Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Wales v Denmark - 26 June - 17:00 - Amsterdam Arena

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

If Danes show half of what they did yesterday  they-ll do the Welsh.

For all the love shown to Wales they ain't really done much more than has been expected.

And celebrating a 0-1 defeat to Italy doesnt speak volumes.

Bale makes out hes the Big I AM but what's he actually done.

I'd be embarrassed to be in the middle of the centre of them boys giving a rallying cry like he does.

Bale is easily the most talented player in both squads.
Wales didn't pull up trees against the Swiss or Italians, but they're difficult to beat and they thoroughly outclassed Turkey in similar fashion to Italy.
It's going to be a pretty even game and will ensure that at least one 'unfancied' side/rank outsider will make it to the QFs.

Bale is talented  but when hes counting his millions he will regret not making as much as he did with his talent.

Suppose thats the difference in that class of player and the superstar league like Ronaldo and Messi.

Talent only gets you so far, workrate gets you to superstar class

8 minutes ago, Raj said:

Bale is talented  but when hes counting his millions he will regret not making as much as he did with his talent.

Suppose thats the difference in that class of player and the superstar league like Ronaldo and Messi.

Talent only gets you so far, workrate gets you to superstar class

Like @Corky said, not sure you can really mean that given his accomplishments.

It's easy to judge his fall from grace at Real Madrid from the outside, but that is a club notoriously steeped in political controversy, nepotism and shady finances. I can't say I've ever seen him lacking work rate on the football pitch. Not sure what he's meant to regret?

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's won four European Cups, scoring in two finals. He's played nearly 100 times for his country and is their top scorer, played at two tournaments. Played for Real Madrid for nearly a decade.

He's had a brilliant career, the envy of many.

Yeah, like I said over rated!!!

lol

Wheres that @Finnegan when your on a wind up...I like him really, good luck to both teams!!!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Is this the first time in the history of international football that two goalkeepers from the same Club play against each other for their respective country, I wonder?

In the knockout stages of a major tournament? Maybe, but I doubt it. Definitely not when it comes to any international match.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Raj said:

Yeah, like I said over rated!!!

lol

Wheres that @Finnegan when your on a wind up...I like him really, good luck to both teams!!!

P.S when I said I like him I meant Bale NOT Finnegan!!!!!

• Haha 2

Cmon Cymru!! I think we can do it. Like us, the Danes have excellent team spirit especially after the awful Eriksen incident. They'll have fans there too. But backs to the wall suits us. If Bale and, Ramsey play to the best and others step up too, then we can win it. Hope it's a good game. The Turkey encounter was cracking. 

On 21/06/2021 at 22:49, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Either my wall chart is lying to me or I've filled it in wrong. Either way I'm not happy. Where's the tippex?

Couple of questions for you.

1.How old are you to be filling in a wall chart?

2.Who still produces football wall charts? Last one I filled in was Spain 82 when I was 8, the chart was a William Hill from the bookies and filled most of my wall. No I didn’t keep it.

12 minutes ago, promised land said:

Couple of questions for you.

1.How old are you to be filling in a wall chart?

2.Who still produces football wall charts? Last one I filled in was Spain 82 when I was 8, the chart was a William Hill from the bookies and filled most of my wall. No I didn’t keep it.

I’m 33 and still have every wall chart from about 2002. 

They come various magazines and daily newspapers. A couple of years ago I even bought one which went straight to charity 

4 minutes ago, VinceNoir said:

Buzzing for this! Going to the stadium in Aarhus to watch the game. Atmosphere was bouncing on Monday - more of the same tonight please. Come on Denmark!!

How many will be there? Sounds a great way to watch.

On 22/06/2021 at 16:55, Raj said:

If Danes show half of what they did yesterday  they-ll do the Welsh.

For all the love shown to Wales they ain't really done much more than has been expected.

And celebrating a 0-1 defeat to Italy doesnt speak volumes.

Bale makes out hes the Big I AM but what's he actually done.

I'd be embarrassed to be in the middle of the centre of them boys giving a rallying cry like he does.

Wales are in a no lose situation. Any modicum of success is magnified by the patronising media. Turkey were the worst team in the Euros and still had Wales sweating until stoppage time. The Swiss were far better and the Italians played a second string. Even in 2016 Wales only won 3 games out of 6 but that is viewed as a great tournament. 

I'm supporting Kasper today. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

How many will be there? Sounds a great way to watch.

I’d say there were about 10,000 or so on Monday. It was brilliant. It’s sold out as well tonight and the weather is sensational, so hoping for another memorable night :) 

• Like 1

Personally think that Denmark's experience in places will get them through, although it'd be great if Wales progressed more further.

Kieffer Moore really needs to start against these, with his physical presence.

Edited by Wymsey

On 22/06/2021 at 17:23, Corky said:

He's won four European Cups, scoring in two finals. He's played nearly 100 times for his country and is their top scorer, played at two tournaments. Played for Real Madrid for nearly a decade.

He's had a brilliant career, the envy of many.

Plus he got to play for spurs

• Haha 1