Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

Guest bennytwohats
1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

100% anyone saying otherwise is wrong 

I think you've just got to cut people a little bit of slack going through what was a horrific situation. They probably won't have been prepared for it and possibly some bad calls might have happened. Tbh I think the outrage at the BBC is kind of missing the point a little bit.It's a shit situation for everyone and I find the clamouring to make someone the villain in this a little distasteful personally. You could see/hear that everyone involved was distraught but just trying to do their job in extremely challenging circumstances.

Just now, bennytwohats said:

I think you've just got to cut people a little bit of slack going through what was a horrific situation. They probably won't have been prepared for it and possibly some bad calls might have happened. Tbh I think the outrage at the BBC is kind of missing the point a little bit.It's a shit situation for everyone and I find the clamouring to make someone the villain in this a little distasteful personally. You could see/hear that everyone involved was distraught but just trying to do their job in extremely challenging circumstances.

Can we create a double like for posts please?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

In fairness, no football pundit is a trained for moments like this. Lineker did his best, as he did presenting MOTD after the helicopter crash, but most of us would probably end up blathering nonsense as well. They were in shock too.

🙌🙌🙌

Today's society needs a victim or someone to blame in any scenario.

That he's alive and stable is all that needs discussing.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

What does that even mean. She was upset and saying it puts it all into perspective. Don't really see the issue? 

I thought it was a crass piece of virtue signaling and the grinning, whilst a man was receiving CPR, was incredibly ill judged. 

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I think Alex has a nervous smile when on TV. I don't think she was genuinely happy about it all, she was almost crying.

Perhaps you're right. 

Either way, the pundits shouldn't have been in that position at all. Quite why the beeb didn't pull that sooner is beyond me. 

• Like 3

Guest Bert Fill
Just now, foxile5 said:

I thought it was a crass piece of virtue signaling and the grinning, whilst a man was receiving CPR, was incredibly ill judged. 

Well I thought it was human and natural and that the ‘grinning’ was probably nerves and worry at a) Eriksen’s situation and b) suddenly having to react to it on live tv when you’d expected to be talking about football.

Just now, foxile5 said:

Perhaps you're right. 

Either way, the pundits shouldn't have been in that position at all. Quite why the beeb didn't pull that sooner is beyond me. 

Correct. The coverage should of been pulled altogether, far earlier than it was. What are Lineker and co expected to say in a situation like that.

• Like 1