Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Odsonne Édouard

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely, some people seem to forget that these deals can be extremely complex and time consuming. Anyone would think the way some talk that you just walk into Celtic reception, slap 20m on the desk and say, 'Edouard, we'll take him please, tell him to pack his bags!'

..."thank you sir, he is waiting in aisle number 5, third shelf on the right. Have a safe journey, goodbye"....!!!

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Absolutely, some people seem to forget that these deals can be extremely complex and time consuming. Anyone would think the way some talk that you just walk into Celtic reception, slap 20m on the desk and say, 'Edouard, we'll take him please, tell him to pack his bags!'

I was alluding more to the fact that their were posts claiming it was all agreed in january... which doesn’t make any sense to me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Just watched him for then minutes and he could do with spending some time with vards ! 

Is he a target man? Looked completely uninterested in the press and kept getting pushed off the ball :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I have this nagging feeling that if he comes here he won't do well. I just don't think he's got the type of game that will endear him to the fans. Don't think he's quick enough nor presses aggressively enough.

That said I think he's nailed on coming here so very little point even talking about alternatives.

I actually like Eddy but I have the same suspicion. And as you say, if he doesn't hit the ground running, our fans will be on his back. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I have this nagging feeling that if he comes here he won't do well. I just don't think he's got the type of game that will endear him to the fans. Don't think he's quick enough nor presses aggressively enough.

That said I think he's nailed on coming here so very little point even talking about alternatives.

Watched him tonight and wasn’t impressed at all. Daka is going Liverpool apparently for 23 million pounds can you belive it 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Watched him tonight and wasn’t impressed at all. Daka is going Liverpool apparently for 23 million pounds can you belive it 🤦🏻‍♂️

No one else is probably interested in Daka because that’s been a done deal for months in the background.. that’s just how it is.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

the epl is a new ball game - some fly some some fall.  I think he would be a mistake

Edited by foxinsocks

Let’s remember that these are you lads about to sign the first massive contract in their careers, it’ll set them up for life. Cannot for one second blame them (rightly or wrongly) for holding back in an U21s tournament after an absolute slog of two seasons without a break. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Guest said:

It's going to be a grim decade or so as our fans are slowly forced to come to terms with the fact that not every striker we can bring in is going to be a lightning quick workaholic like peak Vardy was

Sad, but true.

13 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Brendan is known for improving players weak points, and if I  remember correctly Madderz said in an interview a few weeks ago "you don't play for a Brendan Rogers team if you don't do the dirty work", plus Rodgers knows him...

Let's just let Rodgers make the calls and not judge someone in 1 game, maybe the coach told him not to press,  maybe he has a medical  coming up..who knows

Edited by Gwyn
Spelling

14 hours ago, VictorFox said:

Looks like the french Perez 

Managerial move of the highest quality, share the hate-load around :appl:

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Guest said:

It's going to be a grim decade or so as our fans are slowly forced to come to terms with the fact that not every striker we can bring in is going to be a lightning quick workaholic like peak Vardy was

Now why did I just get a horrific flashback with Jermaine Beckford standing on the halfway line with his hands in the air and a pout on his face after the ball didn't arrive at his feet? :D

With how highly Brendan has talked about the lad I think I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt before lobbing him on the Junior Lewis pile like the majority seem to have done already :facepalm:

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 3

You don't get Mbappe for 17 million. There is plenty of evidence of his ability available. As I have said before he comes to give Rodgers options which attack wise we are short of. He is also very necessary to avoid overplaying Vardy. Our main goal threat still remains Vardy, Barnes, Iheanacho but if Edouard can get 10+ in his first season in the PL that may be vital for our top 6 chances.

• Like 2