Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

24 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

And when they look at what they could have had, I bet they regret it.

Neither have enhanced their careers by joining Brighton.

They probably would regret not choosing us I agree, but they both definitely enhanced their careers by joining Brighton 👍

Edouard seems to be touted to a lot of clubs, but Celtic are just trying to drive the price up! It has probably been pointed out on here before that it is rumoured 50% of any profit on the transfer will go to PSG.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

They probably would regret not choosing us I agree, but they both definitely enhanced their careers by joining Brighton 👍

So do you think CMS went on to better things or Jahanbakhsh will move to a better team after he leaves Brighton? Look at young players who have joined us and moved on to better contracts. Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Maguire and if you look at our current crop of youngsters, then Fofana, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu and I dare say Kelechi could all move on to potentially better things. 

I'm knocking Brighton, but there is far more incentive to play at our club so you enhance your reputation and develop your attributes.

Seems like he's interested in by every premier league side. Smells like Celtic or his agent trying to get more money to me. Probably indicates that there is only one club making solid offers. Hopefully us!

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

So do you think CMS went on to better things or Jahanbakhsh will move to a better team after he leaves Brighton? Look at young players who have joined us and moved on to better contracts. Mahrez, Kante, Drinkwater, Chilwell, Maguire and if you look at our current crop of youngsters, then Fofana, Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu and I dare say Kelechi could all move on to potentially better things. 

I'm knocking Brighton, but there is far more incentive to play at our club so you enhance your reputation and develop your attributes.

Don’t think you’ve read what I said but okay 

Just now, TJB-fox said:

Don’t think you’ve read what I said but okay 

I suppose I meant that whereas our signings tend to move onto better things, I didn't see CMS make the next step up. I agree he enhanced his career by joining BHA, but it seemed to go backwards from there. I feel the same could happen to Jahanbakhsh. Will his next move be an upgrade on Brighton or whether this is as good as it gets for him?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

I suppose I meant that whereas our signings tend to move onto better things, I didn't see CMS make the next step up. I agree he enhanced his career by joining BHA, but it seemed to go backwards from there. I feel the same could happen to Jahanbakhsh. Will his next move be an upgrade on Brighton or whether this is as good as it gets for him?

Nicky Maynard 

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not fussed to be honest. Rudders will sign us a better one if needs be. 

How times of changed with opinions about rudders over these recent years!. I think if someone quoted this a while back theyed of been cut up in little pieces and fed to the foxes by midnight. :P

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He'll be coming here, I'd be shocked if he doesn't. Celtic have the issue though that they owe PSG a % of anything above £9m so they'll be hoping to drive the price up. 

Less incentive to drive his price up when you only get half of the money above £9m.

5 minutes ago, Frank Large's Black Book said:

So, £9m it is...........and add a few million onto ajer's nominal price as a balance.

Everyone's a winner, except PSG.

Or, we pay them a £7m loan fee and agree to sign him after it ends for 0;)  cheeky

Edited by OhYesNdidi

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I wouldn't be so sure this is a done deal, linked with Southampton today.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/15071799/southampton-edouard-celtic-transfer-swap-elyounoussi/

Southampton's recruitment model seems to be entirely focussed on signing Celtic players lol

The player would obviously far prefer to go to Leicester but Southampton's interest may be appealing to Celtic if it means we could broker a swap deal for Forster. Not sure if such a deal would also get us out of having to pay PSG anything via a sell on.

Player holds all the power I guess in where he goes, particularly with only a year left on his contract, would be amazed if he wasn't a Leicester player next season.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

1 minute ago, dannythefox said:

Have to trust Rodgers with this one hopefully he’ll make the step up. Not really been impressed when I’ve watched him over the last couple of seasons.

This season I could see that but curiously what games did you see the season before and weren't impressed? He was on fire the previous season and possibly the best output I've seen from a striker in a Celtic shirt in a single season since Larsson.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Southampton's recruitment model seems to be entirely focussed on signing Celtic players lol

The player would obviously far prefer to go to Leicester but Southampton's interest may be appealing to Celtic if it means we could broker a swap deal for Forster. Not sure if such a deal would also get us out of having to pay PSG anything via a sell on.

Player holds all the power I guess in where he goes, particularly with only a year left on his contract, would be amazed if he wasn't a Leicester player next season.

Is there much in the link with Edouard to Arsenal?

26 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

This season I could see that but curiously what games did you see the season before and weren't impressed? He was on fire the previous season and possibly the best output I've seen from a striker in a Celtic shirt in a single season since Larsson.

Don’t get me wrong he scores some great goals it’s just difficult to judge when it’s not the same level he looks quick is he though? What’s your thoughts on him?