Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That back 3 tonight was possibly the worst I've ever seen for a team that wasn't spanked by a big figure. It had everything that could possibly go wrong as a combo. Soyuncu switching off twice in the opening minutes, Vestergaard slow as anything and also passing was so laboured and unadventurous for a player supposedly elite on the ball and then Amartey was an absolute clown tonight and yet the majority of our gameplan or the way the game panned out was these 3 passing the ball between themselves and then having zero ability of remaining defensively strong when it came back at them on the counter.

What was that headers from KDH's peach of a corner in the 2nd half as well? I thought he was supposed to be dominant at set pieces at either end? It's like one of the criteria when we sign defenders is to make sure they cannot head the ball accurately. 

Fuming, what a complete disaster this defence is. I'd honestly not play any of them ever again.

Bang on

Our problem IS the defence. It’s crystal clear to anyone who wants to see. 
Soyuncu is too nervy to be the main CB. He needs a steady head playing alongside him

No-one will ever persuade me that Amartey is a Premiership defender. And Vestergaard looks worse than both of them!

We’re in trouble with this defence. It’s making the rest of the players nervy and we look like conceding goals every time we play

Palace ain’t much good, but they’ll score against this lot, no doubt  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Le Renard said:

He's a 100% Rodger's signing, he rates him from his time at Celtic, when they played against the team Vestergaard played for.  Liverpool fans said that was the major problem with Rodgers, his defensive signings were poor.  Fofana for me showed that he can get it right, but Vestergaard.....what the hell is he thinking!

What are you on about?

How do these myths of the manager having a carte blanche to sign players still exist in this day and age?

I'm absolutely not sold on Vestergaard, but I cannot remember a signing being as targeted as he's been on here. It's seriously off-putting, and lord knows this place can be toxic at times.

Vestergaard wasn't a desperate signing, Brendan wanted him last year as I remember. After Fofana got injured we were linked to several younger defenders and we did have a bit of time, so we didn't need to be rushed. We got so many involved in recruitment, management, board etc so surely we didn't have to panic and sign anyone!

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I initially thought that he would do a job.  But the lads shite, yea he can pass, but he can’t jump, can’t win a tackle and can’t run…… so he’s about as useful as stepping on a wet dog turd in bare feet. 

Nothing more to add. On the ball OK, defending … SHIT!

20 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Vestergaard wasn't a desperate signing, Brendan wanted him last year as I remember. After Fofana got injured we were linked to several younger defenders and we did have a bit of time, so we didn't need to be rushed. We got so many involved in recruitment, management, board etc so surely we didn't have to panic and sign anyone!

The good man BR, I genuinely now believe is on very thin ice! We didn’t “sell” in the summer, he got players etc …. And this has been a very poor start …. There are no (more) excuses. Results MUST pick up immediately or … he goes! Feels like he’s lost the hearts of the players, we’ve looked miles off it this season 

• Thanks 1

He is rubbish but then again, Cags is also having a nightmare besides him.

I only really trust Evans and Fofana, both of whom are out with injury. Amartey is arguably in better form than Vestergaard.  Just...you can't get anywhere with a dreadful defence 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MalletFox said:

The good man BR, I genuinely now believe is on very thin ice! We didn’t “sell” in the summer, he got players etc …. And this has been a very poor start …. There are no (more) excuses. Results MUST pick up immediately or … he goes! Feels like he’s lost the hearts of the players, we’ve looked miles off it this season 

Doubt Rodgers is going to be on thin ice yet when it would cost £15-20m to sack him

9 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Anyone in that away end tonight will think he’s a willy puller for the rest of his City career. 

Full time whistle, straight down the tunnel. Now either his injury is that bad he needed immediate attention or he has no respect for the fans, his team mates and his opponents 

Remember when the full squad did it when we'd been pumped 5-0 in Porto. Only Albrighton came over.

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

For a defender as big as he is it's baffling that he never looks in control of either box when the ball comes in. He looks like a basketball player on a football pitch.

Read the Saints forum when he joined and they said "If they are expecting him to be good in the air or assurred in his own box, then good luck"  lol