Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

3 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Can't believe it's going ahead. That's actually madness. So insensitive.

they're being professional and doing their job. No one is making them play. They are choosing to do so. And it is with the blessing of both teams

Sometimes you hear that this type of thing drives players on. I’m sure both will be fired up and it’ll be played out with utmost respect. As long as it’s not being driven by Uefa I’m fine

• Like 3

Just now, shen said:

I cannot believe they're playing the rest of the game tonight. How on Earth is this a sensible decision? I'm speechless.

I'm sure the players were consulted and that Eriksen is in a stable condition. If the players weren't in a state to play the game wouldn't hsvd gone ahead. 

• Like 1

Just now, stripeyfox said:

they're being professional and doing their job. No one is making them play. They are choosing to do so. And it is with the blessing of both teams

I don't care if they're being professional. People receive psychological treatment after witnessing such a shocking thing. I'm really not sure they are in a right state to make such a decision. The respective FA leaders should have made the decision to postpone the match.

• Like 2

Guest Bert Fill
Just now, Koke said:

I'm sure the players were consulted and that Eriksen is in a stable condition. If the players weren't in a state to play the game wouldn't hsvd gone ahead. 

Exactly.

For all we know he’s sitting up in hospital saying ‘for god’s sake, I’m not dead, play the effing game.’

1 minute ago, shen said:

I cannot believe they're playing the rest of the game tonight. How on Earth is this a sensible decision? I'm speechless.

I can only imagine that Eriksen himself has given his blessing or asked/requested the game continue.

52 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Anthony Taylor needs to take a tremendous amount of credit for the speed at which he got the medics on. 

Agreed. His reaction to the situation was exemplary. When a person goes into witnessed cardiac arrest (assuming that's the case as he reportedly received very prompt CPR + 1 shock from the defib) it is almost impossible to not recognise the situation. That said, it's how you react to it that counts. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I can only imagine that Eriksen himself has given his blessing or asked/requested the game continue.

A man who's suffered a cardiac arrest (most likely) making a decision like that? Yeah, he will totally have been in the right state of mind to say something like this. I would be staggered if he was put in a position to be posed a question like that.

I broke watching the Finnish team applaud the Danish team onto the pitch... :cry: