Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

I do love wilf, he’s been incredible for us. Everytime he’s out, I always look forward to who’s going to step into his place and try his role but with better ability on the ball. Mendy has done alright the last few seasons, but always seems to fall off. 

In a 433 I think he’d be great at the bottom of the 3, but in a double pivot 4231 I think he really lacks the ability to collect the ball and progress it which is what you need in that system. I think sangare is better at doing this and still provides excellent defensive cover. And then bringing on Ndidi to see those games out would be more effective than vesty/amartey. 

Think we definitely need to bring in at least 2 central midfielders. Someone in the mould of Sangare, and also someone who can play 8/10, Adli would be perfect imo. 

Wilf has probably had the worst season of his career. The issue is when it’s bad for him it doubles down, as he is never good on the ball so removing the effective defensive work and he really hurts us. 

It’s not like when a striker can’t score but puts in extra work rate. 

Wilf has been very clumsy this year and personally i’m okay with him moving on if someone like Sangare was coming in. 

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't impress me in the home leg at all, none of their players did. 2nd leg he was good at dominating the midfield 1st half but he was the pits going forward.

I've watched him a fair bit though and he's a very good player, he'd be a huge asset to us if we got him. Would be a brave move to pair him and Ndidi together as it could be too workmanlike or it could actually work. But if he were to sign and then we got offered £50m+ for Ndidi then a real decision would need to be made because I think Ndidi might fancy a move in the next season or two.

Still disagree with him being poor against us but I think he might be the player we thought Soumare might have been.

He’s ahead of Soumare maturity wise so it’ll be a good move and if Papy still fancies a move, it’ll give us more depth and then also get us ready if Wilf does want to move too and we want to cash out. We’d then have Sangare and hopefully a better Soumare as our CDMs. Still need a Youri replacement though, otherwise, as you said, our midfield will be very workmanlike (although at least it will tackle!) 

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Didn't impress me in the home leg at all, none of their players did. 2nd leg he was good at dominating the midfield 1st half but he was the pits going forward.

I've watched him a fair bit though and he's a very good player, he'd be a huge asset to us if we got him. Would be a brave move to pair him and Ndidi together as it could be too workmanlike or it could actually work. But if he were to sign and then we got offered £50m+ for Ndidi then a real decision would need to be made because I think Ndidi might fancy a move in the next season or two.

It could work if you slot Maddison back to number 10 and buy a very good RW.

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

It could work if you slot Maddison back to number 10 and buy a very good RW.

Yes that was what we were all pondering last summer when Soumare was signed. I think once we go down that route we may well start to question Ndidi's value with us any longer and come 2023 we'd look to sell him. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes that was what we were all pondering last summer when Soumare was signed. I think once we go down that route we may well start to question Ndidi's value with us any longer and come 2023 we'd look to sell him. 

Maybe we still need to work a model of buy cheap sell high, rinse and repeat. 

Only way we can compete, English version of Dortmund.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

And what I want to see us get back to doing more of.

• Like 2

On 24/04/2022 at 10:38, gerblod said:

I dislike disagreeing with you, but Wilf isn't poor on the ball. Time after time, when he dispossesses, he recycles the ball accurately and safely. It's not his job to carry the ball out any further than the final third. If City want to hire Sangare I have no problem with that if he's going to supplant Soumare.

I see the real problem as Tielemans, the man who's selected but disappears regularly. I'd cheerfully swap him for Sangare. With KDH's arrival we have a consistent talent whose work rate, technical ability and aggression have made him eclipse Youri T. as the midfield 'dynamo'. 

Given Maddison and KDH's presence, then there's some flexibility to give a  cdm pairing some licence to get forward when the opportunity arises without sacrificing defensive cover. I think Soumare has to be put down to experience - as the Southampton pair will have to be.

Now, if we could return those two to the Saints for a refund...

...so long as Wilf is asked to do what Rodgers now ask of him, he will not be up to the task!!!

We have changed how Wilf plays, other teams set traps and Wilf is they key for them to spring it, as his quality on the ball does not allow us to beat the press, unlike other players in the backline.

So long as Wilf is asked to play his usual role, there is not many who can compete with him, but for what Rodgers wants, you can see Rodgers does not endorse him.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

Sangare looked a class act over the two legs against us and my instinct says sign him up if there's a possibility. However the rational part of me says it would be a reactionary signing and typical of a BR transfer. As much as I was impressed, has/was this lad linked to us previously? If not, I'd have concerns that once again any such signing would be a departure from the model that made us so successful in the transfer market previously. 

Edited by ian__marshall

11 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

We seem to have switched to buy high and sell for whatever we can get , Perez, Vestergaard, Ghezzal , Slimani, Praet  etc.etc. Even Youri is probably going for less than we paid.

• Like 1

I thought there were some suggestions Wilf may be looking for a new challenge? Last contract extension was in 2018, and after this summer will only have 2 seasons left. 

Therefore, could see this being a good proactive signing if Ndidi was to move on next summer perhaps. 

Also wonder if we may start to integrate Braybrooke into the first team come the end of next season. Has great technical ability but still relatively young and slight, so can see him remaining with the 23’s and training with the firsts next season with a view to start integrating him into the side end of next season? 

8 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

I thought there were some suggestions Wilf may be looking for a new challenge? Last contract extension was in 2018, and after this summer will only have 2 seasons left. 

Therefore, could see this being a good proactive signing if Ndidi was to move on next summer perhaps. 

Also wonder if we may start to integrate Braybrooke into the first team come the end of next season. Has great technical ability but still relatively young and slight, so can see him remaining with the 23’s and training with the firsts next season with a view to start integrating him into the side end of next season? 

Braybrooke is the closest player in type to Tielemans that I've seen in our ranks, there's hopefully a massive future for him here.

On 19/10/2020 at 12:12, Stadt said:

Starting to feel that we can’t play Tielemans without Ndidi, Youri is massively talented but his lack of athleticism leaves us exposed. We lack balance in midfield when everybody’s fit but especially with Wilf out because he’s such an incredible ball winner.

Next summer I’d like us to shift both Choudhury and Mendy to bring one or two more physically and technically capable players. Sangare who went to PSV from Toulouse would have been perfect 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

@Stadt you say Youri does not put in the distance, and that was my thoughts, but....

image.thumb.png.67143acedcab09292dd6282772fe6c7b.png

from The Athletic

Didn't expect that, in his defence the way he moves looks extremely sluggish and likes he's blowing in the 5th minute gives off a certain vibe, some players just operate like that I guess. 

hard to argue with the facts though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

@Stadt you say Youri does not put in the distance, and that was my thoughts, but....

image.thumb.png.67143acedcab09292dd6282772fe6c7b.png

from The Athletic

I never understood the comments about him not covering distance 

he’s got a lack of acceleration from a standing start and that means imo, he will never be world class (cos he isn’t pirlo or modric). 

But he covers the pitch …..

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Braybrooke is the closest player in type to Tielemans that I've seen in our ranks, there's hopefully a massive future for him here.

I think Braybrooke needs fast tracking but Rodgers would never pick a kid like him over a first team squad player because he would be frightened of upsetting somebody. This is almost certainly the reason for KDH's slow promotion.

• Haha 1