Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

Vestergaard signs

1 minute ago, The whole world smiles said:

How was he? 

That was the first mistake.  He should have shown the player down the line.  Even children are taught that.

But the real culprit was Soyuncu who never picked up the player coming into the box. Instead he was left marking nobody and so the player scored.

• Haha 1

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Vestergod for me tonight. Harsh to blame him for their goal. Played well, passed the ball well, won lots in the air. Shame he doesn’t join his teammates doing a lap and applaud the fans at the end tho - Vestergone! 

Would you if you were him ?? I certainly wouldn't. 

Solid game tonight and it's a shame the rest of his game isn't as good as his passing. his distribution is definitely one of his strengths. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Plenty of people absolutely crucifying him on Sunday, for a goal that he 100 percent wasn't to blame for.

Its a lot quiter on here after a very decent performance both on the ball and defensively. 

I do obviously realise the opposition was very limited. But I'm one of those old school football fans that actually gets behind his clubs players and wants them to succeed. 

Hopefully he can kick on from it. 

Er, you sound confused that fans criticize him when he's doggo and less so when he's decent...

Perhaps if he became consistently decent (even good), you won't have to bemoan fans criticizing him. :scarf:

5 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Er, you sound confused that fans criticize him when he's doggo and less so when he's decent...

Perhaps if he became consistently decent (even good), you won't have to bemoan fans criticizing him. :scarf:

Justified criticism is fine and boy have some of his performances justified criticism! 

But I'm not a fan of booing him onto the pitch, posting that you hate him, calling him a cunnt and piling on him for goal at the weekend that simply wasn't his fault. I find that kind of stuff a bit toxic but that's just me. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Would you if you were him ?? I certainly wouldn't. 

Solid game tonight and it's a shame the rest of his game isn't as good as his passing. his distribution is definitely one of his strengths. 

Yeh I would. He got a good reception tonight. He played well and he should celebrate with the team and the fans of the club he’s very well paid by at the end.

You've got to stop the ball coming in. He seemed more concerned about getting megged and skinned. It wasn't exactly a thorough test for our defence tonight, fair play if you want to support a particular player especially when they're new and trying their best. Just I'm still a long way from having confidence in Vesty.

Just now, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I would. He got a good reception tonight. He played well and he should celebrate with the team and the fans of the club he’s very well paid by at the end.

He got booed when his name was read out at the start! 

I don't blame him for feeling hard done by a little to be honest. And yeah he is paid by us but not his fault he is paid what he is and it doesn't mean he should have to with stand abuse.

• Like 1

What I would say is that he doesn’t do himself any favours with the fans. Walks straight down the tunnel after every game without even properly acknowledging the fans. We’ve had suspect centre half’s in the past, Benaloune to name one, whose defensive ability was somewhat questionable at times but had a great rapport with the fans so he was cut some slack, even to the point where he became a cult hero. 

Edited by Ian Nacho
  • Like 2

Agree with all that he did well tonight, however not to sound too cliché but the team he faced is very much league 1 standard. Not much going forward and he barely had any pacey strikers to deal with. Maybe he's found his level. Not to take anything away from him however for tonights performance not bad at all. Proof in the pudding will be against Wolves if he has to start. 

6 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Justified criticism is fine and boy have some of his performances justified criticism! 

But I'm not a fan of booing him onto the pitch, posting that you hate him, calling him a cunnt and piling on him for goal at the weekend that simply wasn't his fault. I find that kind of stuff a bit toxic but that's just me. 

I was with you until the bit about the goal at the weekend

Played well, and won a lot of headers.

Problem is when we play a high line and he doesn't have the pace to get back. 

Ndidi and Albrighton left him exposed on the goal, although he could have got tighter to their attacker. 

We need an effective screener in front of the defence, especially when Vestergaard plays. I would like to see Mendy there. 

6 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Love Vesty. What a guy

He seems a very level-headed, smart and likeable guy off the pitch. 

He gave a lengthy in-depth interview to German SkySports shortly after he joined us, talked about the entire Eriksen situation, how he's already bought himself a place in Copenhagen for when he retires etc.

Just now, goose2010 said:

He got booed when his name was read out at the start! 

I don't blame him for feeling hard done by a little to be honest. And yeah he is paid by us but not his fault he is paid what he is and it doesn't mean he should have to with stand abuse.

Wasn’t audible where I was sat. He got cheered a number of times tonight. Rightly so, he played well. If you a highly paid sportsman you should acknowledge the vast majority of fans there that didn’t boo their team and have paid to support their club whatever. Not even Ronaldo can get away with it without being criticised. TBF In saying all that - The only fact is he walked straight off pitch, we don’t know why he does that, you are just assuming why. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I think most of the criticisms have been justified..

But cannot justify the looney element among our fanbase.

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Not for me. 

Albrighton slips, he has to come over to cover.

More fault that no one covered the player in the box to mark or block the shot. 

Harsh to blame Vestergaard for the goal, even partly. 

It wasn’t his fault that Albrighton slipped but his reaction should have been to show him down the line. Instead he trundled over and stopped a yard away with his legs together, making it dead easy for the winger to look up and pick out a man.

Soyuncu and Ndidi are more to blame but Vestergaard should be stopping that at source.

• Like 2