Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

I honestly thought he did great for us at Man City. I saw him and Cags arguing at one point yesterday  - clearly some communication issues. I think I will reserve judgement for now, but at the same time am glad Jonny seems to be on the way back, and am counting down until Wes gets back 

Edited by rachhere

11 hours ago, Stevosevic said:

Doesn't really matter does it. It's not like he was an unknown quantity. 

He's been playing in the PL for a few years for a bottom half side and the fans of that club didn't particularly rate him. Plus many of us have seen him before. 

He looks exactly like what we were told we were getting. He's not going to suddenly turn in to a good player. 

But with a new start....!

Why Posters Love tearing into other individuals,without First giving them that new chance & encouragement..Just Shows they are more concerned, in getting

put those First cynical " I told you so"  statements ,than the football...

Ve

Vardy,Lookman,and to a point Soumare had for different reasons good games. The team probably their season's needed better performance.

A selection that shower Rodgers & team, wanted a more attacking intent...

We created some Great chances Scored 2 Good goals. 

We are a squad, who has taken over 14 month some Big hits, Rodgers only since yesterday, could start to think that he can build Team ideas & selection,

to cover, all competitions..

Nacho here Nacho there is not the major concern he will see decent gametime from Bench & from the start..

Yes Vestergaard, and the whole bline is our achilles & major worry (I heard that Amartey has had soreness around the ankle.?? )

Evans still a worry, Ricardo was indifferent yesterday, good on the front foot, but had Defensive wobbles...

Bertrand average, I prefer Thomas, but wouldnt argue the toss over it...Castagna being eased back..

Soyu, still Not up to the pace, but looked better..( Like Tielemans maybe still carrying the Euros mentality & physically),

Ndidi, not bet back to those high Standards we have seen

Thats Why I understood the Soumare selection...

Like Rodgers mentioned, "Yes we are having difficulties & suffering defensively,but we Need to Work as a team"...

Honestly IMO our bline still Need to find & up their own individual contributions...

Each One has had their weak & lacking moments.I

Our squad & Rodgers are refinding themselves...but too many on here ( Not meaning you) are reacting & Posting as though

we have had no Major problems with chronic-injuries,forced buys, and needed time returning to that high Performance they were previously delivering...

I thought our Front 6 selection was excellent & knowing Nacho would come on. Though Barnes seems well Tied by Burnley, he still found & created space

from where he could , Maybe should have Scores 2-3...I

Top much nonsense over Burnley...they are a decent side,who have improved every season...They are a lot bring than (attempt)point scoring  & sneidy, necessary remarks from a forum,that considers itself well balanced...

Their pushing and Good play, seen them Score a Damn Good goal and create Good chances & against a present Suspect defence...

Vestergaard, like Maddison for a different reason & priority needs encouragement & support...

Our defence doesn't Need supporters Chasing negatives in or the exact areas, where our problems are well known...

Any post is mute & Empty & more an under the next remark which is totally unnecessary, from so called own supporters...

& the hoping was pathetic..

16 hours ago, HesNotGudjonsonn2 said:

I am sure him and Bertrand were just bought for strength in depth when called upon. We need these sorts of players. Once we have a fully fit squad, how good a player do we expect to be able to attract to be an emergency player?

Why on earth has bertrand come in and kicked Thomas, who was playing and progressing well, out of the starting lineup and even off the bench? Amartey was playing well before vestegaard came in as well. On the face of it we've brought in two really poor players that are worse than the ones they replaced and are taking minutes from, maybe they can turn it around but i feel like theyre going to be considered deadwood that need to be gotten off the books soon. Cant stress enough how fustrated i am that Bertrand is taking first team minutes away from a young local player who is also better at only 20 years old, terrible transfer.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Isn't passing supposed to be one of his strengths? Just perusing the stats from yesterday's game (and I know bare statistics can often be misleading or not reveal the full picture), but he had the highest pass completion % and the most passing distance covered.

Apparently so but from what I’ve seen overall his distribution has been woeful. It’s still early doors mind.

