Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Levi Colwill - possible loan?

6 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What's the difference between Levi and Lewis Brunt, aren't they both defenders?

Experience, Levi has 20 games under his belt with a team currently 7th in the Championship, playing the whole 90 mins in all but one game.

Brunt has played one game in the FA Cup

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, kingfox said:

“It’s just about profile in terms of how we play, what our team is about. It’s about keeping a high line, so you need that recovery speed. It’s more that type of profile I’m looking for.

“We’ve got experienced players around the squad now, so it’s just someone who can come in and give us that balance, support the players we have here, and that for me in the main is someone who is quick on the recovery, but who can defend.”

That’s what Rodgers said last week, Colwill fits that bill.

But it makes me wonder, if that is what Rodgers looks for in a defender, why the fvck did we sign Jannik Vestergaard :blink:

The Vestergaard signing is so peculiar. The Bennett one I can almost accept as it was last minute and very short term but Jannick we made an attempt to sign in January 2020 and then again 18 months later, he's so u suitable for our way of playing. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turlo said:

Little Wes had experienced defenders alongside him like Evans and Fuchs when he first came into the team, which would've helped him no end during the first few months. We don't have that stability at the back at the minute with Evans out and Cags form all over the place. 

....you have to say that Soyuncu is a proactive defender, he likes to anticipate to win the ball, with Evans beside him he knows he has cover and Evans is aware of what Soyuncu will do!!!

With Vestergaard, no  pace and high backline, Soyuncu is going to be in two minds, and having to adjust the way he plays over and over again throughout the game. We are not going to get the best out of both these players, when we are compromising both their games.

Soyuncu is a very good player, he needs to gain back that stability and understanding, seeing him sold as some failure, is a short sighted attempt to resolve this situation we have found ourselves.

Unless Soyuncu has become disillusioned with what has happened here, we should not be looking to end his term here.

• Like 4

Think I'm warming to the idea now, acouple of reasons would be,

1. If we get him this month we probably have him next season aswell, unlikely Chelsea want him in the 1st team next season as he's still a teenager 

2. If he's a success here he might want to make it a permanent move here as talented youngsters find they don't get enough game time with the bigger clubs 

3. If we don't get him another club like Southampton or Leeds will go after him and we will regret it when he becomes a success 

4. Chelsea produce great academy players compared to the overated average players they buy 

5. Useful for Leicester to be friendly with Chelsea as they have bags of cash and if Tielemans does go to a London club, rather see him at a mega club with that has been built with no financial morals  like Chelsea than going to a similar club to us like Arsenal

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

The Vestergaard signing is so peculiar. The Bennett one I can almost accept as it was last minute and very short term but Jannick we made an attempt to sign in January 2020 and then again 18 months later, he's so u suitable for our way of playing. 

I have the feeling that we lacked a little height and, im sure Rodgers even referred to this at some point. 

I think if we hadn't had injuries at all, vestergaard might have still been signed as a "protect against the route 1 ball in the last 20 minutes" regular substitute. Albeit only as a luxury if we have spare cash and had covered everything else.

We then lost Fof after spending most of our budget on other areas. Fof being the best in the air. I think we just went for cheapish and good in the air, vestergaard being already on the recruitment list. We didn't really have time for scouting and researching others.

He definitely doesn't suit our style, he's not built to be a highline centre back and it's obvious, and I'm sure you have a list of a half dozen CBs who would have been a better fit.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ts_1010 said:

I have the feeling that we lacked a little height and, im sure Rodgers even referred to this at some point. 

I think if we hadn't had injuries at all, vestergaard might have still been signed as a "protect against the route 1 ball in the last 20 minutes" regular substitute. Albeit only as a luxury if we have spare cash and had covered everything else.

We then lost Fof after spending most of our budget on other areas. Fof being the best in the air. I think we just went for cheapish and good in the air, vestergaard being already on the recruitment list. We didn't really have time for scouting and researching others.

