Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Newcastles rise to the top is inevitable. I'm not sure why people ridicule it. And it'll happen sooner than people care to admit. The game's bent. 

It is, but it won’t happen for at least 5 years, maybe 10+ with the additional financial constraints in place now. 

5 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Newcastles rise to the top is inevitable. I'm not sure why people ridicule it. And it'll happen sooner than people care to admit. The game's bent. 

They have a turnover of £140 million currently, so whilst they can throw around transfer fees, they will quickly hit their wage limit for ffp.

Ffp is designed to stop clubs like us and Newcastle doing what man city and Chelsea did 

• Like 1

Just now, kenny said:

They have a turnover of £140 million currently, so whilst they can throw around transfer fees, they will quickly hit their wage limit for ffp.

Ffp is designed to stop clubs like us and Newcastle doing what man city and Chelsea did 

Man City seem to have no issue creating false sponsorship deals and getting away with it. Newcastle will have no trouble.

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I agree. I think some City fans have a very inflated view of the club and its size and appeal.

We won the league in 2016 yes, but that was a miracle, the work of God, a phenomenon. Only the season before we’d fought off relegation for 3/4’s of it.

Newcastle is a big City. The ground holds what? 60k?

Their supporters are fanatical. 
AND they have money and are expectant. It’s the start of the journey for them. They have that preseason buzz that Leicester don’t have. 
Similar with Tottenham. Brand new ground, new manager, spending money, live in London etc.

I’d suggest the only things keeping Maddison here are his amazing home, which he clearly loves, and his mates. Clearly he gets on amazingly well with Vardy. Stuff like this matters at the end of the day. Loyalty if it still exists, often gets targeted not at an employer, but towards your peers and colleagues. 
If big bids do come in for Madders, he’ll have to decide whether he sticks it out with mates, or he starts afresh.

Sod the training ground argument btw. I’m not having that top level footballers are coming to Leicester because we have a great training ground. We do, and it’s state of the art. But do you honestly think Newcastle don’t, Tottenham don’t?

Players join clubs for two main reasons. 1. Money 2. Chances of playing success.

Newcastle are not big. Their ground holds 60k, they could fill 100k, because they are literally the only big club in that City, that area. Sunderland are the next biggest club and nobody from Newcastle is gonna support Sunderland.

Newcastle haven't won anything major in 50 years. You talk about us being nearly relegated the year before we won the league but Newcastle have actually been relegated twice in less than 15 years.

We've won the Premier League, won the FA Cup, won the Community Shield and played in Europe, including the Champions League, all in less than 10 years. I will happily say that this time in 10 years Newcastle still haven't done all of that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dayday said:

Isn’t Leicester the bigger city? 

It’s tricky to say 

the greater newcastle area is larger than the greater Leicester one by a sig number (850 k v 550k) 

but the specific city population- Leicester is a little larger  (350k v 310k) 

They've a few years of bridging the gap between themselves and the top 6 / 4 places - Maddison's already good enough to be in them, unless they offer him obscene cash I can't see why he'd go there to be part of those intermediate years when he could spend the peak of his career playing at the highest standard.

I do reckon it's a leak just to flash Newcastle's ambition to the press, mind - there's no chance they think £40m gets him.

• Like 2

Just now, Happy Fox said:

Spurs is the worry for me, if they bid serious money, he will definitely be off, the chance to play for a champions league club and get back into the England set up is no brainer for him.

At this point can someone put up some pics of Spurs training facilities 

👍

Jack grealish went for 100 million.(yes he is was not worth anything like that) , but no way we accept less than 75 Maddison who is a better player with a better output.

right now I don’t think Newcastle are that appealing, other than paying him more money than us they offer nothing we dont. If a established rich 6 team comes in, especially one with CL football. JM will push to leave. Southgate picks him for England instantly at a big 6 team (see JG)

I do worry about the narrative we’re skint/challenged by FFP though as it means clubs think they can low ball us. I’m sure they only reason youri is still here is that arsenal know that they can get him at any point and they longer they wait they lower we may accept, youri is an tried and tested PL player so they know they can just chuck him in the team and he is ready to go.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Spurs is the worry for me, if they bid serious money, he will definitely be off, the chance to play for a champions league club and get back into the England set up is no brainer for him.

Where does he fit at Spurs though?

17 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

'Leicester could now open talks over another contract'

I meant regarding his first article the other week. It put into the public domain the fact we may consider selling star players due to finances, which other clubs may have taken as a signal. Or it could have put players agents onto high-alert...

Pure speculation from myself, though.

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think he'd go to spurs if the chance came, but I don't think he'd want to go to Newcastle. I'm not sure spurs would be willing to pay the money for him, he'd cost considerably more than their record transfer (54m Ndombele accord to transfermarket).