Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Wesley Fofana - He is no more - finished - forgotten.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but I'm making a distinction between him declaring interest and him actually saying something is happening. 

I ignore literally all rumours that say such and such club is interested or is watching a player, I mean who cares. 

But when Fab sticks his neck out and actually says something has happened like a bid has gone in, a player has agree terms, a player is having a medical or has signed - when was the last time he was wrong? Especially about us, given there's not much market for him to be pushing spurious rumours about us. He tends to only speak up when something is actually fact. 

Yeah and like I say, I don't pay that much attention to him because so much of what he says is just rumour. I can't comment on how accurate his final story is because by that point it's normally being picked up by Percy and all the usual tabloid hacks so they're all getting fed by the same source.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

Yeah and like I say, I don't pay that much attention to him because so much of what he says is just rumour. I can't comment on how accurate his final story is because by that point it's normally being picked up by Percy and all the usual tabloid hacks so they're all getting fed by the same source.

I find Percy still reliable about us but also slow af. 

It looks like Faes is pretty nailed on, has there been a peep out of Percy, Tanner or Dorsett? 

37 minutes ago, iancognito said:

We'll only know if we were robbed in a season or two to be fair. Would have been more interesting if another team had wanted him too. We've sold two centre backs for a total of £150m, that's tidy business in anyone's books.

I don't think we can say we've been robbed on any level, unless he can win games single handedly.

By the sounds of it he is going to be the most expensive defender, if he doesn't prove himself to be the best defender ever then we have sold well. Even if does become the best defender ever all he's doing is justifying his price tag. As long as we don't start comparing his value to the previous most expensive defender ever than we can class this as a great bit of financial business by the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tsintskaro said:

as expected, we got robbed to be honest

Chelsea did the same with Chilwell and now they got Fofana for 70 

and we were expeting 85+

another job well done from club

....the add-ons will bump the price up, but I still believe this was a big chance to get a stellar deal out of Chelsea for £90m+!!!

It seems that they have just struck a deal for a player for 93m Euros and they are prepared to leave the player at his present club and bring him in next summer. They are just throwing their money around and saw us as weak and desperate so they were reluctant to give us what we wanted.

If you are picking Cucurella up for £63m (a stand-in LB) then you know we should have held out for more.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sly said:

It’s a few years since I’ve had a sports / football medical, however it covers many things. 

1. VO2 Max / Aerobic fitness

2. Precious injuries

3. Running / Gait analysis to asses long term potential injury situations. 

4. Body fat %

5. Flexibility / mobility

6. Speed / acceleration tests

7. Agility testing / 505 testing

8. Medication 

9. Body measurements etc

10. Heart conditioning

You get a report at the end that summarises the doctors findings, then advisable notices like a vehicle MOT basically. 

Players haven’t completed transfer because of Medicals. 

Van Nistelrooy I believe didn’t come out great before he signed for Man U, however he didn’t do too bad. 

Arshavin heart didn’t join Arsenal, as his first one showed a heart condition.

Chelsea opted not to sign Arnautovic, after he had a damaged foot. 

Loic Remy didn’t get his Liverpool move due to a heart condition.

It happens, however it’ll be because Chelsea pulled the plug. 

Thanks for the informative post.

I suppose a lot of the times some things get flagged and the transfer goes through anyway because the club really wants the player (Kanu famously had a heart issue) Van Niestelrooy as you said (Eriksen) and others the club maybe has second thoughts on the transfer anyway and uses it as a reason to pull out Loic Remy failed at Liverpool but passed lots elsewhere. 

32 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Doesn’t make sense in that before he was not for sale at all.. now we’ve sold him for say £60m after paying SE and it’s oh actually we needed the money to pay the bills 

...I don't believe a word of it that we are desperate for money!!!

If Chelsea does not come in for him, we don't look to sell.  The FFP problem limited us from going into the market without offloading other players. This summer was unique as the new directive for FFP made us have to look at finance in another way. We normally spend £20m net in transfers and I would think we would have spent as much this summer, had we had players outgoing as normal.

I would envisage a £50m net spend (a percentage of Fofana money and £20m from pre-budget spending) would be available.