Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

3 minutes ago, teblin said:

Thunk we have offered him an improved contract too.

I do hope so, I know above I said we can't afford it long term to pay players more than £100k a week but he's our talisman now for the next 5+ years and with Schmeichel, Vardy, Tielemans and Evans all leaving between now and then next couple of years then it could still be feasible.

• Like 1

Even if they bid £80m I wouldn’t sell. We’re not going to replace him with anybody close to his ability. 

We’ve spent 4 years developing him and it was only last year when it finally paid off in big way.

If we do sell him it signals we’re just not very serious. Fofana, Barnes and KDH wouldn’t be encouraged by it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Really bored of this shit and it’s only going to get worse next summer.

I agree, we've sadly created our own drama here with what Rodgers has said and then the reality of our situation. The media will run wild with it, speculation rife and along the way clubs will try and exploit it in the hope players apply pressure or our club genuinely is in the panic it's claimed to be.

If things were that bad Castagne and Soumare bids would have already been accepted.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's genuinely indispensable, I also think he's relatively happy here. That said with our wage structure issues in the coming years, I don't see how we can offer players what we've been offering them. He'll be able to command 200k a week somewhere and he will need to stop paying more than £100k a week so inevitably I think we're going to lose our established players at some point.

He's our best player, I'd be terrified of our future without him.

He's probably only 25-30% off of that wage anyway so personally I'd pull all the strings out for him.

Thoroughly agree he's our best player. I'd rather he became our culture hero than play in London and if we could pay him that salary and throw in the captains armband then I reckon he might just sign a new contract given the fact that he knows himself that the team will be part built around him.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I agree, we've sadly created our own drama here with what Rodgers has said and then the reality of our situation. The media will run wild with it, speculation rife and along the way clubs will try and exploit it in the hope players apply pressure or our club genuinely is in the panic it's claimed to be.

If things were that bad Castagne and Soumare bids would have already been accepted.

It’s a difficult situation to manage. I said it last summer, if you attempt to keep all these players rather than releasing one a year, is that you bump the problem down the road.

What we are likely to end up with now is Tielemans walking on a free, Maddison with one year left, Kasper, Evans, Soyuncu and Vardy gone, Fofana attracting bids left right and centre and Ndidi and Barnes with two years left and probably not signing new contracts.

You pay the price for being ambitious and trying to keep the team together without the money to back it up. 

We’ve got a massive issue on the horizon, far bigger than not having a few quid for a winger. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

He's only got 2 years contract currently left? Hate to say this, but if we had to choose between keeping Fofana or Madders, we may have to go for Wes. 

Complete opposite for me, I'd sell Fofana in a heartbeat over Maddison.

• Like 1

We rinsed United for Maguire, so I imagine we'll do the same with Newcastle and then apply an extra bit on top of what we would probably consider from other teams with the amount of cash they have available.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, K789 said:

Great player but question marks over his hips and significant time out due to them. I'm a seller at 60m

I'd agree (reluctantly). Otherwise next summer with only a year left on his contract we lose him for 25m. 

Not an ideal situation, but sometimes you have to make the most of what you've got.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If the club sold Madders, the relationship between Brendan and the boss’ would be fractured badly. 

Brendan’s reaction to madders last season when he very abruptly cut OPA down saying “he’s our best player”.

Anyway, Newcastle is a no go, them having Maddison in there team would be like arming a wasp with a grenade launcher and sending it off to battle. They’re woefully under equipped to be making bids for players like Maddison.  

I don’t agree with this. Maddison would be the perfect signing for Newcastle. Not top drawer yet in the bigger picture but will develop that way and will bring the swagger & charisma to the club that Geordies love. They are building well and have as much money as they need to make Maddison their English statement signing. He knows himself that an England call up will be more likely with the publicity around such a move.

I don’t want him to leave but I reckon he could well go and I think around £65 mill would be good business for everyone sadly.

8 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If Tottenham come calling with a 60 million bid he’s off imo.

Still think that's way too low, we are reliably informed he's got an optional year extra on his contract so with 3 years to go we ought to command a very very big price. He's on a par, if not better than peak Grealish was in 2020/21, so the fee should be obscene and like Grealish, he's his clubs best player and unthinkable to lose him without a fight.