Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

9 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Don’t get me wrong he scores some great goals it’s just difficult to judge when it’s not the same level he looks quick is he though? What’s your thoughts on him? 

Yeah he's more than quick enough to get in behind defences, not raw searing pace like a peak Vard or anything like that but quick enough for sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tell me about it mate lol

You should just copy and paste the link to your post where you compared him to Thierry Henry.

Sure you mentioned that he sometimes gave the appearance of being lazy/languid, hope he doesn't do that in his first game. There's a few that would use that against him both at games and on match threads every ten minutes if we're not two up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Gerard said:

Less incentive to drive his price up when you only get half of the money above £9m.

...surely it is in their interest to drive the price up!!!

50% of something is better than a 100% of nothing. 

For a price of £21m they would have received £15m into their own coffers, with with £6m going to PSG.

44 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd have Benkovic back in a minute if we could get him fit.

...I am still not too sure it is a fitness issue with him!!!

He has gone from loan to  loan and has failed to start games. Why would a club take a player on loan if he was constantly injured, it just does not make sense. It would be like loaning Matty James to you, prior to his last loan period, I am sure you would not have had any confidence in him being able to complete many games.

The feedback if I recall was about attitude, which was coming from the Leuven manager and he just does not strike me as a player that is disruptive.

55 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I'd have Benkovic back in a minute if we could get him fit.

He has been fit for a while to my understanding, seems like his confidence is shot after a number of failed loans 

2 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

Are Celtic still interested in Benkovic? I feel like that could be a good move all round and could be used to help get Edouard over the line.

While on loan at Cardiff first half of the season and OH Leuven the second half, altogether Benkovic managed to play 70 minutes of competitive football, not one of them at OHL.

47 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Surely if this was the done deal many had claimed, it would have been announced already. 

our owners seem to have this thing for not announcing signings outside of Transfer windows...

On 26/05/2021 at 16:11, The_77 said:

If you had a pound for every time you were asked about Eduoard, our new home shirts would say Muzzy Larsson instead of FBS. 😂

Probably favourable to be asked about the circus that is Celtic currently lol 

On 27/05/2021 at 17:10, Lambert09 said:

Surely if this was the done deal many had claimed, it would have been announced already. 

Why? 

Transfer window ain't even open yet.

Soumare pretty much a done deal according to good sources but not announced yet. 

Just let the club do what they need to do. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Adster said:

Why? 

Soumare pretty much a done deal according to good sources but not announced yet. 

Plus most players will be on holidays and trying to take a break after a massively disrupted and draining last eighteen months. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Eddie Howe just pulled out of the Celtic job (due to backroom staff issues and their transfer list)

According to TalkSport, his backroom team did not fancy it.....

18 minutes ago, surrifox said:

They’ll all be hoping to be off to Palace . Dyche and Howe are the front runners to replace  the  wise old owl 

...yeah, but more importantly, spare a thought for @Muzzy_Larsson who must have his head in his hands, wondering if Pardew is going to be tossing his hat into the ring.

We just need to reassure him it will all work out in the end.

If big Nige has a moment in his schedule, he will pop up to sort it all out.

• Haha 2

On 28/05/2021 at 18:29, Adster said:

Why? 

Absolutely, some people seem to forget that these deals can be extremely complex and time consuming. Anyone would think the way some talk that you just walk into Celtic reception, slap 20m on the desk and say, 'Edouard, we'll take him please, tell him to pack his bags!'

• Haha 3