Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

It was reported last week that we'd listen to offers for Maddison. Man City and Liverpool don't need him, Arsenal and Spurs (possibly Newcastle) are the obvious destinations. It's entirely plausible.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TommyK said:

We're going to have to rebuild more than one area if we let all of them go. 

We already need to look at centerback and striking options. (Plus right wing)

Totally rebuilding in the wrong place.

There is no rebuild without money and if we are moving in a direction to which they are not key players, who knows

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

There is no rebuild without money and if we are moving in a direction to which they are not key players, who knows

True true. But it's a risky strategy. Replacing a player like Madison who is a consistent performance in the PL with players coming into that league is hard. 

Look at Daka and Soumare. 

Our recruitment over the past few years is poor. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TommyK said:

True true. But it's a risky strategy. Replacing a player like Madison who is a consistent performance in the PL with players coming into that league is hard. 

Not saying I agree with it, but I could easily see it being true. Regarding Daka and Soumare, it’s too soon for me, will pan them both after next season. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not saying I agree with it, but I could easily see it being true. Regarding Daka and Soumare, it’s too soon for me, will pan them both after next season. lol

That's kind of my point. It might be too soon for them. But if we get rid of Madison and Youri and replace with 'too sooners' then we'll be in trouble next season. 

• Like 4

I get we might be selling some players this summer but to sell youri and madders in the same window would be madness.

I think that was agent talk a few weeks ago about us listening to offers. Came just at the time he started playing well again… why would we start listening to offers as soon as he starts playing well again?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theessexfox said:

I mean it’s been said before, and I’d be devastated to lose him as he’s really top class, but 2 years left on his deal puts us in a bit of a bind, we can’t keep losing our top assets for less than half their value

See above. It’s contract time.

• Like 1

Staying with us, new contract being prepared, settled and back to his best form, young child who is settled in nicely in the shire, could well end up our top scorer this season and will have  an England place for the World Cup…

• Like 2

As Arsenal now look EL bound, they will not spend what its takes for us to sell.  Cannot seeing us selling 2 key players in the same window unless it is a Carlsberg offer.

The one thing that makes me wonder if the Maddison rumours could be true is that if Rodgers has decided to stick with the 433 formation and ditch 4231. If so, where does Maddison fit? He is nowhere near as effective on the RW or as an 8.

As others have pointed out, it's not clear which clubs with the money might be interested in Maddison. Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and Tottenham don't play with a 10. Man U and Arsenal favour 4231 but already have good options at 10 so not sure they will be interested in Madders either. So that leaves Newcastle or a move abroad.  

In saying all this, I really hope he stays. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NewquayFox said:

Staying with us, new contract being prepared, settled and back to his best form, young child who is settled in nicely in the shire, could well end up our top scorer this season and will have  an England place for the World Cup…

The Nottinghamshire that is… lol 

13 hours ago, TommyK said:

i agree ( Li'l Wes excepted) . I put this view forward but other posters reminded me that we have evolved the club by buying low and selling high. It still feels to me that losing proven top prem players and signing the sort of players you have mentioned and even Lookman  is taking us in the direction of Villa and Everton.We're not spending £500k on a possible mahrez but £20+ mill on speculative signings like Praet and  Soumare who no-one seems to know what to do with and established (but crap) players like vestergaard.. I hope I'm wrong .

I don't see Maddison leaving purely because he's one of our most marketable players. Whenever you see us represented on a Sky billboard etc. It's always Maddison, Youri or Vardy. With Youri probably leaving and Vardy potentially winding down, you'd think this would at least be a factor in the club's thinking.

22 hours ago, theessexfox said:

I mean it’s been said before, and I’d be devastated to lose him as he’s really top class, but 2 years left on his deal puts us in a bit of a bind, we can’t keep losing our top assets for less than half their value

....in that case you will have to sell your main assets when their stock is at its highest!!!

We are never going to get their full value unless we are prepared to let them go when we least expect to.

23 hours ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I don't see Maddison leaving purely because he's one of our most marketable players. Whenever you see us represented on a Sky billboard etc. It's always Maddison, Youri or Vardy. With Youri probably leaving and Vardy potentially winding down, you'd think this would at least be a factor in the club's thinking.

They'd just move to Barnes, Ndidi and KDH.

6 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I do like him but there's still part of me that would take a very good offer for him..

I don't see Conte going for him but Arsenal maybe. Not sure they need him with Smith-Rowe. 

They don’t need him. Odegard has had a great year and Smith Rowe is a good young player. They’re more likely to go after Youri.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11063265/Leicester-star-man-James-Maddison-offered-new-contract-stellar-Premier-League-campaign.html

James Maddison is set to be offered a new deal at Leicester in the autumn after his stellar form in recent months.

The playmaker has less than two years remaining on his current contract and securing his future is a priority for the Foxes. 

Maddison last agreed a new contract with Leicester in August 2020 — one which pushed him closer to top earners Jamie Vardy and Kasper Schmeichel.

• Like 2