Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

1 minute ago, turkish14 said:

I go to every home game, and most away games. I don’t see what you see, but won’t be an arse about it as you have been. 

life’s about opinions and different perspectives.

I see a player that doesn’t have the quality to suit our needs, and one devoid of confidence. I’d love to hear you view on how you calculate lack of effort, or why a player would not want ti put “effort” in a stadium where the majority have just boos him onto the pitch. 

He runs down the tunnel quicker than he tries to get back into position lol

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He got booed entering the field of play against West Ham and got booed when the teams were announce against Randers, before he’d even stepped foot on the pitch. Don’t blame him at all for not acknowledging the fans, he’s getting booed regardless of what he does, imagine it’s quite a toxic environment for him 

Chicken than egg scenario though isn't it. Imo a toxic relationship has been created with a section of the fanbase, and I think that's started with this perception he doesn't respect or acknowledge the supporters, and that has grown into them booing him not just because they don't want him in the team based on quality, but also they don't particularly like him. I don't think he running off down the tunnel because he's getting booed, I think he's getting booed because he running off at the end of games.

Anyway @turkish14 we are getting away from the original point as you've pick up on the effort comment.

If you think he shouldn't be booed I think you also have to accept the fact he shouldn't run off down the tunnel after every game. The fans don't have to chant his name, and he doesn't have to go walk round the whole pitch clapping everyone. But he should stay out and acknowledge the support and the fans should acknowledge whatever level of effort he put in. I don't think you can accept his disrespect but chastise the fans for theirs. So I think you either accept both disrespectful acts or condemn them both, not one or the other. I've been consistent, neither should be happening, but one has grown from the other and only one person has the power to change the situation.

Edited by Facecloth

5 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

He got booed entering the field of play against West Ham and got booed when the teams were announce against Randers, before he’d even stepped foot on the pitch. Don’t blame him at all for not acknowledging the fans, he’s getting booed regardless of what he does, imagine it’s quite a toxic environment for him 

....he is a seasoned professional, he needs to get hold of the defence and organise it!!!

You cannot have played for your country or in one of the best league in the world, and not know how to defend and organise people around you. The available CBs are looking for leadership and he needs to be the one to provide it.

If he takes the role on to effectively organise the backline then he can minimise his own shortcomings as we would then, be playing to his strengths.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, turkish14 said:

I think we will have to agree to disagree..

I’m not saying I expect fans to acknowledge effort, just don’t boo.

You question his effort in the game, I do t see lack of effort. Quality yes, but no lack  of effort. 

He hardly lifts himself off the ground for aerial duels. That’s the effort I want to see 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FLAN said:

He hardly lifts himself off the ground for aerial duels. That’s the effort I want to see 

Totally agree.

I watched back the Spurs game, I'm a glutton for punishment. In particular the chance Albrighton clears off the line and third goal, he clearly making little effort. For the chance he's the furthest defender back when the ball is played through, probably 20 yards further back than Soyuncu, and has about 10 yards on Albrighton and Choudhury. Now those three are already running back whilst he facing play, so he has to turn, but still Soyuncu gets back into the box, Albrighton and Choudhury to the goal line. Vestergaard barely covers 10 yards to the edge of the box. For the winning goal Soyuncu is busting a gut chasing Bergwijn, Vestergaard and Choudhury are jogging back assessing the situation, Choudhury is the far side of the goal. As soon as it becomes clear there's a real danger Choudhury breaks into a sprint, Vestergaard continues at a leisurely jog. That's just two example from one game of his lack of effort.

• Like 2

Craig Dawson joined the Hammers for £2 million and has been very sound defensively and formidable in the air at set pieces. However if we had gone in for him the vast majority on here would have said "not good enough for a team chasing top six". There are too many of these "not good enough " write offs.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Craig Dawson joined the Hammers for £2 million and has been very sound defensively and formidable in the air at set pieces. However if we had gone in for him the vast majority on here would have said "not good enough for a team chasing top six". There are too many of these "not good enough " write offs.

.. that may have been the response on the forum, but we do not make the decision to buy or not to buy!!!

We do not influence club decisions, only unless we take our opinions and manifest them vocally at the ground. 

31 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. that may have been the response on the forum, but we do not make the decision to buy or not to buy!!!

We do not influence club decisions, only unless we take our opinions and manifest them vocally at the ground. 

That of course is true but there has been too much wasted money and its time to draw a line in the sand and say no more. We are not Real Madrid who can buy a flop like Hazard and just write it off. The reason we are in position where we are very limited in the transfer market is buying players in the hope they will come good . Taking a punt on players is not the way to go.

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

That of course is true but there has been too much wasted money and its time to draw a line in the sand and say no more. We are not Real Madrid who can buy a flop like Hazard and just write it off. The reason we are in position where we are very limited in the transfer market is buying players in the hope they will come good . Taking a punt on players is not the way to go.

....i understand where you are coming from and we so far have made very successful forays into the market!!!

Vestergaard was not a punt, he had been tracked for some time and we made the decision to bring him in once Fofana was injured.

I really don’t understand why anyone boos our own players. So counter productive.

Whether we were tracking him a while ago or not, Kasper would no doubt have influenced

the decision to buy him. 
He has obviously struggled, last Sunday’s ‘welcome’ & Thursday’s reaction to him starting are not helping. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Credit where credit is due. 

Put his body on the line tonight and maybe just maybe could turn out to be a cut hero.

Jimmy Willis has a nightmare start to his leicester career and turned out to be a fans favourite so strange things happen in football.

I have a feeling this is the start for him.

Take a bow son.

Hope you're right for the benefit of everyone.

Unfortunately I don't see him being good enough for us if we are to be a top 8 PL team. Hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Blue Fox 72

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Credit where credit is due. 

Put his body on the line tonight and maybe just maybe could turn out to be a cut hero.

Jimmy Willis has a nightmare start to his leicester career and turned out to be a fans favourite so strange things happen in football.

I have a feeling this is the start for him.

Take a bow son.

Fair play,and I’m really pleased for him .He stood up and performed outstandingly when he was on.