Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia

Poured my beer down the sink. I feel sick… that was awful to see….. BBC are a ****ing disgrace, absolutely shocking from them, zooming in on his distraught partner……

I’m no paramedic, but I’d suggest there’s reason for hope given he was rushed off the pitch quickly after a while? Potentially may have got a pulse going again? 

Sat watching that with my 11 year old son. He dealt with it far better than I did tbh.

Can't believe that coverage. We shouldn't have seen any of that.

Hope he pulls through and God knows how the players and his wife are coping.

Truly awful.

• Like 3

Just now, Facecloth said:

I'm not sure how much control the BBC have over the camera work on the pitch. They could have gone back to the studio earlier, but as for the zooming in etc I don't think that them, it's an international broadcast they basically use the filming from.

Yeah. UEFA will control the feed I'd have thought.

Like you say, nothing to stop them cutting back to the studio though.

Just now, Pliskin said:

Poured my beer down the sink. I feel sick… that was awful to see….. BBC are a ****ing disgrace, absolutely shocking from them, zooming in on his distraught partner……

I’m no paramedic, but I’d suggest there’s reason for hope given he was rushed off the pitch quickly after a while? Potentially may have got a pulse going again? 

Let’s hope so mate. Horrible scenes. 

I don’t think it was bad showing the wide shot. It was when they zoomed in on them pumping his chest not once but twice that was shockingly bad. Also all the close ups of his wife. It was unnecessary. Won’t of been the bbc doing that as all the broadcasters share the footage. It was the BBC’s choice to continue with the footage though once it was clear what they were showing.

• Like 1

Echo the thoughts shared here and the past experiences others have had. I lost my mum very young to a heart attack (assuming that's what it is) and it brought it all back. Pray he's OK as must be horrific for the family being there and being so helpless to the situation. 

Shocking for the TV coverage to show so many close ups of the resuscitation being undertaken on him. 

As I said earlier  Irish Tv stayed even longer than BBC showing the scene before going to pundits in studio....Liam Brady and Damian Duff and female presenter all struggling to hold back tears ..Hope he pulls thru...As they keep saying it’s unchartered territory for everyone from Uefa to fans pundits commentators players....

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Obviously not their feed but  they could have turned to the studio quicker ?

Was very graphic and intrusive.

2 minutes ago, Nuneatonfox in Manchester said:

Don’t want to speculate but the short but loud cheer from the fans could be a good sign.

I heard that, but obviously couldn't see Eriksen at that point so no idea if it was good news. Can only hope.

Just now, Super_horns said:

Obviously not their feed but  they could have turned to the studio quicker ?

Was very graphic and intrusive.

It’s the broadcasting equivalent of standing near a car accident with your phone out filming

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I doubt it was the BBC cameras or producers zooming in - would have been Danish broadcasters I'd imagine.

Even so, and regardless, the BBC should have cut to the studio much sooner IMO

No pictures were shown on Danish TV after the players started forming a ring around him.

My guess is that it's UEFA's folk who are in control?