Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

1 hour ago, Ian Nacho said:

However much people don’t rate him, I do not agree with people boo’ing him when he comes on. The mans probably already short of confidence so boo’ing him certainly isn’t going to do him any favours. 

Totally spot on here, booing does no favours for anyone. As other Leic plays stayed past final whistle, he just walked straight off more or less.

1 hour ago, Southener said:

Saints fan coming in peace, but we celebrated when he left. Just couldn't understand the press love in with him the season he went. His positive was that he could do an excellent cross field pass, but we'd have preferred a 6'7" CB to defend :-)

He can’t even do that. Kicked ball out of touch with his one and only attempt today. The day we paid your lot £15m was the day that I truly understood the term “daylight robbery”. 

1 minute ago, Pinfox said:

Totally spot on here, booing does no favours for anyone. As other Leic plays stayed past final whistle, he just walked straight off more or less.

Yeah and hopefully that’s where he stays!!!!! He should NOT be getting any minutes. He’s a walking nightmare, when is Rodgers gonna acknowledge this. Don’t put him on, he’s utter dross!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Southener said:

Saints fan coming in peace, but we celebrated when he left. Just couldn't understand the press love in with him the season he went. His positive was that he could do an excellent cross field pass, but we'd have preferred a 6'7" CB to defend :-)

£15m, it must have been your maguire moment 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Southener said:

Truly a shocking player. You certainly took revenge on us for that 9-0 defeat.

2 hours ago, Southener said:

So excellent today it went straight out of play :rolleyes:

Almost feel for him at this point. He's so obviously out of his depth but it wasn't he himself who did the deal, going over our largely impressive recruitment team in the process, nor does he bring himself on the manager succumbs to the pressure like usual.

It's a Ghezzal like situation.

Was he directly at fault for the goal? No.

But I 100% understand the booing of a negative substitution. Which I do believe led to the goal. Tielemans had been doing well in holding up the play and controlling the game. Take him off and they got more space and the corner.

Fed up of these crap substitutions.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 21:15, Blue ROI said:

I'm beginning to despise Villareal over this whole fiasco.

This is the Rodger's narrative - i.e the poor performances are not down to him and are down to the loss of a 20 year old  - yet surely Brendan wanted a small squad, surely Brendan approved the Southampton two, surely it is Brendan  who decided to make a defensive substitution, taking off a player doing well and replacing him with vestergaard... and transmitting anxiety to the team? Surely it is brendan who refues to sort out the set piece defending?  Surely it is bredan who fails to communicate with the squad and then throws them under a bus....

Or is it just that he's been a tad unlucky over injuries?

Time for leadership from Top.

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RowlattsFox said:

His inability to jump is astonishing. I put it down to the fact he's always been bigger than everyone else growing up so he never needed too. Got no spring or strength at all. 

Some truth in that.

People I know of a similar height go through life bending as conscious.

V tall keepers is often an advantage but outfield rarely 

17 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

He should have known this was going to happen.

Reading SaintsWeb forum when Brendan was first interested in him in 2020 the fans there were the same and giving him the same stick and when we signed him he couldn't wait to to get out.

But in anything if your not up for it you will get found out 

Yes, he used to get stick from us, and I for one offered to pay the taxi fare to you, but reading the vitriol on here towards him he may actually feel a bit of love compared to what you're all throwing at him. I certainly don't recall booing our own players BEFORE they come on - or are you Pompey fans in disguise LOL

8 minutes ago, Southener said:

Yes, he used to get stick from us, and I for one offered to pay the taxi fare to you, but reading the vitriol on here towards him he may actually feel a bit of love compared to what you're all throwing at him. I certainly don't recall booing our own players BEFORE they come on - or are you Pompey fans in disguise LOL

I think it was aimed more at the manager rather than Vestergaard, completely unnecessary substitution. 

• Like 1

On 13/08/2021 at 17:17, Tielemans63 said:

I’ve bumped this so those of you (20) who liked or (3) thanked the original post can undo it and pretend it never happened. 😂 

Joking apart, only just watched the Dawson goal again as I was at the match and couldn’t bring myself to watch MOTD2. Vesty was being pinned on the line by Antonio as the corner was coming in. If he had been more aggressive he could’ve either broken free from the hold or caused a ruckus that would’ve at least meant the ref would’ve had to come and have a chat with both of them. He didn’t, got delayed and couldn’t get out to Dawson in time. Good bit of shithousing (fouling) by Antonio but Vesty was way too soft. After that it was simple for Dawson to handball it into the net relatively unchallenged.