Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

39 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Booing your own player is never acceptable, boo the collective but to boo him alone is stupid. Regardless he's not good enough to play here. Will never play better with booing though lol

I don’t boo players (maybe opposing ones tbf if they shithouse). However, you are never going to be able to stop every  supporter in a stadium that has 30k home fans in it from booing a player out of form and who hasn’t yet positively influenced his team since he’s arrived. Only takes 50 or so to make a noise at a quieter time (e.g. during a substitution) for it to be easily audible. He has to just get on with it and turn it around with his performances. Not sure Vesty can tho, feel sorry for him really. Not suited at all to the style of play. Bad buy for the club and a bad move for the player. As soon as Fofana is back he’ll be off the bench and in the stands. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I don’t boo players (maybe opposing ones tbf if they shithouse). However, you are never going to be able to stop every  supporter in a stadium that has 30k home fans in it from booing a player out of form and who hasn’t yet positively influenced his team since he’s arrived. Only takes 50 or so to make a noise at a quieter time (e.g. during a substitution) for it to be easily audible. He has to just get on with it and turn it around with his performances. Not sure Vesty can tho, feel sorry for him really. Not suited at all to the style of play. Bad buy for the club and a bad move for the player. As soon as Fofana is back he’ll be off the bench and in the stands. 

I agree with you completely mate. A Match made in the lowest points of hell. And everyone could see it beside Rodgers lol

• Haha 1

https://www.squawka.com/en/comparison-matrix/

Vestergaard has played 564 minutes in premier league this season and we have conceded 16 goals (a goal conceded every 35.25 minutes)

We have played 1416 minutes without Vestergaard in the premier league and we have conceded 25 goals (a goal conceded every 56.64 minutes)

Surely he has to go down as the worst premier league signing ever.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't rate him....

But it's hard to blame him for the fact we've only won 1 in 6 in all comps, when 1 of only 2 games he even started we actually won.

I've said it once, twice and I'll say it again, stop looking for 'Scapegoats' to blame, when it's obvious, that Rodgers is to blame.

The extent some are willing to go to 'Shield' Rodgers is bizarre.

We're criticising a player for poor results, when he hasn't even played in those games.

The funny thing is we were 2-1 up when people decided that booing a player onto the pitch was a good idea.

I almost feel sorry for him.

He is the worst signing we’ve ever made I think. Not only is he awful, but the £15m we wasted on him has meant that we couldn’t bring in anyone else (even on loan) in January. 

Nat Phillips has ended up at Bournemouth but I’d have gladly had him here until the end of the season. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

The funny thing is we were 2-1 up when people decided that booing a player onto the pitch was a good idea.

I almost feel sorry for him.

He is the worst signing we’ve ever made I think. Not only is he awful, but the £15m we wasted on him has meant that we couldn’t bring in anyone else (even on loan) in January. 

Nat Phillips has ended up at Bournemouth but I’d have gladly had him here until the end of the season. 

Our patchy form ,and that is what it is, started long before Vestergaard and long before Fofana and Evans were injured. If he never plays for us again that is unlikely to change. I think the real reason is the opposition have largely worked us out. They respect our skill but know our physical and aerial limitations and of course they will exploit that. We have been blinded by our occasional bursts of excellent attacking play but there is more to football than that. The fear of Vardy has aided us greatly for six years now but that is coming to an end. Its time for a readjustment. I seriously doubt if there would be much of a bounce with a new manager , there are deeper issues to attend to and that will take time. We certainly could have done better than the big fellow but he is not responsible for our indifferent form.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 23:10, shiv said:

Shouldn’t boo your own players before they’ve even kicked a ball. Got into an argument with a lad behind me a few years back for doing the same thing to Kelechi. Our fans are morons at times. 

...was that not for the substitution, bringing off Youri, as opposed to the actual man coming on!!!

On 14/02/2022 at 10:38, teblin said:

Really didn’t work out yesterday, but I’m not happy with the booing when someone comes on and on the ball.

ok he’s been poor and seems a bit of a waste of money. But not many people in this world will be motivated to do better with negativity from your own fans.

Even though it didn't look like it I think the booing was aimed at Rodgers and the decision to bring him on target than Vestergaard himself.

Still not great though. However playing Vestergaard is goals conceded guaranteed so the fear is understandable when he is warming up.

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Even though it didn't look like it I think the booing was aimed at Rodgers and the decision to bring him on target than Vestergaard himself.

Still not great though. However playing Vestergaard is goals conceded guaranteed so the fear is understandable when he is warming up.

....the radio Leicester commentator said to Matt Piper, "...Vestergaard is warming up", Piper replied " ..let's hope it is because he is cold, and not coming on".

It was a big cause of concern to supporters, you wonder what the other players were thinking in that moment!!

13 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Even if they are boing the decision they are still indirectly booing vestergaard too.

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

Even if they are boing the decision they are still indirectly booing vestergaard too.

True, we'd have no issue if we were bringing on a prime Wes Morgan or Rob Huth or Jonny Evans as we'd feel confident in their ability to defend a cross.

The solution is most likely to just bring off a midfielder or attacked but not bring anyone on.  Better to go down to 10 men than bring on Vestergaard?

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the radio Leicester commentator said to Matt Piper, "...Vestergaard is warming up", Piper replied " ..let's hope it is because he is cold, and not coming on".

It was a big cause of concern to supporters, you wonder what the other players were thinking in that moment!!

lol

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

Plenty of people absolutely crucifying him on Sunday, for a goal that he 100 percent wasn't to blame for.

Its a lot quiter on here after a very decent performance both on the ball and defensively. 

I do obviously realise the opposition was very limited. But I'm one of those old school football fans that actually gets behind his clubs players and wants them to succeed. 

Hopefully he can kick on from it. 

He was partly at fault for their goal today.

Decent passing today and won a couple of headers but he should still be nowhere near our first team.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

Plenty of people absolutely crucifying him on Sunday, for a goal that he 100 percent wasn't to blame for.

Its a lot quiter on here after a very decent performance both on the ball and defensively. 

I do obviously realise the opposition was very limited. But I'm one of those old school football fans that actually gets behind his clubs players and wants them to succeed. 

Hopefully he can kick on from it. 

Agreed , credit were is credits due.  He was good tonight.   obviously his lack of pace was not exposed but had a decent night   

• Like 1