Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

A quick google search, tells you all you need to know. 

You are missing the point……

Do you seriously think a player will stay at a football club, if given the chance to play for a bigger club and having far higher earning potential, because of a training ground……? 
‘If Maddison stays it’s because he’s happy at home and don’t want to leave his mates. Eg Vardy

It won’t be based on Seagrave. 

With our turnover level our model needs to be sell a player a year and avoid running down contracts. Tielemans or Soyuncu needed to go last summer, huge mistake not trying harder to cash in on one of them which means we probably will have to move on a player we really don’t want to this year if the money is good. Players with 2 years left need to renew or be sold so we can then bring in next cycle of players. We’ve moved away from this model over last 12 / 18 months and it’s really hurting us now, as other people have posted if we think this summer is bad a years time will not be much different unless we do start cashing in on players with longer on their contracts. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. I think some City fans have a very inflated view of the club and its size and appeal.

We won the league in 2016 yes, but that was a miracle, the work of God, a phenomenon. Only the season before we’d fought off relegation for 3/4’s of it.

Newcastle is a big City. The ground holds what? 60k?

Their supporters are fanatical. 
AND they have money and are expectant. It’s the start of the journey for them. They have that preseason buzz that Leicester don’t have. 
Similar with Tottenham. Brand new ground, new manager, spending money, live in London etc.

I’d suggest the only things keeping Maddison here are his amazing home, which he clearly loves, and his mates. Clearly he gets on amazingly well with Vardy. Stuff like this matters at the end of the day. Loyalty if it still exists, often gets targeted not at an employer, but towards your peers and colleagues. 
If big bids do come in for Madders, he’ll have to decide whether he sticks it out with mates, or he starts afresh.

Sod the training ground argument btw. I’m not having that top level footballers are coming to Leicester because we have a great training ground. We do, and it’s state of the art. But do you honestly think Newcastle don’t, Tottenham don’t?

Players join clubs for two main reasons. 1. Money 2. Chances of playing success.

Newcastle have a dreadful training ground - they make jokes about it up there 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

You are missing the point……

Do you seriously think a player will stay at a football club, if given the chance to play for a bigger club and having far higher earning potential, because of a training ground……? 
‘If Maddison stays it’s because he’s happy at home and don’t want to leave his mates. Eg Vardy

It won’t be based on Seagrave. 

Surely the going to work experience all forms part of the reasons you're stating as reasons he might stay.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Do you know what Newcastle’s training facilities are like? What their plans are?

And you honestly think someone wouldn’t join a club that would probably double their wages because of our training ground? Seriously?

Cloud cuckoo stuff this

There’s a lot of blue tinted convincing going on here… every time a player is linked away from us we come up with the ‘arguments’ as to why they won’t leave. 

If I’m watching Newcastle’s recruitment compared to ours (this season and last), seeing new owners who by the way, are now the richest in the league by a country mile, they’re a club on the rise… yet Maddison wouldn’t go, because we have a better training ground? Clutching at straws much. People in life move around job wise for the experience of something new. 
Honestly, some people need to take a step back and while we have ploughed money in to training facilities & players over the years, whether you like it not, we are ‘taking a step backwards’ this year and some players won’t like it. 

If it’s so rosey in the house of Leicester, why are 3 or 4 having noise in the media about leaving? And don’t tell me it’s just paper talk… 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Nah, Maddison needs to be playing for a club already up there. Newcastle are miles away and as @Babylon said they’re a decade or so away from breaching the top four. 

To displace Southgate’s darlings he has to be playing for any one of Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, United, Man City or Liverpool. Or stay with us… moving to Newcastle won’t help him do that… I could see us letting him go, however it would be to one of those above mentioned clubs. 

However, selling Maddison would be a monumental error. It would take away a huge chunk of our attacking threat, and we have zero time to replace him. I’m happy to say there’s 0% chance he joins Newcastle. Spurs possibly but Newcastle not a chance.

