Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kuredufox

Caglar Soyuncu

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

2 years left on his deal so really we need to decide now as to whether we cash in or give him a new deal

Barcelona don’t have any money so any deal will probably include a player as well (Trincao) - even the rumours around Laporte from Man City going to Barcelona included Sergi Roberto going the other way

If he goes now then we would need to sign 2 centre backs this summer - ideally one would be Tarkowski and then another youngster (Collins?)

Swap deals are rare but we could well have a player each other wants and as Barca are reportedly cost cutting it would make perfect sense. If this is what it takes to get Trinicao here then so be it. 

1 minute ago, Wolfox said:

Everything is negotiable…. The  post I quoted stated “if it’s above what it’d cost for Tarkowski”

Oh I agree, that deal was a non starter for me, unless there is of course some unknowns involved (He puts in a transfer request, etc)

Guest SO1
10 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think he's replaceable, especially if we go back to 4 at the back.

If we could get 50m-60m, bring in a CB and RW it would be good business.  

Think he's better in 4 at the back. Thats one of the reasons Barca want him. Besides the fact that he's one of the best 1 on 1 defenders in the world. So sad that he plays with Fofana who is probably another in that elite group. :)

I wouldn’t begrudge any of our players signing for Barcelona. Arsenal- Tottenham I’d have a serious problem.. man United and Liverpool would sting.. but Barcelona? I’d feel proud we impacted someone’s career enough for them to play for one of the greatest teams in the world.

I'd sell if he isn't interested in a new deal and it's north of £60m. He's quality but he's not indispensable and I'm surprised he's not on a new deal yet which might explain a few things. For a player of his talents he must be on less than half what he'd get here on a new deal as he was very unproven when we signed him.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd sell if he isn't interested in a new deal and it's north of £60m. He's quality but he's not indispensable and I'm surprised he's not on a new deal yet which might explain a few things. For a player of his talents he must be on less than half what he'd get here on a new deal as he was very unproven when we signed him.

I think he is on around £50k a week, any new deal you would imagine he is after £100k a week - might be even more if he has his agent/Barcelona whispering in his ear

Think a lot of it depends on our preferred formation next season. Always felt like we opted for 3 atb as we lost Barnes so lacked any real threat on the wings but going forward it’ll revert to a 4. In which case it’s one of Evans/new experienced head + Soyuncu/Fofana. And in that battle I’m not sure he’s first choice. So if he left and we got Trincao, the experienced starter (Tarkowski?) and the Fofana understudy (Collins?) I don’t feel we’d be worse off despite losing a great player.

I think people have got a pretty twisted view of this one. IF Barcelona wanted cags they wouldn't pay anywhere near as much as a Premier league team. They are Barcelona, cags is aware they are Barcelona and would for absolutely certain want to push a move through. Which lowers the price considerably. Reckon we'd be lucky to get 60m for him from Barca, but it's a big if that he's even on their radar. 

Think Cags has had too many average performances this season. His concentration levels have dropped and he has made quite a few mistakes at important times.

I'm not saying he isn't decent, but if we had to cash in one of our assets, I wouldn't be too bothered if it were Cags, particularly if we could entice Trincao to come the other way.

We could probably get Tarkowski for £15m as a replacement. Playing a back 4, then that may be enough, but there is also the lad from Stoke who may cost another £10m (I know they value him at £15m, but they will need to be realistic) should we require additional back up. Bin Amartey as well, like others have said, at a real push there is JJ, when fit, and Wilf who can fill in in an emergency. 

Guest SO1

The only time I've seen swap deals or trading players is American Sports. Don't know why supporters here think it's an option.

I really don't want to lose Cags, but we might be able to do a good deal with Barca if they throw Trincao into it.

If we can't get him to sign a new contract this summer, then we're better off selling him in this window than risking him going on the cheap next season.

As much as I like him, I would be pretty confident that we could replace him well without spending too much. Especially in today's market.

8 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I think people have got a pretty twisted view of this one. IF Barcelona wanted cags they wouldn't pay anywhere near as much as a Premier league team. They are Barcelona, cags is aware they are Barcelona and would for absolutely certain want to push a move through. Which lowers the price considerably. Reckon we'd be lucky to get 60m for him from Barca, but it's a big if that he's even on their radar. 

