Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

If the players want to play, let them. It's their choice. Their feelings and they're in the moment. 

It's not for us to decide so can't really show any outrage or anything at the decision. 

Absolutely this.

Its easy for us to comment in various ways but the players who know him and train with him are best placed to decide.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, shen said:

I cannot believe they're playing the rest of the game tonight. How on Earth is this a sensible decision? I'm speechless.

Apparently requested by both sides.

They wouldn't have to play tonight if they didn't want to.

I seem to remember a game in the last Euro's delayed 24 hours because of thunder?

Call UEFA whatever you want, but they wouldn't have done this without all parties agreeing. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, shen said:

A man who's suffered a cardiac arrest (most likely) making a decision like that? Yeah, he will totally have been in the right state of mind to say something like this. I would be staggered if he was put in a position to be posed a question like that.

I broke watching the Finnish team applaud the Danish team onto the pitch... :cry:

the players want to play the game - no one is forcing them to. They are grown men for goodness sake, they’re capable of making a decision.

• Like 1

Just now, Super_horns said:

Hopefully it is their decision alone and they haven't been put under pressure. 

I think there'd be huge uproar if that were the case and we'd have heard about it by now. Players have a lot of power and there wouldn't even be a resumption time if they had refused to. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

the players want to play the game - no one is forcing them to. They are grown men for goodness sake, they’re capable of making a decision.

'Grown men', what kind of macho bull is that? These are human beings who have witnessed an extremely distressing thing happen to their friend and teammate. Players are visibly in shock out there. I would argue they're in no fit state of mind to make a decision like that. Not all will be as strong as Kasper and Simon Kjær in a situation like this.
But I will stand by them either way - just disappointed it was put to the players. This should automatically have been postponed. I couldn't give a sh*t about football right now.

• Thanks 1

I think more consideration should be given to player welfare here. It may be their decision but how can you think properly after experiencing that. If that happened to a colleague in my office, I wouldn't expect to have to crack on with the rest of my day.

I think this is a poor decision. Just my opinion.

• Like 4