Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

On 28/09/2021 at 05:08, iancognito said:

Every player needs time. Getting used to new players around you and formations especially when your defensive partner changes every week is key. And again, Johnny Evans was absolute shite in his first month for us. I could sit here and list another dozen players who didn't hit the ground running and turned out to be decent/great players for us.

Our fan base is notoriously quick to slag players off and then eat humble pie later.

I don't think Evans was as bad for us as you make out.....

But, he showed at Man United and West Brom he was at the very least, a decent Premier League CB.

No matter how many years Vestegaard stays here and no matter how many training sessions he has, he will always be slow, have the turning circle of an oil tanker and be very vulnerable in a high line or 1v1 situations.

For the same fee we could have picked up Guehi, who has very good Championship experience for a guy who is just 21.

He's mobile, good on the ball, and would have been a continuation of our approach to signing progressive players.

For someone a bit more experienced, Joachim Andersen was available too...Who had a good season at Fulham last year, just like Lookman!

With a guy like Guehi, his 'lack of PL experience' MAY be an issue, some players can adapt to this level just fine (Ndidi/Fofana/Castagne/Tielemans etc).

But Vestegaard's weaknesses are ALWAYS going to be there.

Guehi, even if he wasn't ready, although he looks it at Palace, would have time to develop....Vestergaard already needs replacing next summer.

• Thanks 1

Was in agreement with those saying it's a sensible signing under tricky circumstances. 

How wrong I was.

Honestly don't think I've seen such a useless lump at the back for us. 

He plays like when you're on a new version of FIFA and you don't know the controls.

Literally all he does is run (slowly) shadowing the ball. Then gets turned and can't react. It's absolutely mental. 

• Like 1

I'm sorry but he is so bad, I refuse to believe that Benkovic would be doing a worse job, his lack of pace and mobility I think is unsettling Cags who looks worse then when Amartey was playing and he isn't an organiser either, I really don't see what he offers us other than having Danish mate for Kasper

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3