It will be interesting to see. Personally I think the opportunity to be part of something huge from the start could be too much of a lure for him. I think Newcastle will finish top 8 possibly top 6 this season so it’s no different to our current level and the only direction is going to be up for him over there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

There’s a lot of blue tinted convincing going on here… every time a player is linked away from us we come up with the ‘arguments’ as to why they won’t leave. 

If I’m watching Newcastle’s recruitment compared to ours (this season and last), seeing new owners who by the way, are now the richest in the league by a country mile, they’re a club on the rise… yet Maddison wouldn’t go, because we have a better training ground? Clutching at straws much. People in life move around job wise for the experience of something new. 
Honestly, some people need to take a step back and while we have ploughed money in to training facilities & players over the years, whether you like it not, we are ‘taking a step backwards’ this year and some players won’t like it. 

If it’s so rosey in the house of Leicester, why are 3 or 4 having noise in the media about leaving? And don’t tell me it’s just paper talk… 

My faith in common sense is restored. 
👍

8 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I know Percy is generally accurate but funny how all our stars are now being linked away ever since it was reported we need to sell before we can buy. 

I was thinking the same. Feels like Percy has done us over.

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

'Leicester could now open talks over another contract'

He mentioned this earlier in the article.

“Leicester's stance on Maddison is intriguing as they need to sell players to raise funds this summer, due to issues with Financial Fair Play and a top-heavy squad.”

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. I think some City fans have a very inflated view of the club and its size and appeal.

We won the league in 2016 yes, but that was a miracle, the work of God, a phenomenon. Only the season before we’d fought off relegation for 3/4’s of it.

Newcastle is a big City. The ground holds what? 60k?

Their supporters are fanatical. 
AND they have money and are expectant. It’s the start of the journey for them. They have that preseason buzz that Leicester don’t have. 
Similar with Tottenham. Brand new ground, new manager, spending money, live in London etc.

I’d suggest the only things keeping Maddison here are his amazing home, which he clearly loves, and his mates. Clearly he gets on amazingly well with Vardy. Stuff like this matters at the end of the day. Loyalty if it still exists, often gets targeted not at an employer, but towards your peers and colleagues. 
If big bids do come in for Madders, he’ll have to decide whether he sticks it out with mates, or he starts afresh.

Sod the training ground argument btw. I’m not having that top level footballers are coming to Leicester because we have a great training ground. We do, and it’s state of the art. But do you honestly think Newcastle don’t, Tottenham don’t?

Players join clubs for two main reasons. 1. Money 2. Chances of playing success.

Isn’t Leicester the bigger city? 

Losing Maddison would be a massive loss.  I think he is currently our best player. He seems, judging from the second half of last season, to have shaken off the injuries that have plagued him  and he is getting better and better. I would go as far as to say that he would be a bigger loss than Fofana. We would lose not only his goals but our biggest creator of goals.  Unlikely we would get even close to as good a replacement with the money we would spend too.  If there is any truth in this, then we need to give a swift " not a chance we are selling him" to Newcastle or who ever else  .  It just feels at the moment, whether it be paper talk or there is any truth in these rumours, that the club is being  seen as a a rotting carcass, and the vultures are circling, ready to swoop down and feast on any good meat that remains.

Edited by smudger63

Just now, South Shire Fox said:

I dont know which parts funnier, Newcastle or the £40 million image.gif.f04e0d6a20fdc976e62fbb40a7923022.gif

Newcastles rise to the top is inevitable. I'm not sure why people ridicule it. And it'll happen sooner than people care to admit. The game's bent. 

He would be priced out of a move anyway. This club wants a very high price for its players. We even hear that they would want a fee for Kasper. At the lower end , we want too much for George Hirst and that move appears to be stalling. The result is we have 28 senior players and no room for anybody else.I bet if somebody went in for Vestergaard ,we would want at least our money back.