Mergh, Liverpool fleeced them for Coutinho - their interest (if there is any) doesn't weaken our hand as considerably as made out in my opinion.

Just now, SO1 said:

The only time I've seen swap deals or trading players is American Sports. Don't know why supporters here think it's an option.

Wasn't suggesting a swap deal for Trincao, more the fact if we can do business with Barcelona over Cags, it might help a separate deal for Trincao. They have to offload to spend, apparently.

7 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think he is on around £50k a week, any new deal you would imagine he is after £100k a week - might be even more if he has his agent/Barcelona whispering in his ear

We've also got to consider do we want to stretch our wages further or cash in if a club is willing to pay a huge fee for a player we think we can replace and improve the squad elsewhere.

Our wage bill has been creaking for some time, we push it to its maximum in order for us to be the best of the rest and make a mockery of some of the best as well but unless we keep bringing in significantly more commercial revenue then we have to also sell to reduce the wages to pay for others or contract renewals. 

I love Soyuncu but I'm trying to do the maths in my head and bringing in 5 new players and potentially doubling Tielemans and Soyuncu's wages + Barnes is in line for a new deal and Ricardo only has 2 years left as well. I don't know how we account for all this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SO1 said:

You are right - they are as rare as hen's teeth in football. However, this is a bit different if each side has a player the other is interested in and would be willing to sell. It's rare that that happens, but this could be such a case.

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

We did it years ago with Derby.  They paid I think £800k and also Phil Gee and Ian Ormandroid came in exchange for Paul Kitson.

I am sure we swapped Wayne Clark for someone too.

Guest SO1
1 minute ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

We did it years ago with Derby.  They paid I think £800k and also Phil Gee and Ian Ormandroid came in exchange for Paul Kitson.

I am sure we swapped Wayne Clark for someone too.

Not saying it never happened just seems very very rare given the complexity of contract law.

1 hour ago, Walshy5 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but if we could sell him for more than we could buy Tarkowski for then I'd be OK with it.

52 minutes ago, Bert said:

Agree. 

Wow. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but you are both simply incorrect. This is short termism in the extreme. Here's the thing with young players, they get better. Tark is in his prime not gonna improve and playing for a side based around being solid and low risk which makes him and their other meat heads look better than they actually are. Cags is on his way to becoming too class. His ceiling is so much higher. So, no, I'll keep the talented error prone young guy.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not saying it never happened just seems very very rare given the complexity of contract law.

I think most clubs tend to do them as separate deals (looks better for the finances) but they are still in effect a swap

Barcelona did it with Pjanic and Arthur with Juve and have just done it with Emerson and Miranda with Real Betis

2 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Wow. Everyone's entitled to an opinion but you are both simply incorrect. This is short termism in the extreme. Here's the thing with young players, they get better. Tark is in his prime not gonna improve and playing for a side based around being solid and low risk which makes him and their other meat heads look better than they actually are. Cags is on his way to becoming too class. His ceiling is so much higher. So, no, I'll keep the talented error prone young guy.

Obviously if we could get Tarkowski for 15m that doesn't mean I'd be ok selling Cags for 16m, but I see what they're saying, especially if he's not going to sign a new deal here, then it's time to sell.

Again though, I think a new contract will be signed soon.

Guest SO1
7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've also got to consider do we want to stretch our wages further or cash in if a club is willing to pay a huge fee for a player we think we can replace and improve the squad elsewhere.

Our wage bill has been creaking for some time, we push it to its maximum in order for us to be the best of the rest and make a mockery of some of the best as well but unless we keep bringing in significantly more commercial revenue then we have to also sell to reduce the wages to pay for others or contract renewals. 

I love Soyuncu but I'm trying to do the maths in my head and bringing in 5 new players and potentially doubling Tielemans and Soyuncu's wages + Barnes is in line for a new deal and Ricardo only has 2 years left as well. I don't know how we account for all this.

This is the dilemma this club faces. As much as I love Cags it has to be money for goals and attacking players. Seems those players are harder to find than the embarrassment of riches we have at the back. Wish it could be different but there's no easy road to the top because of our limited means. Patience, building, selling and developing are the only way. At least the challenge is interesting compared to following Barcelona.