Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

17 hours ago, Ricey said:

It wasn’t his fault that Albrighton slipped but his reaction should have been to show him down the line. Instead he trundled over and stopped a yard away with his legs together, making it dead easy for the winger to look up and pick out a man.

Soyuncu and Ndidi are more to blame but Vestergaard should be stopping that at source.

Agreed and I do find it worrying how we don't seem to stop crosses. Vestergaard should have stopped that cross with ease.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, baldeagle said:

He’s  got a good range of passing on him for sure and didn’t seem quiet  as slow tonight don’t get me wrong he’s still ****ing  slow 

It would have been a lot better for his Leicester career if he had been fit at the start.

I know it sounds improbable, but he might have been tolerable cover in better circumstances, tho I think it is too late for him to find redemption here.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

It would have been a lot better for his Leicester career if he had been fit at the start.

I know it sounds improbable, but he might have been tolerable cover in better circumstances, tho I think it is too late for him to find redemption here.

More chance at Shawshank!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, turkish14 said:

If our fans feel they have the right to boo him, then he has the right to not applaud or acknowledge the fans post game. 

So if a small minority boo you think it’s ok for Verstergaard (or any other player) to treat the large majority of the paying fans that didn’t boo him in this way? IMO You man up, do a lap and acknowledge the fans that have turned up and cheered your team on irrespective of the result or your own performance. 

15 hours ago, turkish14 said:

If our fans feel they have the right to boo him, then he has the right to not applaud or acknowledge the fans post game. 

Well he's not going to win them over by walking off down the tunnel is he. Fans can usually forgive lack of ability if effort and attitude are right. Vestergaard lacks ability but also effort and attitude. If he looked like he was trying and acknowledged the fans he probably wouldn't be getting booed at any point in the first place. I've seen him do the tunnel thing before he was ever booed, so brought on completely by himself. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

So if a small minority boo you think it’s ok for Verstergaard (or any other player) to treat the large majority of the paying fans that didn’t boo him in this way? IMO You man up, do a lap and acknowledge the fans that have turned up and cheered your team on irrespective of the result or your own performance. 

I don’t think it’s a small minority.

Love the “man up” comment too, like it’s easy to just switch off from the hate and vitriol? If only humans were all The same 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Well he's not going to win them over by walking off down the tunnel is he. Fans can usually forgive lack of ability if effort and attitude are right. Vestergaard lacks ability but also effort and attitude. If he looked like he was trying and acknowledged the fans he probably wouldn't be getting booed at any point in the first place. I've seen him do the tunnel thing before he was ever booed, so brought on completely by himself. 

The E word again, entitled…

so for you (assuming you boo him) and others, he will get your respect by waving to you and giving you a thumbs up 😂

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

The E word again, entitled…

so for you (assuming you boo him) and others, he will get your respect by waving to you and giving you a thumbs up 😂

You shouldn't assume, and I've never booed. 

So you (assuming you don't boo :D) expect he'll get respect from the fans by not acknowledging them and walking down the tunnel. 

As I said I think the walking off came before any booing, so he's always had that attitude, and how can he expect full support if he behaving like that.

If the fans aren't entitled to some respect and acknowledgement for the player, why is the player entitled to respect and acknowledgement? Works both ways.

Edited by Facecloth

19 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

I think he might play ok if we defend deep, so there is no space behind him for their forwards to run in behind Also if he doesn’t have to head the ball too much. 

....there is only certain teams we need to sit deep against!!!

Rodgers wants to press the game, playing a high line is the preferred option and that allows us to dominate the game and win the ball further up the pitch. Up against Man. City you have too many players who he would be too slow against with their movements and skill on the ball. There is little scope for him to add much to the team, we saw something when we decided to bring him in, we obviously were not paying too much attention, to what we needed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s ****ing terrible but it’s never nice to see a player so shot of confidence. Glad to see him put in a good shift last night.

Re being shot on confidence I don’t think booing helps or is productive. Why would you boo a player which will then increase the likelihood he will make a mistake, which may lead to a goal being conceded? Ridiculous 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Re being shot on confidence I don’t think booing helps or is productive. Why would you boo a player which will then increase the likelihood he will make a mistake, which may lead to a goal being conceded? Ridiculous 

Agreed, but I’m not the type to boo anyway. Never have and never will, even when things are utterly desperate. 

15 hours ago, Facecloth said:

You shouldn't assume, and I've never booed. 

So you (assuming you don't boo :D) expect he'll get respect from the fans by not acknowledging them and walking down the tunnel. 

As I said I think the walking off came before any booing, so he's always had that attitude, and how can he expect full support if he behaving like that.

If the fans aren't entitled to some respect and acknowledgement for the player, why is the player entitled to respect and acknowledgement? Works both ways.

No I don’t boo any of our players.

I don’t understand your point. If he chooses willingly to not acknowledge the fans straight after the game, than why should booing be mutually exclusive to that action. Just let him walk….

Also what makes you or I think he “needs full support” and why should him staying in the pitch and clapping players merit that?

