Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know he's highly rated but he was crap vs us, don't get the admiration over the 2 legs at all. Luckily he's better than that showing but unless Ndidi goes he's not needed.

I thought he was excellent against us. Regularly won the ball and picked up loose balls and then always kept it. Played lots of progressive passes and dribbles. He seems like the ideal mould of Ndidi, Mendy and Soumare. 

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I know he's highly rated but he was crap vs us, don't get the admiration over the 2 legs at all. Luckily he's better than that showing but unless Ndidi goes he's not needed.

I know it’s a game of opinions but it is crazy to me how we all see things differently as I thoughts he was brilliant against us, might have been mainly due to them sitting so deep especially at the kp but he always seemed to be the 1 breaking stuff up and rarely miss placed a pass… I’m sure in the second leg it was more of the same but he also seemed to venture forward (did miss a sitter that would’ve put us out but he won’t be signed for his goals lol)

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Ndidi is poor on the ball, Sangare is not, we have attempted to get Wilf to play a more progressive game, it is not something he is good at, having both players here at the same time will not work. If Wilf cannot do what we want him to do, then he is not what we need for the team.

I dislike disagreeing with you, but Wilf isn't poor on the ball. Time after time, when he dispossesses, he recycles the ball accurately and safely. It's not his job to carry the ball out any further than the final third. If City want to hire Sangare I have no problem with that if he's going to supplant Soumare.

I see the real problem as Tielemans, the man who's selected but disappears regularly. I'd cheerfully swap him for Sangare. With KDH's arrival we have a consistent talent whose work rate, technical ability and aggression have made him eclipse Youri T. as the midfield 'dynamo'. 

Given Maddison and KDH's presence, then there's some flexibility to give a  cdm pairing some licence to get forward when the opportunity arises without sacrificing defensive cover. I think Soumare has to be put down to experience - as the Southampton pair will have to be.

Now, if we could return those two to the Saints for a refund...

• Like 1

Just now, OhYesNdidi said:

Maybe Soumare isn’t able to replace Ndidi or Tielemans so we’re going to replace Praet, Choudhury, Soumare, Mendy with Sangare and an 8? 

Praet, Choudhury, mendy and Youri definitely will be gone you’d think so I’d have thought two midfield signings minimum with room perhaps for a u23 to move up a level 

Some crazy opinions on Ndidi in this thread.

The truth is, alongside Vardy and Evans, he remains one of our most important players. He’s also frequently one of best performers when he does play.

I’d imagine that this is more about Rodgers realising that Soumare isn’t what he thought he could be and looking for that second CDM to have as an option alongside Ndidi and ready to replace him if he gets snapped up by one of the big clubs.

• Like 4

Views on ndidi are somewhat rose tinted. He was brilliant in the Rodgers purple patch at the start of his reign. It looked like he had managed to make him into one of the worlds best dmcs. There were a few players really over performing for instance soyuncu,  Justin, I forget now. That was a long time ago now. He seems to have reverted to what he was prior to this purple patch, a monster at ball retention,  decent in the air but not very good at passing , composure and general awareness.

Can’t believe that u want to sign this bloke and get rid of ndidi , if this bloke is so good on the ball why not have both , break the mould and stick a attacking midfielder between them , but get rid of ndidi ur MAD 😡 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I cannot believe @Ric Flair thought he was dreadful in the two games. Surely you're on the wind up?

Didn't impress me in the home leg at all, none of their players did. 2nd leg he was good at dominating the midfield 1st half but he was the pits going forward.

I've watched him a fair bit though and he's a very good player, he'd be a huge asset to us if we got him. Would be a brave move to pair him and Ndidi together as it could be too workmanlike or it could actually work. But if he were to sign and then we got offered £50m+ for Ndidi then a real decision would need to be made because I think Ndidi might fancy a move in the next season or two.

Would be a great signing with Mendy/choudrey leaving, happy to have a smaller squad but will higher quality depth. 

His wages shouldn't be too high and it takes pressure of Ndidi and provides competition which is a good thing.

Don't get the hate with this link at all.

Think this would be a great signing. One of our biggest problems is we don't have a like for like replacement for Ndidi so we run him into the ground until he's injured. Only issue for me is it's another player that will miss a few games every couple of years due to AFCON.