Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England v Czech Republic Match Thread

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Exactly. Tonight we’ve just done what we have to do. Those being positive about it would call it ‘a professional performance’. We played ok first half, got the goal, slowed the game down and finish top of the group

Now the tournament starts proper for England I think 

1-0 is a dangerous score and do not give guarantee. 

7 minutes ago, Bert said:

Czechs are happy to come second. We are happy to have our next game at home. Don’t need to over exert ourselves. It’s all about game management. Some people don’t or won’t understand it. I think throughout the tournament we’ve actually looked quite solid at the back. Currently yet to concede. Only Italy have done this so far. Like to look at positives rather than negatives. 

I can’t see how we can fluff it up as ‘game management’ we’ve been poor in all the games. 2 goals in 3 games, no real attacking threat in any of the games, poor subs, walking football. When we are in attacking positions it ends up back in defence or with Pickford.

Look at Denmark, Belgium, Italy. All look good and organised. Compare that to us and it’s a no contest. A better side would have beaten us. Strikers not scoring, subs not having an impact. I just can’t see where the positivity is. England are poor and that, I’m afraid comes from the manager as we ha e some great talent in the squad.

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

Just now, fox_favourite said:

I can’t see how we can fluff it up as ‘game management’ we’ve been poor in all the games. 2 goals in 3 games, no real attacking threat in any of the games, poor subs, walking football. 

Look at Denmark, Belgium, Italy. All look good and organised. Compare that to us and it’s a no contest. A better side would have beaten us. Strikers not scoring, subs not having an impact. I just can’t see where the positivity is. England are poor and that, I’m afraid comes from the manager as we ha e some great talent in the squad.

How can you say we don’t look organised when we’ve not yet conceded? lol 

Just now, fox_favourite said:

I can’t see how we can fluff it up as ‘game management’ we’ve been poor in all the games. 2 goals in 3 games, no real attacking threat in any of the games, poor subs, walking football. 

With you on this. Poor. Barely looked like scoring.

Guest StevieLynex
9 minutes ago, Livid said:

I’m not sure how anyone hasn’t really worked out to pressure Pickford yet, he’s always got one howler in the closet. 

France/Germany or Portugal might have an idea

9 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I will never, ever, hear the end of them saying they were the better side in that draw.

A massive piss up and a draw were their highlights.

We will talk proudly about 1 draw in 3 games and you lot will greet and bitch and moan about 2 wins and a draw.... swings and roundabouts. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Bert said:

Because we’ve been lucky and not come against a team with an attacking minded approach yet. Scotland gave us a run for our a money, what would a better side do to that defence. We looked panicked at the back. 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

Struggled against Scotland. 2 goals in 3 games. Not conceded because the teams we've played lack decent attack

Edited by Parafox