Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Fan bases you like and dislike

8 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rangers- of course loyal to the union flag and respectful towards the English most of the time.

Celtic- Anti english, racists

I can't imagine that this opinion is anything but biased due to your opinion on the clubs because there realy isn't anything between them in terms of how despicable they are as a fan base (generally speaking). 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Big fan of Boro, Bradford and also Brum fanbases

I can tell you when you live in Birmingham how much easier it is to talk about football with a Bloos fan than a Villa fan. 

That is the total opposite of what I've experienced. Find Villa fans to be sound and Blues fans almost universally to be bitter, angry, chip on shoulder types. 

I used to work in the West Midlands with an ardent Plymouth fan. He encouraged a few of us to join the travelling Argyle fans at away matches such as Shrewsbury, Walsall, Scarborough and one bizarre trip to Gillingham. They were all ardent fans -  you've got to be to travel the distance they cover - and they were a friendly crowd.

I like West Brom and was a quality away day tbf. Lots of friendly fans at the pub. I've actually had decent conversations with Man City and West Ham fans too.

Both North London clubs are irritating but Tottenham are by far the most deluded fanbase I have come across. Always come across as bitter as well (for obvious reasons lol)

I can stand most midlands sides apart from Nottingham Forest

The Rennes fans left a great impression on me. After the first leg, they were all still bouncing, and the atmosphere they created in the second leg sounded incredible on the TV. Would have loved to have been in the Roazhon to experience it first hand

I'm from a slightly different part of the world so my interactions with fans will be slightly different to reflect that. 

Dislike...

Celtic

Rangers

St.Mirren

Spurs

Chelsea

West Ham

Like...

Morton

Newcastle

Motherwell

Bolton

Arsenal

Dislike:

Forest

Cov

Villa

Arsenal

Liverpool 

Newcastle

Like:

Man United (Local Support, not the glory supporters from Kent)

Notts County

Birmingham

Stockport

Tranmere

I'm undecided on Everton. They can come across like they are full of their own importance, but Everton fans I've met in person have been really sound. Everton's ground and badge are also class and Spirit of The Blues is a cracking football tune. 

53 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Dislike:

Forest

Cov

Villa

Arsenal

Liverpool 

Newcastle

Like:

Man United (Local Support, not the glory supporters from Kent)

Notts County

Birmingham

Stockport

Tranmere

I'm undecided on Everton. They can come across like they are full of their own importance, but Everton fans I've met in person have been really sound. Everton's ground and badge are also class and Spirit of The Blues is a cracking football tune

Is that the one they put out at full time after winning?

Don't really like any fanbases particularly but I respect most that aren't wet and create a racket. So usually Portsmouth over Southampton, Blues over Villa, Cardiff over Swansea etc.

Ambivalent about a third of clubs and I dislike the rest.

On 19/03/2022 at 22:32, Manini said:

Great shout. Really grind my gears for some reason. 

Stoke City - they’ve got a hell of a lot to say considering they come from Stoke on Trent.

Aston Villa - nobody likes Villa or their fans

Man United - obvious. Some of the actual Mancs are okay but generally just a set of arseholes, especially the ones from Leicester. 

Cov - scum, just absolute scum of the highest order. 

Boro - just a very odd bunch. Especially when playing Yorkshire teams. 

MK Dons - would happily see them wound up tomorrow without a second thought. 

Barnsley - loyal as the day is long and passionate. 

Huddersfield Town - see above. Good club and good fans. 

Blackburn - see above. 

Charlton - similar to the above. But also great ground which is nothing to do with the fans but I like them. 

Luton Town - just proper English football aren’t they, great ground, usually always pretty much full. Fair play to them. 

Preston NE - just old fashioned class. 

Fair post but the fact that Charlton still play at the Valley is 100% to do with their fans.

• Like 1