He definitely doesn't suit our style, he's not built to be a highline centre back and it's obvious, and I'm sure you have a list of a half dozen CBs who would have been a better fit.

Problem is, Vestergaard is actually crap in the air for his height. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I’d be overjoyed with a dragovic style loan right now. Even a Molla wague would do me. Maybe vitor fancies another loan

I know he supports them, but Aleksandar Dragović playing for Fk Crvena zvezda at the age of 30 baffles me. Whilst we didn't get to see the best of him in his sporadic appearances for us, he is better than the Linglong Tire SuperLiga (great name for their top flight).

I quite liked Miguel Vítor too, one of Paulo Sousa's better signings! Only 32 years old and playing in the Israeli top flight, gerrim back lol

Molla Wague signed for Seraing in the Belgian top flight last week, so that dream has ended :(

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito said:

I know he supports them, but Aleksandar Dragović playing for Fk Crvena zvezda at the age of 30 baffles me. Whilst we didn't get to see the best of him in his sporadic appearances for us, he is better than the Linglong Tire SuperLiga (great name for their top flight).

I quite liked Miguel Vítor too, one of Paulo Sousa's better signings! Only 32 years old and playing in the Israeli top flight, gerrim back lol

Molla Wague signed for Seraing in the Belgian top flight last week, so that dream has ended :(

Lets just sign all 3, maybe 1 will still be standing by the 17th rescheduled game against burnley 

P.S Thanks for the update on all 3 !

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

“It’s just about profile in terms of how we play, what our team is about. It’s about keeping a high line, so you need that recovery speed. It’s more that type of profile I’m looking for.

“We’ve got experienced players around the squad now, so it’s just someone who can come in and give us that balance, support the players we have here, and that for me in the main is someone who is quick on the recovery, but who can defend.”

That’s what Rodgers said last week, Colwill fits that bill.

But it makes me wonder, if that is what Rodgers looks for in a defender, why the fvck did we sign Jannik Vestergaard :blink:

Part of the LCFC buddy system. 

Under for Soy. Praet and Timmy for Youri.   Kel for Ndidi.  Poor old kasper has been here forever without a friend.  

Jamie Vardy ... Oh, Danish Friends! - YouTube

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Think this sort of enquiry should tell you how much money is available...

Indeed, half made me think the Liam Moore speculation on here could have substance.

Edited by teblin

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

You're almost certainly right that there's fuch all money available, but we're going to have to be a bit creative anyway with the squad being full.

4 minutes ago, Staff said:

I'm guessing people are missing the part where he can't be recalled from his loan at Huddersfield. Close this thread 😂

There's been many occasions where the parent club has provided financial compensation to recall a player. We could pay that to Chelsea as a loan fee etc. It does happen. I think Colwill is better suited playing every game for Huddersfield though, as opposed to not being guaranteed a start and also an increased likelihood of injuries. Stay put kid 😂

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Fair point, and the lack of activity would suggest we are being cautious about where we spend it too.

Are you suggesting you know how much money is available/what we're likely to land, or just speculating on what we all assume is the case?

7 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

or how well run the club is by not spunking money on a more experienced CB just for the sake of it even though its not the name we actually want, especially if that name might be available in the summer at a reduced fee?
What ever we spend now effects the spend in summer when there is a bigger pool to choose from, as hard as it is for us as fans to not see someone coming in it does make perfect sense to keep an eye on the cloth & try & get more bang for us buck.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 2

A top half championship defender would be perfect for that injury cover we need. They might not be perfect but they don’t have to adjust to the country, they don’t have to get rid of years of rust from sitting on a bench and most importantly they’ve got it all to prove. 

that’s why Liverpool signing Davies from Preston made sense, even if they never had to use him.  (Luckily they had strong youth in that area) 

It’s not one that will lead to a signing and could help chelsea down the road but we simply need a player to get us through to the summer where we can properly regroup. 

• Like 1