Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
cruzFOX

England squad...

20 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I have never been as disinterested in a big tournament as I am now, and like others I'm not really sure why. Hopefully it will change later when we play, but unlike past years when I would have known all the groups and all the possible permutations of who and when we might play if we get out of the group, and I would have had time booked off work in anticipation, I struggled to remember who was actually in our group this morning lol

It’s because you’ve already gone native and become Spanish Deb :whistle:

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I have never been as disinterested in a big tournament as I am now, and like others I'm not really sure why. Hopefully it will change later when we play, but unlike past years when I would have known all the groups and all the possible permutations of who and when we might play if we get out of the group, and I would have had time booked off work in anticipation, I struggled to remember who was actually in our group this morning lol

I'm excited, have been for the past few days, but never liked Southgate and still don't. Would love to see Foden and Grealish in the same side but 100% know it'll be one of them and Sterling. This is the same manager that doesn't move away from two holding men, even when we're playing minnow sides at Wembley during qualification.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Oh, right on cue.  Absolute ****.

Get Southgate out the job ffs. How he got it anyway I'll never know. Relegated with Middlesbrough, couldn't get them back up and then somehow in the England setup.

Also, Luke Shaw should be left back if fit.

Edited by Fox92

Well the Italians showed how having a right footed left back and inside forward can work with Spinazzola and Insigne……I fear though that we are not tactically astute or flexible enough to make it work and you will find the right footer cutting in and playing sideways and backwards all the time

Having no left footed players on the left side of the team is going to be a big problem in trying to keep the pitch as big as possible to allow your creative players to get time on the ball.  

it’s imply a poor decision if it’s what he’s decided. He may get away with it but it doesn’t make it right and if I was the Croatian manager and got wind that this is what was going to happen I would makes plans to exploit the space on transition of possession 

22 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Chillwell and Shaw must be thinking what's the point! 

Honestly why play a right back at left back? 

Sterling over Grelish is frustrating to. 

Am I surprised nope? Happens all the time with England managers. 

I’m actually ok with Sterling in, without him, Rashford and Sancho we lack pace and it’s all gets a bit “samey”.

Right back and Phillips can get in the bin though. Two DM’s FFs.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Having no left footed players on the left side of the team is going to be a big problem in trying to keep the pitch as big as possible to allow your creative players to get time on the ball.  

it’s imply a poor decision if it’s what he’s decided. He may get away with it but it doesn’t make it right and if I was the Croatian manager and got wind that this is what was going to happen I would makes plans to exploit the space on transition of possession 

Of course he may choose to play foden left side up top and sterling on the right - but when was the last time sterling played on the right for anyone ?.

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m actually ok with Sterling in, without him, Rashford and Sancho we lack pace and it’s all gets a bit “samey”.

Put Rashford or Sancho in then. Have you seen Sterling play this season at all? 
He has no right to even be in the squad based on performances.

4 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Put Rashford or Sancho in then. Have you seen Sterling play this season at all? 
He has no right to even be in the squad based on performances.

I’m not really arsed which one he picks, the point was we need some pace in there. Rashford doesn’t exactly rip up trees either.

19 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Hmm Sterling does have pace but he was rubbish last season. Seemed to miss so so many sitters :( or at least it felt that way on the games I watched. 

On paper this is the toughest game of the group and if we go too gung ho it could not only cost us this game but a demoralising defeat could cost us the other games too. He's playing it safe and with Mings and Stones at CB we need to. If we keep it tight and win this then watch us open up against Scotland and particularly Czech Republic.

There's pace, creativity and real quality in the shape of Kane, Foden, Sterling and Mount too.

Trippier at LB is a bit odd but I can only presume that it's for his defensive solidity. I'm sure Croatia's wide men like to drift inside a fair bit so having a right-footer out there could be OK. It's a shame for Shaw and Chilwell though, but I'm certain we'll see them at some point in the tournament.

5 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Hmm Sterling does have pace but he was rubbish last season. Seemed to miss so so many sitters :( or at least it felt that way on the games I watched. 

I watched every Man City game. It wasn’t just a few games. It seemed like his head had gone and maybe he had been struggling with off the field issues - it was that bad. 

Oh well, prove me wrong Raheem 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

• Like 1

Surely that’s not correct - two left backs, one of which had just won the Champions League and you put a right back there?

Tyrone fecking Mings is a walking cock up, surely we’ve got better?

For a team who talks about possibly winning the tournament that back 4 is embarrassing!

Don’t get me started on Phillips and Sterling starting: 

I’m usually pretty upbeat about England, it’s nice being away from the Newspapers and the hype, but that team is a shocker! 
This tournament has all the feel of Euro 92 about it!