Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

His value is nearer £60 million... Doesn't mean its near £60million!

His valuation from others may be 60m but then there's the fact that we don't want to sell him so it's like the Grealish situation. The market value is one thing but the price we would need in order to sell would/should be way higher. We have to be talking nearer to 80m. It adds on a whole new component to our rebuild. We are going to lose our most successful Goalkeeper ever either very soon or next summer. We are going to lose probably our best player ever in Vardy sooner or later. Tielemans and maybe Fofana if someone comes in for crazy money. That's 4 huge holes to plug plus the 5th being RW. If we need to plug 6 with Maddison going then we could easily be in trouble. Not to mention Rodgers shouldn't be anywhere near a transfer as his record in the transfer market is shocking, yes he can coach but you still need quality. 

2 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Far too good and classy a player to be going to Newcastle. Could understand if it’s a top London side, but Newcastle? Massive sidestep and not going to increase his chances of getting to the World Cup 

It’s not even a sideways step that. Backwards. 

• Haha 1

If this were to happen, I would probably give up on this Club after 50 years of following them.

For God´s sake start doing something constructive Recruitment Team, anything would help lift this bull shite window.

This is an absolute joke move by Newcastle as how on earth would selling your best player for 40% of the Grealish Fee help with a re-build? That is more like a demolition move.   Tell Staveley (Lady Botox) to get back on her camel and do one.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

According to SKY sports Newcastle have put in an offer of £40million for Madders. Leicester said that this bid has been rejected. Leicester also said they thought his value was nearer £60 million.

Who at Leicester said that! Total bollocks

• Like 1

Three things -

firstly, £40m is a joke. Maddison was only second to KDB for numbers by attacking midfielders last season. Don’t waste our time. 

secondly, Newcastle are going to become a top 4 club. That is inevitable with the money they’ve got but due to FFP it’s going to take 4-5 years. Maddison’s next move will be for UCL which they haven’t got and won’t have for at least the next 3-4 years. I predict that they’ll actually finish below us this season so it would be a backwards, at best, sideways move for him. 

finally, I actually think he’s one of the few genuine players who actually loves the club so that’ll help keep him for a bit longer. 

Bloody love James Maddison. Honestly one of my favourite players of all time!

We really can’t afford to lose our best players if we aren’t going to buy anybody. We’re so short of creative players up front that we should do all we can to keep JM. If he wants to go I’d be trying to force the price up to £80m - with the English player tax on top I’m not sure that’s unrealistic (see Grealish). 

I’m beginning to fear for our season now. It’s not likely we’re going to be able to hold onto all of Tielemans, Maddison, Fofana and Barnes and there are no rumours of any quality coming in. We’re also not looking likely to shift any of the dead wood.

I don’t know what the answer is to break the impasse on no new players and no new contracts for all the players running their deals down. But we have to find a way to break it soon - or we will be in trouble 

14 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Spurs is the worry for me, if they bid serious money, he will definitely be off, the chance to play for a champions league club and get back into the England set up is no brainer for him.

No he won't. Only if we as a club decide to sell. Which we won't. Doesn't matter how much he wants to play for spurs or Newcastle  or Sunderland or Middlesbrough or how much they bid, he goes only when we say so.

15 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s tricky to say 

the greater newcastle area is larger than the greater Leicester one by a sig number (850 k v 550k) 

but the specific city population- Leicester is a little larger  (350k v 310k) 

Newcastle is a smaller city, it’s more iconic because it’s so provincial but it is smaller and it’s location means it feels very unconnected.

Newcastle will be running daily flights to London when they inevitably start to attract top players with obscene money.

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Embarrassing offer would need to be double that. Have to question madders if he actually goes there as well.

...sometimes you need a "keystone" in order to build the structure that you envisage!!!

Someone is going to be sooner or later, and they (Newcastle)  have not gone full-blown Viv Nicholson, throwing their money around. Their manager (Howe) would have a big impact on who they bring in and will be a guiding hand in the club's immediate development.

This might have been to test the water, they probably think we are strapped for cash, but if this is true, they will know better now.

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

No he won't. Only if we as a club decide to sell. Which we won't. Doesn't matter how much he wants to play for spurs or Newcastle  or Sunderland or Middlesbrough or how much they bid, he goes only when we say so.

That is literally the bottom line.

All the rest is a load of old cobblers.

If the club feel he’s too important to sell, he don’t go anywhere

Just now, ronnup said:

40 million is an insult 

New contract imminent 

I thought we didn’t have money to be offering new contracts? And why would we anyway? He’s our player and he’s ages left on his current deal.

How do you get from Newcastle allegedly making a saucy bid to throwing more money at Maddison?

We don’t need to..

40m is a joke and we are truly in a mess if we have to sell one of our best players now, just go with what we have. 

Plus Newcastle can offer whatever they like, I hope we never take a penny off them. It’s bad enough that we have to play them.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I thought we didn’t have money to be offering new contracts? And why would we anyway? He’s our player and he’s ages left on his current deal.

How do you get from Newcastle allegedly making a saucy bid to throwing more money at Maddison?

We don’t need to..

Perhaps because we value his importance to the team? I imagine you'd say to your employer "Thanks for the offer of more money, and I'm glad you appreciate all the hard work I've put in and how well I've performed. But come on you don't need to offer me anymore cash, I'm happy to honour my old contract on my lower wage"