Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Maddison

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

I can’t work out if people have really short memories with regards to Maddison.

Also, people do know he was struggling to get match fit don’t they? It’s not like he was fully for the  last 10 games he played.

and with regards to him being a bit of a melt… he’s a young man with more cash than he knows what to do with… you don’t honestly expect him to join the local scrabble club do you?

Wouldn't surprise me!..he likes a night out on the tiles.

I'd also worry about his persistent hip injury and how off-form and unfit he looked after returning. He came back against Man City in early April but still look unfit and rusty by the end of the season.

Rodgers often talks about there being two types of players. Players that enjoy the benefits of being a footballer and players that dedicate everything. I get the impression he's referring to the likes of Chilwell and Maddison for the former.

Can we fully rely on Maddison to be a fit, sharp, focussed and effective number 10 consistently next season? I have my doubts.

Edited by Ricey

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

At the risk of asking a question that will start a pointless argument, who would people prefer on our roster - Maddison or Ziyech?

Ziyech  IF we can get him back to his best trust me on his day he's better than mahrez. Didn't fit in at all at chelsea though 

Edited by NasPb

8 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

At the risk of asking a question that will start a pointless argument, who would people prefer on our roster - Maddison or Ziyech?

Ziyech was the closest I’d seen to Mahrez at Ajax.

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

I'd also worry about his persistent hip injury and how off-form and unfit he looked after returning. He came back against Man City in early April but still look unfit and rusty by the end of the season.

Rodgers often talks about there being two types of players. Players that enjoy the benefits of being a footballer and players that dedicate everything. I get the impression he's referring to the likes of Chilwell and Maddison for the former.

I get the impression Rodgers isn’t keen. There is no denying his ability, but he must have some kind of attitude issue….. he was pretty crap in large parts of last season, granted he has been injured, but if he was fit like he declared, then he certainly didn’t show it.

I get the impression that although Rodgers is a very good man manager, and clearly has quality interpersonal skills, but he is no push over, I get the feeling Madders pushes those boundaries somewhat which probably causes a bit of tension between the pair. Rodgers has openly said he does not like that trait, so I imagine if the recruitment team said to him “we could possibly get Coutinho in, if you’re happy to sell Maddison to make space for him” Rodgers would say yea without hesitation. 

• Like 1

My attitude here is like with most players - if he doesn't want to be with us and give 100%, he can go at the right price. I suppose the next question is - how committed would Ziyech or Coutinho actually be?

Not sure why I'm asking the question, the likelihood of their joining is rather remote, I fear.

• Like 3

If he goes we're pretty fukced when it comes to attackng flair. 

We can expect a lot of turgid footy next season. You can't just replace a player like Madison. It might take us a few seasons to get a chance on a player like that again.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

Unless we get a crazy bid we shouldn't sell. Maddison is our best attacking midfielder by a country mile. He's had a tough season with injuries but he's still put up decent numbers which is a sign of a top player.

Edited by matty98
  • Like 2

Wouldn’t want to see him go. I’ve said in the past how much I rate him. Someone who offers a lot of creativity and attacking output which is a lot harder to find at premier league level than a lot of people are making out with the ‘replaceable’ comments.

However if someone doesn’t want to be here then I’d always say let them go for the right price. I would question someone’s ambition and judgement if they are willing to leave Leicester for Arsenal. Chelsea however I could understand. 

11 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

The state of some of you wanting to sell him, Madders before his injury was one of the most promising english talent in the league. He's still only 24, and got a long career ahead.

Trouble is will he get back to his best, I have my doubts 

Never liked us selling our best players, but in this case if the price is right, then I think we should.

Maddison was recovering from an injury at the end of a season...give him a break.  He gives us something that others in our current squad can't and inform he can create and score.   He will be anxious not to miss out on England again too, so expect him to have a storming season next year. 

Absolutely shocked how quick people are to move our stars on prematurely.  

• Like 1