Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

1 minute ago, Woodsey1727 said:

That'll be a good deal for £15 million, have him as an impact sub in the Prem next season and start him in Cups and the Europa League ready for him to start more the season after 

I don’t think with Vardy reaching 34 he will be an impact sub..... he will come in and start, with Vardy and Kelch being the support. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Solid business, we should be more excited about this than we seem to be. I've a nagging doubt he might find it difficult in the PL but everything is pointing towards him being more than good enough so I hope to be wrong.

Even if he does end up flopping, I think we could still reasonably expect to get back the money we spend on him at least

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll announce a double deal next week with Soumare. Both then will be off on holiday for a few weeks. Seems the logical timeline.

3 players to be announced next week (Edouard, Soumare, Bertrand) then we wait all summer for 2 deadline day loans :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

3 players to be announced next week (Edouard, Soumare, Bertrand) then we wait all summer for 2 deadline day loans :thumbup:

I said something similar. We will sign Bertrand, Tarkowski, Soumare and Eduoard on the first day of the window and on the eve of deadline day, we will still be waiting for the right winger we've been missing. 

7 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I said something similar. We will sign Bertrand, Tarkowski, Soumare and Eduoard on the first day of the window and on the eve of deadline day, we will still be waiting for the right winger we've been missing. 

I will be a horribly obnoxious person on here this summer if we don't focus on getting the attacking players we badly need in first

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

In this day and age £15m isn’t much, happy to take that gamble.

Apparently there is a huge sell on clause for celtic included in the deal.

But usually when they say huge its around 50%. Hopefully we are not stupid enough to do that 

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

But usually when they say huge its around 50%. Hopefully we are not stupid enough to do that 

Where have you heard that? I wonder if that is someone just getting their wires crossed as that is the sell-on clause that PSG have with Celtic

If there is a sell on clause, I can't imagine it will be any higher than 20% of any profit we make as Celtic aren't in much of a position to push hard in negotiations

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I doubt it, with a year left on his contract Celtic aren't in the strongest negotiating position.

2 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently the deal will be sanctioned as soon as Celtic announce Ange Postecoglou as their new manager (not sure why we would have to wait for that to happen first)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/douard-ready-for-15m-rodgers-reunion-zb8ph563g

Leicester City have won the race to sign Odsonne Édouard from Celtic. The coveted 23-year-old is understood to prefer a reunion with Brendan Rodgers, who signed him for Celtic from Paris Saint-Germain for a club record £8million in 2018 after a successful loan spell in Scotland, over a move to either Arsenal or Inter Milan.

The deal is expected to be sanctioned as soon as Celtic confirm their new manager. They are waiting on approval from Uefa to appoint Ange Postecoglou, having agreed compensation with Yokohama F Marinos, his present club. The Australian does not possess European coaching qualifications, so must apply for an exemption based on his experience.

Édouard’s value perhaps peaked last summer when he had two years remaining on his contract, but his form suffered as Celtic’s bid for a tenth consecutive title faltered, and potential suitors know that he will not sign a new deal to remain in Glasgow. Celtic previously hoped to sell him for more than the £19.7m received from Lyon for Moussa Dembélé in 2018, but will have to settle for significantly less than that.

Any profit on the price they paid PSG will also be reduced by a 50 per cent sell-on clause inserted in that deal by the French club to reflect Édouard’s potential. That means that if he moves for around £15m, as expected, Celtic’s profit would be around £3.5m, rather than £7m, and leave them with less to reinvest in a planned squad rebuild. Rodgers sees Édouard as a potential successor to Jamie Vardy, who turns 35 next season, and capable of forming a potent partnership with Kelechi Iheanacho, the 24-year-old Nigerian.

Does that mean we’re going to have wait for him to fly to Scotland and quarantine for 2 weeks until we can announce Edouard?