Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

5 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Listen I think when all is said and done, the dust settles. We've taken a deep breath and weathered the storm. We can all agree that we hope the absolute worse for his career. I'm talking playing for Bestikas at age 26 bad.

He'll be calling Dele Alli his captain

He may go on to be an absolute star at chelsea.. Can’t help think though in his time with us that he’s not actually been as brilliant as some make out..BR especially…

Got rinsed by Martinelli against Arsenal..

Couple times last season he would leave the defensive line in a bid to go win the ball and the space left would be exploited..

And I’m not certain he was actually that dominant in the air…

It’s a few years since I’ve had a sports / football medical, however it covers many things. 

1. VO2 Max / Aerobic fitness

2. Precious injuries

3. Running / Gait analysis to asses long term potential injury situations. 

4. Body fat %

5. Flexibility / mobility

6. Speed / acceleration tests

7. Agility testing / 505 testing

8. Medication 

9. Body measurements etc

10. Heart conditioning

You get a report at the end that summarises the doctors findings, then advisable notices like a vehicle MOT basically. 

Players haven’t completed transfer because of Medicals. 

Van Nistelrooy I believe didn’t come out great before he signed for Man U, however he didn’t do too bad. 

Arshavin heart didn’t join Arsenal, as his first one showed a heart condition.

Chelsea opted not to sign Arnautovic, after he had a damaged foot. 

Loic Remy didn’t get his Liverpool move due to a heart condition.

It happens, however it’ll be because Chelsea pulled the plug. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rigga said:

He may go on to be an absolute star at chelsea.. Can’t help think though in his time with us that he’s not actually been as brilliant as some make out..BR especially…

Got rinsed by Martinelli against Arsenal..

Couple times last season he would leave the defensive line in a bid to go win the ball and the space left would be exploited..

And I’m not certain he was actually that dominant in the air…

I love the fact that the posts are now turning to "he wasn't that good anyway". Feels like we're moving on with being able to cope with him going. 

The five stages of grief are denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance and are are a part of the framework that makes up our learning to live with the one we lost.

We went through denial as we didn't actually think we'd sell him this Sunmer so recently after signing the new contract.

We've gone through anger at the little p**k forcing this transfer. 

I think we're now at bargaining, where we are reassessing what we are losing and making out he's not that good anyway...

Maybe we'll get to depression when we find ourselves at the bottom of the table with him not playing?? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

If he fails his medical and remains with us he’ll need to eat so much humble pie that he’ll be even slower than Vestergaard 

He won't and hasn't. 

Fab said hours ago it's a done deal and he's passed his medical. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s a few years since I’ve had a sports / football medical, however it covers many things. 

1. VO2 Max / Aerobic fitness

2. Precious injuries

3. Running / Gait analysis to asses long term potential injury situations. 

4. Body fat %

5. Flexibility / mobility

6. Speed / acceleration tests

7. Agility testing / 505 testing

8. Medication 

9. Body measurements etc

10. Heart conditioning

You get a report at the end that summarises the doctors findings, then advisable notices like a vehicle MOT basically. 

Players haven’t completed transfer because of Medicals. 

Van Nistelrooy I believe didn’t come out great before he signed for Man U, however he didn’t do too bad. 

Arshavin heart didn’t join Arsenal, as his first one showed a heart condition.

Chelsea opted not to sign Arnautovic, after he had a damaged foot. 

Loic Remy didn’t get his Liverpool move due to a heart condition.

It happens, however it’ll be because Chelsea pulled the plug. 

I doubt he’ll fail his medical, but if he did I reckon it would be because of this. His thigh bones are very internally rotated. Might well affect his feet, knees and back at some point in his career. 

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Think of it another way - just 40ish games yet we doubled our money on him. 

That's true however there's the fact he hasn't bothered with a full season with us. 

It just stinks to see my club treated like that. 

