Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

On 28/09/2021 at 05:03, iancognito said:

He didn't do anything major wrong and on two or three occasions he was there with a clearance or header away as the last man. Tielemans - as observed by everyone around me too - was giving the ball away like the ghost of Junior Lewis. He had a terrible game by his standards and Wilf - apart from a couple of custom recoveries wasn't at the races either. Find a link to the game, watch it back, my observation is every bit as valid as yours.

Your entitled to your opinion but your wrong. If you watched the shambles tonight you would see him looking like an absolute cart horse again.

We will be in major major trouble with Amarty and him in our back line.

He just got run ragged by a tinpot Warsaw front line and he got run ragged by Burnley and Vydra..it’s embarrassing. 

• Like 1

He’s the worst DEFENDER & slowest player I’ve ever seen.

Can pick a nice pass but that shouldn’t warrant a place in our squad, he shouldn’t be anywhere near it. I’ve never seen a player get brushed aside and beaten so easily it’s embarrassing. 

Its painful watching him and painful to think we’ve scouted and paid all this money for him.

• Like 1

We desperately need cover in Jan. it’s mental we didn’t go for Zouma or Tarwoski or even a Dunk or Ben Mee.

We need Evans back desperately to cover until Jan at least and then get in cover and we hopefully can rescue this sh*t heap of a season so far.

Vestergard and Amarty no. It’s not form, it’s not give them time, it’s you are ****ing useless and don’t belong in a team fighting top 10 even, let alone our trajectory in recent seasons.

I honestly believe we could be in a relegation battle potentially. We will be alright with the quality in the middle and up front I think but if day Youri goes in jan and we get a few knocks to the attack that can score us goals then we could get dragged in because these players mentioned are as bad as anyone in the prem.

16 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

He’s the worst DEFENDER & slowest player I’ve ever seen.

Can pick a nice pass but that shouldn’t warrant a place in our squad, he shouldn’t be anywhere near it. I’ve never seen a player get brushed aside and beaten so easily it’s embarrassing. 

Its painful watching him and painful to think we’ve scouted and paid all this money for him.

Hyperbole much? 

• Like 2

He's a 100% Rodger's signing, he rates him from his time at Celtic, when they played against the team Vestergaard played for.  Liverpool fans said that was the major problem with Rodgers, his defensive signings were poor.  Fofana for me showed that he can get it right, but Vestergaard.....what the hell is he thinking!

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Fofana for me showed that he can get it right, but Vestergaard.....what the hell is he thinking!

I think the difference is that The Fofana signing was planned. Had Fofana not broke his leg and Evans didn't have his foot injury, we would not even have signed Vestergaard

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

How bad does Benko have to be to play this donkey infront of him? I'd rather have Ndidi there to be honest. 

We can’t do that for the same reason that Liverpool did last year.

Liverpool lost Van Dijk and Gomez(leader and young talent) and initially got battered by taking out Fabinho(top class DM) and it was all a mish mash.

Klopp realised before it was to late(unfortunately for us) that he should just play his best players in best positions and trust the weaker players to cope and play their own game.

We need to do the same, our situation is exactly the same. Fofana and Evans are out Gomez and Van Dijk and Fabinho is our Ndidi.

We need to keep the squad in the middle how we’re best with the Wilf Youri combo, and adjust the defence with round pegs in round holes, even if their sh*t round pegs!

Problem is, these players in question are not just slightly worse than the players injured, they are a chasm apart, however we need to cope somehow till jan and pray we have the money to get cover.

With this current team till the end of the season, make no mistake, we’ll be at least a looking over our shoulders bottom half team.

That back 3 tonight was possibly the worst I've ever seen for a team that wasn't spanked by a big figure. It had everything that could possibly go wrong as a combo. Soyuncu switching off twice in the opening minutes, Vestergaard slow as anything and also passing was so laboured and unadventurous for a player supposedly elite on the ball and then Amartey was an absolute clown tonight and yet the majority of our gameplan or the way the game panned out was these 3 passing the ball between themselves and then having zero ability of remaining defensively strong when it came back at them on the counter.

What was that headers from KDH's peach of a corner in the 2nd half as well? I thought he was supposed to be dominant at set pieces at either end? It's like one of the criteria when we sign defenders is to make sure they cannot head the ball accurately. 

Fuming, what a complete disaster this defence is. I'd honestly not play any of them ever again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That back 3 tonight was possibly the worst I've ever seen for a team that wasn't spanked by a big figure. It had everything that could possibly go wrong as a combo. Soyuncu switching off twice in the opening minutes, Vestergaard slow as anything and also passing was so laboured and unadventurous for a player supposedly elite on the ball and then Amartey was an absolute clown tonight and yet the majority of our gameplan or the way the game panned out was these 3 passing the ball between themselves and then having zero ability of remaining defensively strong when it came back at them on the counter.

What was that headers from KDH's peach of a corner in the 2nd half as well? I thought he was supposed to be dominant at set pieces at either end? It's like one of the criteria when we sign defenders is to make sure they cannot head the ball accurately. 

Fuming, what a complete disaster this defence is. I'd honestly not play any of them ever again.

Amarty and Vestergard are really that bad. There almost too bad to criticise. I’m fuming how bad we’ve cocked up in the transfer market, it’s so unlike us but this was so obvious. Saints have done us over proper well and have improved with upmancano.

• Like 1