3 hours ago, rachhere said:

I saw him and Cags arguing at one point yesterday  - clearly some communication issues. 

Dunno about "clearly" but maybe Cag's finds Verse's accented English difficult! But no, animated conversations are par for the course when passions are high on the pitch.

I also saw them in conversation prior to a corner. And Veste makes Cags look titchy!

Gets bullied and bundled over by players half his size.  Cant jump.  And one of the slowest players i've seen live.  If I was ANY premier league striker I'd be licking my lips at the prospect of him lining up against me.  

What was he doing allowing a cross to come in yesterday for Burnley's 2nd? And the disallowed goal at the end was an absolute embarrassing attempt from him to win an easy header to clear danger.  Stating the obvious here, but this was a panic buy and a rare piece of extremely bad business from us. We need Evans and Fofana fit badly, Jannick at the back for any length of time will see us leaking comical goals.  Big Dan must be fuming!

• Like 4

He’s a back up player who has recently joined us, been thrown into the first team and trying to adjust to a new way of playing. Against Brighton and Burnley we conceded 4 goals which I don’t account any to him for.

He could have done better against Vyder or however you spell his name for that cross but I still think he did enough, it wasn’t his fault the cross found a free man in the box with all the time in the world to volley it.

We’ve been very unlucky with the goals and decisions against is the last two games and things seem to be getting better.

He’s not gonna sign for Leicester then all of a sudden develop pace out of nowhere. He’s here to add depth but due to injuries he’s had to step up into the first team and I think he’s done ok and with time will become better.

Stuff it!! Let’s shove him in the U23’s and be only be left with 2 fit defenders for the majority of the season.

Ppl accusing me of being on acid because I can look deeper into a game then the bunch of sheep on here.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

He’s a back up player who has recently joined us, been thrown into the first team and trying to adjust to a new way of playing. Against Brighton and Burnley we conceded 4 goals which I don’t account any to him for.

He could have done better against Vyder or however you spell his name for that cross but I still think he did enough, it wasn’t his fault the cross found a free man in the box with all the time in the world to volley it.

We’ve been very unlucky with the goals and decisions against is the last two games and things seem to be getting better.

He’s not gonna sign for Leicester then all of a sudden develop pace out of nowhere. He’s here to add depth but due to injuries he’s had to step up into the first team and I think he’s done ok and with time will become better.

Stuff it!! Let’s shove him in the U23’s and be only be left with 2 fit defenders for the majority of the season.

Ppl accusing me of being on acid because I can look deeper into a game then the bunch of sheep on here.

No way did he do enough against Vydra. 

He was pretty shocking for most of the game and Burnley targeted him and Soyuncu big time. 

I do think we're a bit quick to judge a player that's only just come into the side though. 

Their defence did a lot better than ours yesterday, that's for sure. 

Big Dan is a bomb scare so we need Evans and Forfana back desperately 

Just now, Hollyfox said:

No way did he do enough against Vydra. 

He was pretty shocking for most of the game and Burnley targeted him and Soyuncu big time. 

I do think we're a bit quick to judge a player that's only just come into the side though. 

Their defence did a lot better than ours yesterday, that's for sure. 

Big Dan is a bomb scare so we need Evans and Forfana back desperately 

You comparing a Burnley defence which has about 8 players around the CB’s to our CB’s who are pretty much 1v1.

Can’t compare.

41 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Perhaps we shouldn't let them get in 1 v 1 situations then

Be careful what you wish for.

It seems on here most ppl would prefer a team that plays direct and physical like a Burnley team.

I for one am still very happy with the way the club is heading. Long may it continue!!

How did we end up buying Vesterguard when we could have got Tomiyasu? He’s quietly very effective , they bought him for the same money .  All this “needs to have premier league experience “ is rubbish , Tomiyasu has no experience and is doing well .  Little Wes didn’t have prem experience, but guess what he’s been fine .  If you got the talent and intelligence you can make it anywhere .  We messed up with Vesterguard.  Even Chris Richards would have been better 

Edited by Silver surfer 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

Be careful what you wish for.