10 minutes ago, iancognito said:

If it's £70m + 5m for them winning the league, the final fee will be £70m

Didn't Fab himself say that he'll be the most expensive CB after the deal? Think the add ons take it beyond the Maguire deal. Bulk of the add ons will probably just be appearances. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

Didn't Fab himself say that he'll be the most expensive CB after the deal? Think the add ons take it beyond the Maguire deal. Bulk of the add ons will probably just be appearances. 

Not sure, I try and ignore the guy, he's Bullshitter In Chief on the Transfernonsensedotcom carousel but I do remember something being circulated that we'd rejected two of Chelsea's earlier bids because the add-ons were unrealistic. I took that to mean they were based on winning certain competitions.

2 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Not sure, I try and ignore the guy, he's Bullshitter In Chief on the Transfernonsensedotcom carousel but I do remember something being circulated that we'd rejected two of Chelsea's earlier bids because the add-ons were unrealistic. I took that to mean they were based on winning certain competitions.

In fairness to him, I can't remember him ever saying anything lcfc was going to happen that didn't. 

When he says something is definitely happening it pretty much always definitely happens, no? 

19 minutes ago, iancognito said:

If it's £70m + 5m for them winning the league, the final fee will be £70m

as expected, we got robbed to be honest

Chelsea did the same with Chilwell and now they got Fofana for 70 

and we were expeting 85+

another job well done from club

• Sad 1

Chelsea’s wage bill was £175m last season, assuming they sign Wes and Gvardiol, they’ll have spent about £260m this summer and there must be an extra £40m in wages for the new signings, total (very approx.) £475m.

They’re still going to be 3rd favourites, at best, to win the Prem and could conceivably finish out of top 4

Has Boehly even heard of FFP? 

3 minutes ago, Foxmeister said:

Chelsea’s wage bill was £175m last season, assuming they sign Wes and Gvardiol, they’ll have spent about £260m this summer and there must be an extra £40m in wages for the new signings, total (very approx.) £475m.

They’re still going to be 3rd favourites, at best, to win the Prem and could conceivably finish out of top 4

Has Boehly even heard of FFP? 

I believe that following the sale of a club all previous ffp amounts are disregarded and they start from zero.

One final gift from the Russian 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

In fairness to him, I can't remember him ever saying anything lcfc was going to happen that didn't. 

When he says something is definitely happening it pretty much always definitely happens, no? 

He normally does C&P from other stories when it comes to Leicester. He's another one that's spent 12 months saying Youri is "interesting" Arsenal, "on the radar" of United and "being tracked by" Liverpool and then been fairly silent at the business end of the window when it turns out none of them have even registered an interest.

If you drop your toast on the floor a dozen times, occasionally it lands butter side up, and that's old Fabrizio and his stories.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iancognito said:

He normally does C&P from other stories when it comes to Leicester. He's another one that's spent 12 months saying Youri is "interesting" Arsenal, "on the radar" of United and "being tracked by" Liverpool and then been fairly silent at the business end of the window when it turns out none of them have even registered an interest.

If you drop your toast on the floor a dozen times, occasionally it lands butter side up, and that's old Fabrizio and his stories.

Yeah but I'm making a distinction between him declaring interest and him actually saying something is happening. 

I ignore literally all rumours that say such and such club is interested or is watching a player, I mean who cares. 

But when Fab sticks his neck out and actually says something has happened like a bid has gone in, a player has agree terms, a player is having a medical or has signed - when was the last time he was wrong? Especially about us, given there's not much market for him to be pushing spurious rumours about us. He tends to only speak up when something is actually fact. 

Edited by Finnegan

9 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

and we were expeting 85+

We'll only know if we were robbed in a season or two to be fair. Would have been more interesting if another team had wanted him too. We've sold two centre backs for a total of £150m, that's tidy business in anyone's books.

13 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

and we were expeting 85+

Feels that way when you consider Chelsea are buying the RB Leipzig defender Gvardiol for 90m euros

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas