefully will be able to do if they are coming on in games is help us see out games AND still out play teams rather than shut up shop.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Although Soumare and KDH do seem an upgrade, " seeing out matches " hasn't really been a problem under Rodgers, we do it very well. What they hopefully will be able to do if they are coming on in games is help us see out games AND still out play teams rather than shut up shop.

I think they can do that, they are more ball playing players rather than the out and out destroyers, Soumare looks like a complete tank and KHD seem to have a fantastic engine.

Our bench is looking really strong when you consider we were missing Preat, Castange, Evans, Fofana and Justin.

If everyone was fit and we added a talented RM what a squad we have.

• Like 2

He was there yesterday though with Timmy, Mendy and JJ.  Yes he didn't make the bench but others didn't either. If he was off I doubt he would be there? I guess time will tell! 

Edited by Hales

3 hours ago, CloudFox said:

I wouldn't read too much into that. It was a game we wanted to win, and KDH has shown he has plenty of quality and desire to prove himself in pre-season. Plenty of minutes in his legs to get up to speed.

Praet came back at the same time as Youri but is not a first choice like him, so has not really had the time to get match fit. I don't think it's any more than that at the moment. As the next couple of games progress, we'll have a better idea I think.

Rodgers used that excuse at the end of last season, but Praet disagreed.  And funny, he was match fit enough to be on the Belgian squad in Euros and get game action there.

The writing is on the wall here - it's likely just a matter of the club playing hardball about the fee.  

Good enough for Belgium but not for us ?? ….  I’ve always thought he brought something to the team and is always keen to push forward and set up attacks.   For me the jury is still out on KDH ….  big potential,  just waiting to see it.

• Like 2