Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

3 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

Many years ago when fantasy football first started I had seaman in goal and mark stein up front.

I called my team seaman steins, very nearly made it into the telegraph one week, but then my team went limp and collapsed down the table. lol 

about 25-26 years ago my dad and I entered a team in the Sun newspaper’s fantasy football league.  We were 7th after the first week. True story.

11 hours ago, KFS said:

Please stop because some nonce will call him one of these for the duration of the season and it’ll royally piss me off lol 

See ‘Up the titty’,‘Timmy Chesnuts’, ‘Brendaa’ etc etc

You are aware of the Castagne translation, right?

13 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

You are aware of the Castagne translation, right?

I'm with @KFS on this one.  Just because Castagne's name is an actual word that translates into English, it doesn't mean that we should call him that.  Timmy Chestnuts sounds like a Beatrix Potter character or something, it is painfully unfunny, but most of all it is highly irritating, just like the other pet names of 'Brendaa' or 'Brodgers' for our manager and should be punishable by having the offender's account torn up into tiny pieces and set on fire.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

I'm with @KFS on this one.  Just because Castagne's name is an actual word that translates into English, it doesn't mean that we should call him that.  Timmy Chestnuts sounds like a Beatrix Potter character or something, it is painfully unfunny, but most of all it is highly irritating, just like the other pet names of 'Brendaa' or 'Brodgers' for our manager and should be punishable by having the offender's account torn up into tiny pieces and set on fire.

...I  believe that is his actual name!!!

35 minutes ago, murphy said:

Fair enough, each to their own, we are all different when it comes to what irks us! Quite like the Beatrix Potter association you have implied though  lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, majaco said:

So, having read the last page and a half.... No mention of Édouard.

Did you expect differently in the Transfer section of Foxestalk....? 😆 Or just Foxestalk in general....

5 hours ago, murphy said:

What annoys me more is when people can't spell the names of our players/manager correctly. Rogers is one of my pet hates 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

What annoys me more is when people can't spell the names of our players/manager correctly. Rogers is one of my pet hates 

People pronouncing Castagne as “Castanyay” is also the worst thing ever. 

4 hours ago, majaco said:

Yep - Foxestalk at its supreme best.  I sometimes wonder what thread am I in?

21 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Is the deal done yet?

Note. Celtic busy trying to get their new coach accepted as he has no badges (apart from Blue Peter).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, majaco said:

Well no news means a blank page so we might as well discuss whether the mincing nickname 'Timmy Chestnuts' is an abomination, or not.

You do realise that your post only adds to the meandering psithurism of this thread?  You're post doesn't add any news either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Is Eduoard actually any good? I know nothing about him...

He is very promising but not the finished article. It will take time but he could form a potent strike force with Barnes and Iheanacho down the line.

• Like 1