Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

England v Czech Republic Match Thread

Another poor performance from England. Boring and slow performance. Only positive is Saka and few glimpses of Greleash.

Bringing Henderpoo on is a joke. We have some of the most talented attacking but we don’t play them or attack?! I don’t get it! Poor management and I think Southgate has to go. 

Just now, MPH said:

1 point in 3 games. Hopefully people will stop saying Scotland are having a good tournament now 

I will never, ever, hear the end of them saying they were the better side in that draw.

A massive piss up and a draw were their highlights.

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The Scots had their cup final and drew nil nil

They've been a better watch than Turkey, Macedonia, Finland and Russia so far though. Didn't disgrace themselves.

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

It’s been another solid performance by England and I’m not surprised we’ve slowed down in the second half. The Czechs haven’t looked to worry us at all

The question is how much more have we got? When we play a very good side, have we another gear to go up into? 

I agree. We haven't been as bad as people make out. We've been fairly solid in all 3 games and look like we could move up a gear if needed. I'm quite optimistic for the knockout stages. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

At least Scotland had their 0-0 to celebrate :ph34r:

There is a pretty decent chance Croatia and Denmark will be in the quarter finals despite being shite for their first 2 games (understandably for Denmark of course)

Perisic's goal ruined that. Now the Czechs are facing the Netherlands, while Croatia play the runner-ups from Group E.

Edit: Just realised that's not a given either. Oh so confusing with all these possible permutations!

Edited by shen

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Czechs are happy to come second. We are happy to have our next game at home. Don’t need to over exert ourselves. It’s all about game management. Some people don’t or won’t understand it. I think throughout the tournament we’ve actually looked quite solid at the back. Currently yet to concede. Only Italy have done this so far. Like to look at positives rather than negatives. 

Except they're third now.

1 minute ago, Bert said:

Czechs are happy to come second. We are happy to have our next game at home. Don’t need to over exert ourselves. It’s all about game management. Some people don’t or won’t understand it. I think throughout the tournament we’ve actually looked quite solid at the back. Currently yet to concede. Only Italy have done this so far. Like to look at positives rather than negatives. 

Exactly. Tonight we’ve just done what we have to do. Those being positive about it would call it ‘a professional performance’. We played ok first half, got the goal, slowed the game down and finish top of the group

Now the tournament starts proper for England I think 

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Sancho and DCL should be going to see Southgate tomorrow and suggesting they just go home. No point in being there. Especially DCL when the man ahead of you looks unfit and uninterested.

All I've heard on the radio is Kane needs to be given opportunities. Been given them today and he's done nothing

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gazi Giray said:

Why English players are not doing shooting ? Shooting is a very powerful force. The goalkeeper can knock and another player can complete it.. Also, if you don't shoot any , the game is not very exciting. As far as I know, English players used to like to shooting in the past and matches were very exciting.

Gazi Giray for England manager I say 

• Haha 2