Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Maddison

If the club sold Madders, the relationship between Brendan and the boss’ would be fractured badly. 

Brendan’s reaction to madders last season when he very abruptly cut OPA down saying “he’s our best player”.

Anyway, Newcastle is a no go, them having Maddison in there team would be like arming a wasp with a grenade launcher and sending it off to battle. They’re woefully under equipped to be making bids for players like Maddison.  

• Like 1

Concerning thing is that if true they wouldn’t have bid without some indication from ours or Madders side it would be worth doing so.

They wouldn’t want to look like idiots to their fans, especially as their transfer business so far has been seen as underwhelming.

Edited by stu
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, stu said:

Concerning thing is that if true they wouldn’t have bid without some indication from ours or Madders side it would be worth doing so.

They wouldn’t want to look like idiots to their fans, especially as their transfer business so far has been seen as underwhelming.

Unless it’s been leaked to appease fans they are trying to sign good players? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, stu said:

It’s Newcastle, they’ve looked foolish for decades and have bid on people that haven’t gone to them plenty. Don’t read too much into it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Knowing someone who knows Maddison, he’s preferred choice is apparently London eventually……so this would definitely not be an option. 

Makes zero sense, they are half a decade away from the top 4 most probably. He could bide his time, have another good season and get a decent move. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 2

He's genuinely indispensable, I also think he's relatively happy here. That said with our wage structure issues in the coming years, I don't see how we can offer players what we've been offering them. He'll be able to command 200k a week somewhere and he will need to stop paying more than £100k a week so inevitably I think we're going to lose our established players at some point.

He's our best player, I'd be terrified of our future without him.

• Like 2

Thunk we have offered him an improved contract too, can’t see him going there but it might kick start other team interest. Hope not top player, I’d be very worried if we lost him. Without him last season we may have really got dragged into trouble.

Edited by teblin

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's genuinely indispensable, I also think he's relatively happy here. That said with our wage structure issues in the coming years, I don't see how we can offer players what we've been offering them. He'll be able to command 200k a week somewhere and he will need to stop paying more than £100k a week so inevitably I think we're going to lose our established players at some point.

He's our best player, I'd be terrified of our future without him.

He is our best player and fundamental to our attacking play - pre-assists, assists and goals - so we should only sell for a premium. 

No doubt there will be constant speculation about Madders and Little Wes until the window closes.