Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Arriba Los Zorros

Fan bases you like and dislike

Back in the 80's when Charlton were potless they used Selhurst Park & Upton park as The Valley was dilapidated & overgrown.

When the local council refused permission for the Valley to be modernised fans got together & thousands of votes later resulted in Charlton fans taking seats on the council & approving the fans plan. 

The initial improvements to the Valley were all done by fans including clearance of overgrown stands & terraces.

• Like 2

On 20/03/2022 at 20:14, Strokes said:

Don’t like anyone including our own fans, all pricks.

I genuinely have a hard time with at least 80% of our fan base these days. Lack of knowledge, deluded expectations, out and out bias, spoilt, and a weird preoccupation with Tottenham, Harry Kane,  and John Moss.

That, and the general state of the professional game in general, is why I focus more on non league at the moment.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Had good experiences with both, I think Millwall especially get a bad wrap because of previous reputations

Cant say I ever met anyone up and down the country who says they support Millwall. Seems very much local supported club. 

Not too relevant but a relative of mine is a psychiatrist on rotation in Merseyside and said that when he sees a psychotic patient he knows that they’re a Liverpool fan, and when he sees a depressed patient, he knows that they’re an Everton fan. Apparently it’s scarily true. 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

Man City annoyed me with their chanting about Ranieri tbh. Coming from a fanbase of a team who wouldn't think twice about sacking any manager who wasn't performing. 

It's very, very weird how they carry on singing that five years after everyone else in the country has ceased caring.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LiberalFox said:

Man City annoyed me with their chanting about Ranieri tbh. Coming from a fanbase of a team who wouldn't think twice about sacking any manager who wasn't performing. 

8 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's very, very weird how they carry on singing that five years after everyone else in the country has ceased caring.

And given they did exactly the same thing with Pellegrini. Won the league for them and they had Pep lined up behind his back 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lionator said:

Not too relevant but a relative of mine is a psychiatrist on rotation in Merseyside and said that when he sees a psychotic patient he knows that they’re a Liverpool fan, and when he sees a depressed patient, he knows that they’re an Everton fan. Apparently it’s scarily true. 

Everton wouldn't be such a depressing club to support if they weren't based in the same city as Liverpool. Everton are comparable to Aston Villa in terms of size and success, yet Villa aren't considered that depressing because they are the biggest club in their city. 

On 20/03/2022 at 19:32, RonnieTodger said:

Generally Dislike:

Both old firms - same boring discussions

Stoke - angry knuckledraggers

Millwall - docked 50 IQ points at birth

Coventry - inbred weirdos

Birmingham - Bitter

I don’t mind Cardiff, Brentford and controversially, Liverpool and Leeds

Pretty much this club to club, I like it when supporters have a bit of arrogance and expectation and at least in the example of Leeds (and definitely the Man U away support) it seems to translate to atmosphere.

On 22/03/2022 at 07:18, jonthefox said:

I've yet to meet a Man city fan who's a knobhead. Always seem a decent bunch. 

Them lot who stand next to the away end at their place will probably change your mind. I've been next to them on two or three occasions now. 

Plus they sing about Ranieri when it's nothing to do with them.

Best team in the Country for the last 3 or so years yet one of the quietest fanbases I've heard. Proper weird. Booing the CL theme too, forgot about that.

Edited by Fox92