Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Caglar Soyuncu

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but if we could sell him for more than we could buy Tarkowski for then I'd be OK with it.

This is an insane opinion!

With his age and development and technical skill and pace then he's worth twice as much as Tarkowski. Have people forgot that he was in the PL team of the year last year.

BR wants to play a back 3 and that means if we got Tarkowski in then we only just have the numbers. If Cags went then we'd need 2 CB's.

Edited by UHDrive
Typo

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but if we could sell him for more than we could buy Tarkowski for then I'd be OK with it.

I’d want Trincao AND the cash for Tarks. No fuching about. You wanna play Barca!  OK, let’s play. 

Edited by ARM1968

I like Cags. Don't mind the odd error here and there, all players make them BUT £30/£40m and Trincao and I wouldn't mind seeing him go. Bring in another young CB alongside Tarkowski who would add that bit of experience we will need regardless of wether he stays or goes and it would be very good business on our part. 

Yes we would lose a talented young player but we would be stronger as squad without losing too much (if anything) of the starting 11 with a starting RWer and two options of replacing him at CB. 

Guest SO1

James Tarkowski for Soyuncu? No guarantees there. I know Cags had a little bit of a mare but who's going to provide me with those beautiful Cruyff Turns.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd sell if he isn't interested in a new deal and it's north of £60m. He's quality but he's not indispensable and I'm surprised he's not on a new deal yet which might explain a few things. For a player of his talents he must be on less than half what he'd get here on a new deal as he was very unproven when we signed him.

He wasn’t that unproven 

Team of the season 2017

at 20 years old 

image.png.85d0ac3743e3ea5d09f8cefeb2f81441.png

Edited by HankMarvin

15 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Wow. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but you are both simply incorrect. This is short termism in the extreme. Here's the thing with young players, they get better. Tark is in his prime not gonna improve and playing for a side based around being solid and low risk which makes him and their other meat heads look better than they actually are. Cags is on his way to becoming too class. His ceiling is so much higher. So, no, I'll keep the talented error prone young guy.

You can’t call someone’s opinion incorrect lol I like Soyuncu albeit I think he’s a bit over rated right now, no doubt he’s class and will get better but he’s certainly not irreplaceable. 

• Like 1

Just now, HankMarvin said:

He wasn’t that unproven 

Team of the season 2017/18

at 20 years old 

image.png.85d0ac3743e3ea5d09f8cefeb2f81441.png

I meant in the sense of his stature when we signed him. He was coming from Freiburg for less than £20m, he'll not be on more than 50k a week which will have been more than double what he was on at Freiburg if not more. So the wages he is on for the last 2 seasons don't reflect a player who is one of the most sought after young CB's in Europe. I'm surprised he hasn't had a new deal and maybe it's because he's looking to move on.

1 minute ago, TrentFox said:

Trincao and Tarks for the Cags money, anyone? 

I don't like replacing players approaching their prime aged 25 and below with players approaching their late 20's whom have never reached the same heights as the younger player they are replacing. That's what Southampton did and other teams that sell their best players do and then wonder what the problem is.

Tarkowski wouldn't be anywhere near the list of players we should target if we did sell Soyuncu.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

This is an insane opinion!

With his age and development and technical skill and pace then he's worth twice as much as Tarkowski. Have people forgot that he was in the PL team of the year last year.

BR wants to play a back 3 and that means if we got Tarkowski in then we only just have the numbers. If Cags went then we'd need 2 CB's.

Does he want to play 3 at the back? Or was it because of a depleted squad he felt he had to?

Who knows, but whatever the reason we were crap at it and if it continues with the players we have I doubt we'd make top 6 next season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't like replacing players approaching their prime aged 25 and below with players approaching their late 20's whom have never reached the same heights as the younger player they are replacing. That's what Southampton did and other teams that sell their best players do and then wonder what the problem is.

Tarkowski wouldn't be anywhere near the list of players we should target if we did sell Soyuncu.

We'd need 2 centre halves if we sell Cags. I think if we sell Cags we'll miss him - don't agree with the 'overrated' comments. He was absolutely massive in the cup final.

• Like 2

I think Tarkowski would be a poor replacement for Soy, he’s 3 years older, not much better if not around the same level, and would cost £30m. Buying someone from Europe would provide better value and we could get someone relatively experienced, maybe Zagadou or Tah? 

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We'd need 2 centre halves if we sell Cags. I think if we sell Cags we'll miss him - don't agree with the 'overrated' comments. He was absolutely massive in the cup final.

Agreed. Soyuncu is a sensational modern day defender, Man Utd in the QF and vs Chelsea in the final he was colossal.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Bert said:

You can’t call someone’s opinion incorrect lol I like Soyuncu albeit I think he’s a bit over rated right now, no doubt he’s class and will get better but he’s certainly not irreplaceable. 

You're right and I shouldn't, apologies, that said I just can't get on board with exchanging him for somebody like Tarkowski unless we make a huge, huge profit from doing so and it gets invested in the team.

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

You're right and I shouldn't, apologies, that said I just can't get on board with exchanging him for somebody like Tarkowski unless we make a huge, huge profit from doing so and it gets invested in the team.

Hahaha, no need for apologies! If we sold Cags and brought Tarkowksi, we’d still have £30m change minimum. 

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Think he's better in 4 at the back. Thats one of the reasons Barca want him. Besides the fact that he's one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the world. So sad that he plays with Fofana who is probably another in that elite group. :)

I agree, but maybe having Fofana and Soyuncu is a bit of a luxury. 

I' don't want him to go, but I'd rather sell a Soyuncu than a Youri.

12 minutes ago, Reginaldo said:

We now have two Soyuncu and two Tielemans threads - are the mods on hols in Dubai? :dunno:

Do you mean the ones in the main forum?

They are for discussing the players in general, these threads in the Transfer section are for discussing the players specifically regarding transfer news

Just easier for separate discussions rather than clogging up one thread

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfox said:

Couldn’t disagree more

Cags is younger…. Is improving and already a standout centre half in the league…. His development ceiling is potentially very high

Agreed. Some absolutely bonkers comments in here. Soyuncu is absolutely quality and is improving at a rapid rate. How much would I be happy to sell for? Probably 75mil plus.

• Like 1