Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

Apparently he’s been really off this season. Let’s hope if we sign him he can get out of his slump. I’m sure BR and co will have a good idea about what’s going on with him and whether to pursue.

4 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

I’m hoping we don’t sign this lazy overrated idiot. But if we do I’ll back him as I do all our new players. There’s a lot better we can get out there!

How about Ronaldo, still got a few goals in him. Just 400,000 a week and a private jet. Édouard will cost less than a years wages for our Madeiran friend. Of course you can always get better but you have to pay for it. My feeling is this player has enough potential to make the step up and plenty of others do too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

How about Ronaldo, still got a few goals in him. Just 400,000 a week and a private jet. Édouard will cost less than a years wages for our Madeiran friend. Of course you can always get better but you have to pay for it. My feeling is this player has enough potential to make the step up and plenty of others do too.

Your just be silly now. I just think we can do better, everytime I have watched him he’s been awful and you can obviously tell he’s spat his dummy out.

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If this has been wrapped up for a while hopefully we'll got confirmation soon. Compressed pre season means we need to get our business done early, which is something it feels like we tend to struggle with. 

Do we have a pre season start date? Community shield is 7th august so guessing it will be 2nd Monday in July? 

I think  some of our fans need to understand that ‘ there are better players out there’ and ‘ we can do better’  are two complete different sentences.

yes, there are better players than Edouard in the world but that doesn’t mean they’ll join us.

People need to get out of the football manager mentality where we just see a guy with good skills and buy him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

I think  some of our fans need to understand that ‘ there are better players out there’ and ‘ we can do better’  are two complete different sentences.

yes, there are better players than Edouard in the world but that doesn’t mean they’ll join us.

People need to get out of the football manager mentality where we just see a guy with good skills and buy him.

Equally I'm fairly sure if people on here had their way, we'd still have a back 4 of Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs :D

It's like football doesn't exist outside of leicester and players that have been linked to Leicester

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

A week ago you were saying that signing him and Dembele would be nice and demanding to know why he hasn't signed yet.... Now he's a "Lazy, overrated idiot"?....

Ladies and gentlemen.... I give you your average FT user!

We’re a cert to sign him. He’s coming wether I like or not hense why haven’t we signed him yet comment. Edouard and Dembele would be nice don’t you think if he puts his dummy back in and starts playing. I watched him the other night and he just doesn’t seem up for it hense my lazy comment. But agree with you on the average FT user 😂😂😂 

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

We’re a cert to sign him. He’s coming wether I like or not hense why haven’t we signed him yet comment. Edouard and Dembele would be nice don’t you think if he puts his dummy back in and starts playing. I watched him the other night and he just doesn’t seem up for it hense my lazy comment. But agree with you on the average FT user 😂😂😂 

...very much back end of the season, a poor campaign by Celtic and nothing to play for!!!

The task of getting over long covid, and this year has not been great for him, on and off the pitch.

We can judge him when or if he turns up next season. 

30 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

he could also be not over doing it, knowing hes on the move in the summer,he gets injured etc during that game and the move would be off

more factors that we know are probably at play imo

• Like 1

I'm against it.

Then again what if he's bored of Scottish footy, playing every team 4 times a year, freezing his balls off. I like to think of it as if you had a job that's gone stagnant and before you know it you are slipping sideways and hence you become disinterested.

It's for that very reason though that I'm against it though.

1 hour ago, Sankey93 said:

He's definitely looked off this season in terms of attitude but he's still top scorer in the league and still became French u21 top all time scorer. He hasn't exactly downed tools. The dummy out isn't that uncommon in his situation. Evans done the exact same thing in his final season at WBA. 

As for laziness, no. I've saw him alot and he's certainly not lazy. He doesn't chase everything like Vardy, he finds pockets of space and runs smart but he's not lazy. 

I'm a big fan of his but like I've said before, I have serious doubts on wether he could play alongside Nacho. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

He's definitely looked off this season in terms of attitude but he's still top scorer in the league and still became French u21 top all time scorer. He hasn't exactly downed tools. The dummy out isn't that uncommon in his situation. Evans done the exact same thing in his final season at WBA. 

As for laziness, no. I've saw him alot and he's certainly not lazy. He doesn't chase everything like Vardy, he finds pockets of space and runs smart but he's not lazy. 

I'm a big fan of his but like I've said before, I have serious doubts on wether he could play alongside Nacho. 

...playing two upfront will not be a common occurrence next season!!!

Two upfront was a means to an end and helped to keep us in the top six. It will still be an option as we need flexibility in our play, I just do not see it as the norm.

Edited by sacreblueits442

28 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...playing two upfront will not be a common occurrence next season!!!

Two upfront was a means to an end and helped to keep us in the top six. It will still be an option as we need flexibility in our play, I just do not see it as the norm.

I think that will depend on who I available to sign. 

Rodgers has said that he's looking for a particular level of player, if that calibre of player isn't available in winger but are in the form of a couple of strikers..... It may well force his hand. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Rodgers has said that he's looking for a particular level of player, if that calibre of player isn't available in winger but are in the form of a couple of strikers..... It may well force his hand. 

You can certainly get that calibre of player. These players are of course in demand and not under the radar. The asking price will reflect that. Leicester City are a top club and will not be offered quality players on the cheap. Fofana cost £30 million maybe a world record for a 19 y. o. CB. If he has to spend his available funds thinly , then the quality is likely to be less. He obviously sees something in the relatively cheap Édouard and Soumaré  that others may have missed. They are a bit of a gamble but if they show the right attitude to self improvement that James Justin has , we could have made a very shrewd investment.

14 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

....without Barnes we lacked the ability to use any kind of pace against teams!!!

With Vardy not being at his fittest we have struggled to transfer the ball upfield without a long ball, someone needed to carry it. It is imperative we introduce a winger who could take us up the pitch, without having to go back to front.

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....without Barnes we lacked the ability to use any kind of pace against teams!!!

With Vardy not being at his fittest we have struggled to transfer the ball upfield without a long ball, someone needed to carry it. It is imperative we introduce a winger who could take us up the pitch, without having to go back to front.

Isn't that what Soumare is good at though? 

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

can people please think of puns on this guys name for my fantasy team please because i'm struggling thanks.

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

can people please think of puns on this guys name for my fantasy team please because i'm struggling thanks.

😂 He’s Odsonne to score 🤷🏻‍♂️