Shouldn't the fact he is an LCFC player mean he gets our support? Of course different players and personalities will get different levels. But there should never be any negative reaction to any player period.

your last point I’m not saying he deserves “respect” more than he shouldn’t be boood

Edited by turkish14

33 minutes ago, turkish14 said:

No I don’t boo any of our players.

I don’t understand your point. If he chooses willingly to not acknowledge the fans straight after the game, than why should booing be mutually exclusive to that action. Just let him walk….

Also what makes you or I think he “needs full support” and why should him staying in the pitch and clapping players merit that?

Shouldn't the fact he is an LCFC player mean he gets our support? Of course different players and personalities will get different levels. But there should never be any negative reaction to any player period.

your last point I’m not saying he deserves “respect” more than he shouldn’t be boood

I'm not saying he should be booed, I'm saying you expect the fans to respect and acknowledge his effort (not that he seems to put much in), but he has never acknowledged their support. Respect works both ways. You expect the fans to unconditionally respect the players, but you don't care if the players return that. I'm not arguing for booing, I'm arguing against your notion that players should be respected regardless. When I go to a game i cheer all our players and clap them at the end, and they all come to the crowd and acknowledge that support. I have never seen Vestergaard do thet, so he's received the support and just stuck two fingers up to it. You'll have to forgive some fans if their willingness to support him is wearing thin. Couple that with poor performances and not looking like he can be arsed, I can understand some boos.

Edited by Facecloth

On 18/02/2022 at 07:10, phoneticerror said:

Best I’ve seen him play. Still not anything to shout about, but he actually did something and he managed to catch a few headers for a change 😂

Great improvement some solid defending still needs to use his height more to dominate crosses & corners but other than that he’s becoming a decent CB, I really  hope he carries on improving helps out our defensive woes & its not going to be a case of 1 step forward 2 back.

17 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not say he should be booed, I'm saying you expect the fans to respect and acknowledge his effort (not that he seems to put much in), but he has never acknowledged their support. Respect works both ways. You expect the fans to unconditionally respect the players, but you don't care if the players return that. I'm not arguing for booing, I'm arguing against your notion that players should be respected regardless. When I go to a game i cheer all our players and clap them at the end, and they all come to the crowd and acknowledge that support. I have never seen Vestergaard do thet, so he's received the support and just stuck two fingers up to it. You'll have to forgive some fans if their willingness to support him is wearing thin. Couple that with poor performances and not looking like he can be arsed, I can understand some boos.

If he reads FT you cannot blame him for not wishing to go near any Foxes fans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If he reads FT you cannot blame him for not wishing to go near any Foxes fans.

Well if that's the case it shows what kind of person he is. In reality a small group of fans are online talking about his performances, and a small group are booing him at games. Instead of knuckling down to prove them wrong, instead of acknowledging the other fans who don't boo him and maybe try and win the booing ones over, he's swanning off down the tunnel and playing like he doesn't give a ****.

He's been shit since he came here, and has a lot to do on that side of things to win fans over, I don't think a bad attitude is really going to improve the situation.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not saying he should be booed, I'm saying you expect the fans to respect and acknowledge his effort (not that he seems to put much in), but he has never acknowledged their support. Respect works both ways. You expect the fans to unconditionally respect the players, but you don't care if the players return that. I'm not arguing for booing, I'm arguing against your notion that players should be respected regardless. When I go to a game i cheer all our players and clap them at the end, and they all come to the crowd and acknowledge that support. I have never seen Vestergaard do thet, so he's received the support and just stuck two fingers up to it. You'll have to forgive some fans if their willingness to support him is wearing thin. Couple that with poor performances and not looking like he can be arsed, I can understand some boos.

I think we will have to agree to disagree..

I’m not saying I expect fans to acknowledge effort, just don’t boo.

You question his effort in the game, I do t see lack of effort. Quality yes, but no lack  of effort. 

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

I think we will have to agree to disagree..

I’m not saying I expect fans to acknowledge effort, just don’t boo.

You question his effort in the game, I do t see lack of effort. Quality yes, but no lack  of effort. 

Nobody should he booed. I don't think he should be booed, but I also think he shouldn't walk down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans. You seem to think the fans can't boo, but he can walk off. Imo if you accept the walking off you accept the booing, if you oppose the booing you oppose the walking off.

And if you haven't seen a lack of effort you obviously haven't been watching properly.

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

He got booed entering the field of play against West Ham and got booed when the teams were announce against Randers, before he’d even stepped foot on the pitch. Don’t blame him at all for not acknowledging the fans, he’s getting booed regardless of what he does, imagine it’s quite a toxic environment for him 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Nobody should he booed. I don't think he should be booed, but I also think he shouldn't walk down the tunnel without acknowledging the fans. You seem to think the fans can't boo, but he can walk off. Imo if you accept the walking off you accept the booing, if you oppose the booing you oppose the walking off.

And if you haven't seen a lack of effort you obviously haven't been watching properly.

I go to every home game, and most away games. I don’t see what you see, but won’t be an arse about it as you have been. 

life’s about opinions and different perspectives.

I see a player that doesn’t have the quality to suit our needs, and one devoid of confidence. I’d love to hear you view on how you calculate lack of effort, or why a player would not want ti put “effort” in a stadium where the majority have just boos him onto the pitch.