Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England v Czech Republic Match Thread

10 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I was screaming for the inclusion of Grealish. He did create the goal and it was a moment England needed, but didn't have much of the ball after that.

Saka was a revelation at times. Quick, aggressive attacking when he had the chance. He was a breath of fresh air.

Not sure the Czechs gave a toss about losing. Definitely bigger challenges to come. I think we should start as underdogs for the next game, if you ignore the ridiculous bookies and media.

Grealish is much better on the left. His games gone to another level in recent years since playing there.

• Like 1

We can moan about the performances all we like. We’ve topped the group, playing boring, pragmatic football and haven’t conceded. 

If we continue like this, we’ll actually do a half decent job. 

We do have the talent though, to go up 2 or 3 more gears. 

If we want exciting football, I guess we should go and watch the Netherlands. 

• Like 3

Jesus Christ there’s no pleasing some people. We’ve won the group without conceding a goal. We’ve also not had to really turn the screw in any game. I get people wanna see us absolutely turn teams over but that’s not how it’s going to be. 

Tournament football is about winning games, regardless of how it’s done. Portugal didn’t win a game in 90 minutes when they won the tournament. Harder games coming, we’ll raise our game. Home advantage next game. Look at the positives regardless of how small you might think they are. 

I guess some people aren’t happy unless they’re moaning. It’s like they want us to fail so there’s something to moan about. Each to their own though, I guess. 

I get it can be a frustrating watch at times. I do.Every game we’ve played so far our opponents have sat in looking to hit us on the break. 

Anyway, enjoy your moaning. Here’s to the next round. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BenTheFox said:

Not too sure how you can be so critical about that performamce. Solid, professional, job done. Now to watch us get annihilated on my birthday next Tuesday. 

I don’t think we will though. You can’t see us conversing lots of goals. 

Uninspiring for long periods, but to be fair a professional performance from the team. Thought Maguire made a big difference and Stones played better with him alongside. 

The problem as we all know is going forward with real intent and speed. How many times could we have played the ball wide, but regularly turned backwards or in field and the moment and momentum gone. Sterling has pace, but we don’t use it and Rashford seems to have lost interest. Saka works hard, played well tonight for a young lad, but still learning. Kane is a great player, but not taking his chances. Hopefully he will click next week. We have to find a way of scoring more than one goal per game. 

GS might be obsessed with defence, but if we play Germany or France, we will, almost certainly, need to score two / three goals to have any chance of progressing. He has to formulate an aggressive / offensive plan B, otherwise we will go out without a whimper. I ain’t holding my breath. 

• Like 3

Gentlemen, as you know, you won't always do the same thing when attacking. You will shoot sometimes so that the opponent thinks that you will shoot and they will come to block your way, and then you can pass to the free player .  The opponent should not predict what you are going to do. 

The more you diversify your attacking option , the more you can outrun and crash your opponent. We all know and The world know ; there are already very talented fast players in the English national team who will do this perfect . They play quick passes and surprise the opponent. They can do it all. They could shoot sometimes and hit the target , I am so sure..

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

My God I want Chermany, and not La France.

I wouldn't feel that confident facing either, but France are possibly the best team at this whole Championship.

Oh France easily have the best squad. Not even close in my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Doubt that's who we'll be playing...

You are right. Just had a look at the tables. I expect it will be Germany. We're doomed.  BUT - I'd luvvit if we were to shit house a win against Germany, that would be sooooo sweet.