Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

2 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Anyone notice his pathetic attempt to challenge for a header in their box in second half. Looked like he was falling over 

No didn’t notice that but noticed all the good work he did tonight and YES HE WAS VERY GOOD. why do fans find fault with everything!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Found his level tonight.

Although there was a lovely ball over the top for Lookman in the first half, don't know where that came from.

He had a decent game but let's not queue up to suck him off

Pretty much this. Any footballer will have his day and with these lot it was more his level to shine.

Even though i am not a fan i have to give credit where due.  He did well tonight.:appl:

He did well tonight but as others have said, Randers are not the best opposition.

I feel for Vestergaard in a way. He's not the right fit for us really, and he's thrown under the bus a bit by being asked to defend high, usually against opponents quicker than him. Think he'd be much more suited in a side like Burnley. That said he earns more in a month than a lot of us earn in a year so it certainly reduces the sympathy levels somewhat. Just an ill judged purchase.

• Like 1

Hopefully he can build his confidence with that performance. I knew he could ping a few balls but I was surprised how consistent he was with his passing. We need that passing ability at the back and I hope he can bring this level of performance to most of the games for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ricey said:

It wasn’t his fault that Albrighton slipped but his reaction should have been to show him down the line. Instead he trundled over and stopped a yard away with his legs together, making it dead easy for the winger to look up and pick out a man.

Soyuncu and Ndidi are more to blame but Vestergaard should be stopping that at source.

Exactly my reading of the situation. He made no effort to prevent the cross. Yes his performance was improved but he wasn't under any pressure at any point during the game. 

• Like 1

It was against a side not at the level of premier league teams, however he did well. Looked sharper, more determined and actually jumped for headers.

One thing with him is that he seems more than decent on the ball and can play good passes through the lines, so against team like to today hes good to have in there. His passing and footballing ability is probably why he was signed. Needs to defend a lot better than we have seen though, thats for sure.

Not getting carried away, but I want every player we sign to do well. Long way to go but solid enough tonight.

• Like 1

Said in the main thread that I thought I saw him do something like a cruyff turn at one point. Near the end we were shouting shoot when he got the ball. 

Played what was in front of him well. Not going to get over excited. Still seemed a little slow to track back and prem teams will lap that up. But happy he had a good game and looked up for it.

Was pleasantly surprised by the amount of cheers in SK1 when his name was read out and even a quick rendition of a song during the first half.

The situation reminds me a bit of the Everton game when Nacho was booed onto the pitch then scored the winner and became a club hero - started working harder, had a smile on his face and goals came.  What Vesty probably needs to do is deposit a couple of opposition forwards (preferably big names) into the stands, hear the roar of the Kop and he will start enjoying his football more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CUJimmy said:

Was pleasantly surprised by the amount of cheers in SK1 when his name was read out and even a quick rendition of a song during the first half.

The situation reminds me a bit of the Everton game when Nacho was booed onto the pitch then scored the winner and became a club hero - started working harder, had a smile on his face and goals came.  What Vesty probably needs to do is deposit a couple of opposition forwards (preferably big names) into the stands, hear the roar of the Kop and he will start enjoying his football more.

I remember Gerry Taggart getting booed lots during his first season. Seemed to be a real figure of hate and made a fair few mistakes.

Doubt that's what will happen here but would be nice if he came good.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

And if he hadn't closed his legs, there could have potentially be an option to play the ball through his legs, in which case, you'd be criticising him for NOT closing his legs. The way I see it, this is the pass Vestergaard anticipated could happen and so he closed his legs. He's closing the gap on the player on the ball, he can't be doing that and watching the runners behind him at the same time. I swear some people expect footballers to be psychic sometimes.

It seems like Vestergaard has become a player who will be criticised no matter what he does. He had arguably his best game in a Leicester shirt last night, but all you seem to want to focus on is the one negative moment

If that negative moment was the contributing factor in conceding a goal then I think it's fair game to mention it.

By closing his legs he's stopped the nutmeg but made it easy to pass around him and made it harder for himself to change shape or try to intercept.

I think the body shape isn't the problem as such, it's the fact he didn't show him down the line or get closer to him to try and block off the passing lane. Instead he did something he often does which is do neither thing and get stuck in no-mans land.

It was a much improved performance and his passing was good, so credit where credit is due, but until he does that against better opposition I won't be changing my mind on him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It was the kind of game that played to his strengths, and disguised his weaknesses. Unfortunately I don't think there will many of these types of games in the Premier League.

In fairness to him, he’s not new to this league and he wasn’t this bad for southampton.  He is capable of much better performances than we’ve had, even if he still is miles off what we need