Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

Just now, Paddy. said:

Absolutely this. I'm nearly 40 and I'm ashamed to say I wouldn't know what to do. I'm an assistant head in a secondary school and I'm going to make sure that our kids get taught what to do this week. Everyone needs to know what Simon Kjaer knew, everyone needs to react like he did in a similar situation.

Good on ya mate.

@Parafox - teach our kids this stuff please buddy :thumbup:

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

With respect, your take away from her reaction is profoundly ill judged. She was witnessing something horrific happening live and was put on the spot to appear on national television to talk about it. At least give her the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah perhaps you're right. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, pSinatra said:

I'm not sure how Alex Scott is receiving any criticism. It was clear she was holding back the tears.  All the pundits were.

They held it together better than I did

Me neither. Of all the pundits, she seemed to be the one who was struggling with her emotions the most. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Watching with my 11 year old boy and he's just spent the last 10 minutes asking me all about CPR and defibs. I did a short course on it when I did my FA Level 1 which was invaluable.

Makes me think we should teach this stuff compulsory at schools.

I did it with my level 1 too, scares the shit out of me to think of ever being in this situation.

Also I’d recommend for everyone to do defibrillator training, find your nearest defibrillator and know what you need to do in case of ever needing it. In my first attempt it took me 1 minute 20 which is very long when your trying to save someone’s life. The second attempt when I knew what I was doing took me 19 seconds. 

7 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I thought it was a crass piece of virtue signaling and the grinning, whilst a man was receiving CPR, was incredibly ill judged. 

People react very differently to certain situations, I saw nothing other then a seriously upset women. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Perhaps you're right. 

Either way, the pundits shouldn't have been in that position at all. Quite why the beeb didn't pull that sooner is beyond me. 

No, I am right.

19 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Watching with my 11 year old boy and he's just spent the last 10 minutes asking me all about CPR and defibs. I did a short course on it when I did my FA Level 1 which was invaluable.

Makes me think we should teach this stuff compulsory at schools.

Don't think they should stop at schools. University/Work places should have classes regularly to teach people what to do in these situations.

I worked with students in a university for a year and any issue was simply "wait for a first aider". 

• Like 3

Denmark vs Finland will resume at 7:30 our time

Danish Federation: Christian Eriksen is awake and his condition remains stable. He remains hospitalized at Rigshospitalet for further examinations. The match against Finland will be played tonight. This happens after the players have been confirmed that Christian is okay. The match resumes at 20.30.

Edited by moore_94