It seems on here most ppl would prefer a team that plays direct and physical like a Burnley team.

I for one am still very happy with the way the club is heading. Long may it continue!!

Yep, I think you're right. 

People in the Kop shouting for us to be more direct when our goals came from clever, well weighted through balls. 

We needed to move the ball quicker but punting it long would have played into their hands. 

I thought we were loads better yesterday, especially 1st half, where we went at Burnley, unlike our poor 1st half showing at Brighton. 

It was mainly the nervous defence and poor distribution for Kasper that got the crowd to become frustrated 

The groaning/booing is, was, and always will be, blinking embarrassing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

It was a poor performance yesterday, but he did get our MOTM against Man City.

That's because of how we have to play against them. They will control the ball and we'll defend deep. 3/4 of the league we'll be the team controlling the ball and the line will be high, and that's where Vestergaard is going to get shown up.

That said, yesterday he was even awful when he was pushed deep. Says a lot when you are 6ft6 and are constantly targeted with set pieces. You'd think a team would avoid putting an attacking set piece anywhere near 6ft 6 defender, but not yesterday. Just because it didn't result in a goal doesn't mean it wasn't a problem.

4 hours ago, drumbeat said:

Dunno about "clearly" but maybe Cag's finds Verse's accented English difficult! But no, animated conversations are par for the course when passions are high on the pitch.

I also saw them in conversation prior to a corner. And Veste makes Cags look titchy!

I didn’t mean language wise, I meant about who was meant to be doing what

Jesus Christ, he has played what 4 games?

In the list of current players written off by some after not many games we have….

Club legend Jamie Vardy

Kelechi Iheanacho 

Soyunchu

Surely we can learn something from this?

Edited by Strokes

23 hours ago, iancognito said:

He's totally against the style of signing because with the others they were all brought in with months of planning in mind, we ended up a week before the season with one fit CB and needing to find anyone remotely suitable/available with PL experience.

I'm surprised at how many are having a pop at him. I thought he did okay today, certainly wasn't as poor as Tielemans, Wilf and Schmeichel. He was excellent against Man City and Chris Wood has troubled every CB we've ever had (because so few PL sides play that style probably) He's come in to a side struggling with confidence and has had a new partner every week plus his niggle after his first game. He's going to be just as troubled as Cags right now because of all the changes and two games a week now til Christmas doesn't give anyone a chance to put things right. Pretty sure there were just as many negative comments after Evans's first few games because he had a nightmare too. The guy needs time and games to get up to speed with how we play and how we do things.

Why the desperation for a player with 'PL experience'?

If he 'needs time'....and 'games to get up to speed with how we play'....Why is the PL part necessary?

I think this 'way we play' part is far overrated.

Hassenhuttl was happy to let Vestegaard/Bertrand go, as it's clear they can't play how he wants to, which is a high energy pressing game.

That Livramento lad has looked exceptional at right back for them, only 18 too, with no 'PL experience'.

Tielemans had 'no PL experience' before us, same with Ndidi....

Vestergaard will always be slow, clumsy and extremely suspect at playing a high line.

It goes completely against what we usually like in a CB, with Fofana/Soyuncu and even Evans is underrated with his mobility.

No amount of 'time' can improve his weaknesses, and I've yet to see any strengths over Amartey. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Strokes said:

Jesus Christ, he has played what 4 games?

In the list of current players written off by some after not many games we have….

Club legend Jamie Vardy

Kelechi Iheanacho 

Soyunchu

Surely we can learn something from this?

This guy was bought purely because he is 'PL experienced'.

He's 29 and can't improve upon his glaring physical weaknesses.

He can't and wont be better than he is now.

I'm sure he would better with Fofana next to him, but that say more about little Wes than it does about big Yan.

£15 million has already proven to be a waste, when we would have been better buying more of a 'project', like Soyuncu/Benkovic etc for that price.

We've lost too many points already, to conclude that his 'PL experience' hasn't benefitted us.

• Thanks 1