Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

4 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Didn't expect that, in his defence the way he moves looks extremely sluggish and likes he's blowing in the 5th minute gives off a certain vibe, some players just operate like that I guess. 

hard to argue with the facts though. 

....if you watch him, he moves to take up positions for a pass, the ball goes elsewhere and he moves again to make himself available!!!

It does not mean he is influencing the game to any great extent, but he will cover distances with his movements. You would be surprised how many steps you take playing snooker, especially if you don't sit for a few hours whilst playing, it is not draining but you still knock up the distances.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I think Braybrooke needs fast tracking but Rodgers would never pick a kid like him over a first team squad player because he would be frightened of upsetting somebody. This is almost certainly the reason for KDH's slow promotion.

braybrooke would get exposed physically in a prem league midfield 

he needs to develop 

wingers and full backs can get away with it more but a PL midfield is a very difficult place to go into at 18 

On 25/04/2022 at 00:40, sacreblueits442 said:

...so long as Wilf is asked to do what Rodgers now ask of him, he will not be up to the task!!!

We have changed how Wilf plays, other teams set traps and Wilf is they key for them to spring it, as his quality on the ball does not allow us to beat the press, unlike other players in the backline.

So long as Wilf is asked to play his usual role, there is not many who can compete with him, but for what Rodgers wants, you can see Rodgers does not endorse him.

Wilf does best what Wilf is best at. Similar can be said with Castagne, Iheanacho, Daka, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Maddison and arguably even Vestergaard! When they are asked by Rodgers to play in a position or in a way that they are not best suited to, don't be surprised if they don't perform to their best. This is now a long standing problem. Not all of these players can be bad or underperforming for no reason. There's a common denominator. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

he needs to develop 

wingers and full backs can get away with it more but a PL midfield is a very difficult place to go into at 18 

Normally I would agree with that but Harvey Elliott can easily hold his own and he is small. The best example is Luka Modric who , inspite of his size, has become one of the very best. Braybrooke will never be a big guy but his brain and skill should  definitely be encouraged.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you watch him, he moves to take up positions for a pass, the ball goes elsewhere and he moves again to make himself available!!!

It does not mean he is influencing the game to any great extent, but he will cover distances with his movements. You would be surprised how many steps you take playing snooker, especially if you don't sit for a few hours whilst playing, it is not draining but you still knock up the distances.

Yeah completely agree, not an avid snooker player but can see the truth in that. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Normally I would agree with that but Harvey Elliott can easily hold his own and he is small. The best example is Luka Modric who , inspite of his size, has become one of the very best. Braybrooke will never be a big guy but his brain and skill should  definitely be encouraged.

He still needs to develop and being thrown into the middle of midfield in the most physical and fast paced league in the world at 18 ain’t ideal regardless of how talented a player is.

A loan to championship would be the next step of his development.

Edited by les-tah

28 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Harvey Elliott isn’t playing central midfield, dictating the tempo of the game ………he plays wide midfield or even as a winger cutting in. 

modric is way stronger than sammy. Players (and people) develop upper body strength as they mature. Braybrooke would not win an arm wrestle against modric!  I’m not saying that small players aren’t capable of holding their own but I am saying that a small 18 y o ………….

10 minutes ago, les-tah said:

He still needs to develop and being thrown into the middle of midfield in the most physical and fast paced league in the world at 18 ain’t ideal regardless of how talented a player is.

A loan to championship would be the next step of his development.

....yes he does need to develop, he can be easily brushed aside in U23 games and sometimes reluctant to put a foot in at times!!!

The comment about age really does not come into it, there are players his age playing in full professional games in Leagues, Saka and Gilmour for instance. His build and pace is what is holding him back.

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yes he does need to develop, he can be easily brushed aside in U23 games and sometimes reluctant to put a foot in at times!!!

The comment about age really does not come into it, there are players his age playing in full professional games in Leagues, Saka and Gilmour for instance. His build and pace is what is holding him back.

Those with long memories will remember when Bremner first appeared for Leeds and was dwarfed by his teammates. We all know what happened next. Braybrooke , so I am told , has attitude and as with Vardy that can take you a long way.

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Ozil used to cover lots of distance too but it's about the intensity. The role Tielemans plays he's naturally going to run a lot, it's not a lack of trying or a low work rate, he obviously puts the effort in but he's just not very quick or agile, which means he's a bit easy to play against. 

The flip side is if Tielemans was noticeably more athletic, we probably never get him from Monaco.

Think you are right, it is intensity along with acceleration and agility that he lacks, possibly alongside a bit of aggression. I am in no way saying he is a bad player, that’s clearly not true, as his passing and vision makes up for most downsides.

39 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Those with long memories will remember when Bremner first appeared for Leeds and was dwarfed by his teammates. We all know what happened next. Braybrooke , so I am told , has attitude and as with Vardy that can take you a long way.

...the only "attitude" that I have noticed has been when ever he loses the ball, he immediately chases it down to win it back!!!

This can be a good trait or a negative as he loses focus of his work and leaves a space while rectifying the error.

Bremner was short but he was stocky enough not to be pushed around. If there is an additional "edge" to Braybrooke, then I am not aware of it, or its manifestation.

Edited by sacreblueits442

On 26/04/2022 at 15:39, st albans fox said:

he needs to develop 

Kante?

Modric?

Bernado Silva?

David Silva?

Thiago?

Naby Keita?

Xavi/Iniesta had no issues against English sides.

KDH has been our best midfielder this season.

'Physicality' is the Premier League is less about size/height, and far more about mobility and intensity.

Klopp has no problem signing and using small players like Keita/Thiago/Elliott, and Liverpool are considered the most intense and physical side in Europe.

Keane and Vieira are two of the League's greatest, and were of completely different statures. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Kante?

Modric?

Bernado Silva?

David Silva?

Thiago?

Naby Keita?

'Physicality' is the Premier League is less about size/height, and far more about mobility and intensity.

Klopp has no problem signing and using small players like Keita/Thiago/Elliott, and Liverpool are considered the most intense and physical side in Europe.

Keane and Vieira are two of the League's greatest, and were of completely different statures. 

You’re missing the point 

the kid is 18 

the small stature players you’ve referenced did not play in PL central midfield at 18. He should build upper body muscle over the next year or two which will enable him to compete more effectively.  But that’s down to him, both physically and mentally. 

52 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

You’re missing the point 

the kid is 18 

the small stature players you’ve referenced did not play in PL central midfield at 18. He should build upper body muscle over the next year or two which will enable him to compete more effectively.  But that’s down to him, both physically and mentally. 

Fabrigas made his debut at 16, I think....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Kante?

Modric?

Bernado Silva?

David Silva?

Thiago?

Naby Keita?

....I would not have attempted to push either Keane or Viera off the ball in any circumstances, it wouldn't work!!!

As for the Liverpool guys quoted, they would be physically robust to get into a Liverpool team and there would be no weakness there. The problem with Braybrooke is that I have seen him out muscled in the U23s, he struggles for pace and is easily outwitted in tackles.

If we do wish to throw him in, then we need to do so playing with a midfield three, who can carry him in the game, leaving him to play one touch football and use his vision and awareness on the ball. He will develop, it is to what extent that is the worry. If he becomes like Tielemans, lacking pace, easily brushed off the ball and dispossessed, then his career may just point to a slower paced league. So long as he is not on the ball too long and uses it quickly, he can overcome the pace problem, but he will need to change up his game to address this.