Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Ibrahim Sangare

19 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Rumour is that Brendan is sick of him and thinks he’s lazy, bad attitude and doesn’t do what he’s asked in training. 

'Rumours' like this are really going to be helpful for all parties :dry:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Rumour is that Brendan is sick of him and thinks he’s lazy, bad attitude and doesn’t do what he’s asked in training. 

I still don't buy those rumours

"Someone on FT said that he knows someone else who said"

• Like 1

To be fair, earlier in the season I remember commenting on how poor his sense of positioning was, he never seemed to know where he should be. At the time I wasn't sure if it was down to him or Brendan asking him to do something he couldn’t, but now it possibly makes a bit more sense. I thought he was tactically quite poor and maybe Brendan isn't too happy that he's not put in the hard yards to ensure he's in tune with the rest of the team. I'm not trying to stoke the fire or make this a witch-hunt but it wouldn't surprise me if there was at least an element of truth in this.

Edited by Tielemans63

On 30/04/2022 at 20:59, Tielemans63 said:

To be fair, earlier in the season I remember commenting on how poor his sense of positioning was, he never seemed to know where he should be. At the time I wasn't sure if it was down to him or Brendan asking him to do something he couldn’t, but now it possibly makes a bit more sense. I thought he was tactically quite poor and maybe Brendan isn't too happy that he's not put in the hard yards to ensure he's in tune with the rest of the team. I'm not trying to stoke the fire or make this a witch-hunt but it wouldn't surprise me if there was at least an element of truth in this.

Soumare? Tielemans? Sangare?

Edited by Merchant_Banker

• 2 weeks later...

If Rice goes anywhere it'll be Man U. It was so weird last summer during the Euros, either BBC or ITV did a piece with him and Rice was practically flirting with Manchester's red, found it very strange but I suppose all the chat in the England camp(tapping up) meant it was on his mind.

3 hours ago, Jaspa said:

If Rice goes anywhere it'll be Man U. It was so weird last summer during the Euros, either BBC or ITV did a piece with him and Rice was practically flirting with Manchester's red, found it very strange but I suppose all the chat in the England camp(tapping up) meant it was on his mind.

he came through the chelsea academy and is best mates with mount. If he could choose, it would 100% be chelsea 

9 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Chelsea now linked as cheaper option than Rice.  Frustrating if true and we are keen but suggests there's genuine quality there if they are looking also. 

What currency are Chelsea paying in? Magic beans?

• Like 1

Ndidi was only player with Vardy, who i did not want to be sold, but hes days are numbered and wish we could sell him for someone like Sangare. Who is also strong and physical and besides that good on ball with close control and dribbling 

16 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

What currency are Chelsea paying in? Magic beans?

If we really are in a foot race with them then we need to get this done within the next two weeks before Chelsea’s takeover gets the green light - even then, the player would wait for Chelsea to be able to do the deal ….

With that price and how we look like needing to make quite a few deals this summer I unfortunately just can’t see it happening

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-newcastle-concretely-interested-eredivisie-star-club-want/

Newcastle United are ‘concretely interested’ in PSV Eindhoven star Ibrahim Sangaré but face competition from Leicester City for his signature.

That’s according to Eindhovens Dagblad, who say the Dutch side want at least €40m for their midfielder.

Sangaré has established himself as one of the best players in the Eredivisie this season with a series of impressive performances for the Dutch side.

That’s ramped up interest in his services, particularly in the Premier League, with numerous reports about his future since the turn of the year.

Newcastle are known to be among his admirers after making a move for him in the January transfer window, while Leicester are old admirers and have been told €35m would be a bargain.

ED bring both clubs into the picture today, explaining that PSV want the ‘absolute top price’ for Sangaré should he leave this summer.

They want at least €40m to be put on the table by any of his suitors, a fee that would make him the most expensive departure in the club’s history.

At the moment, no clubs have made a move, but according to insiders consulted by the newspaper, Leicester and Newcastle are ‘concretely interested’in his services.

He has a release clause of €40m set in his contract, which doesn’t expire until 2025, so PSV have no need to sell beneath this figure.

Thus they can sit and wait for it to be matched, with his suitors, including the two from the Premier League, made aware of that situation already.

Whether either is willing to pay that remains to be seen, but if they aren’t, it’s stated they won’t be getting Sangaré any time soon.

• Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

With that price and how we look like needing to make quite a few deals this summer I unfortunately just can’t see it happening

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-newcastle-concretely-interested-eredivisie-star-club-want/

Newcastle United are ‘concretely interested’ in PSV Eindhoven star Ibrahim Sangaré but face competition from Leicester City for his signature.

That’s according to Eindhovens Dagblad, who say the Dutch side want at least €40m for their midfielder.

Sangaré has established himself as one of the best players in the Eredivisie this season with a series of impressive performances for the Dutch side.

That’s ramped up interest in his services, particularly in the Premier League, with numerous reports about his future since the turn of the year.

Newcastle are known to be among his admirers after making a move for him in the January transfer window, while Leicester are old admirers and have been told €35m would be a bargain.

ED bring both clubs into the picture today, explaining that PSV want the ‘absolute top price’ for Sangaré should he leave this summer.

They want at least €40m to be put on the table by any of his suitors, a fee that would make him the most expensive departure in the club’s history.

At the moment, no clubs have made a move, but according to insiders consulted by the newspaper, Leicester and Newcastle are ‘concretely interested’in his services.

He has a release clause of €40m set in his contract, which doesn’t expire until 2025, so PSV have no need to sell beneath this figure.

Thus they can sit and wait for it to be matched, with his suitors, including the two from the Premier League, made aware of that situation already.

Whether either is willing to pay that remains to be seen, but if they aren’t, it’s stated they won’t be getting Sangaré any time soon.

Can't see us paying that and we can't now compete with Newcastle for obvious reasons. 

Guess it depends on which 'project' the player would prefer. 

Growing to hate Newcastle more and more. 

He's not coming here to play 2nd fiddle to Ndidi and so you'd only pay that for him if we cashed in on Ndidi which wouldn't be the worst move in the world. Sell Ndidi for £55m and buy Sangare for £35m.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's not coming here to play 2nd fiddle to Ndidi and so you'd only pay that for him if we cashed in on Ndidi which wouldn't be the worst move in the world. Sell Ndidi for £55m and buy Sangare for £35m.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we convert Ndidi to a centre back full time and place him next to Fofana in what would arguably be the most athletic centre back pairing of all time? 

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Can't see us paying that and we can't now compete with Newcastle for obvious reasons. 

Guess it depends on which 'project' the player would prefer. 

Growing to hate Newcastle more and more. 

....I have doubts that there is a 40m Euro clause, and can only think as soon as Newcastle is mentioned clubs put an extra 10m Euros on their fee!!!

If Sangare wishes  to come here and we only offer 25m then he either runs his contract down or they look to take they money while they can. No point going into a contest with Newcastle, they are ripe to be ripped off.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I have doubts that there is a 40m Euro clause, and can only think as soon as Newcastle is mentioned clubs put an extra 10m Euros on their fee!!!

If Sangare wishes  to come here and we only offer 25m then he either runs his contract down or they look to take they money while they can. No point going into a contest with Newcastle, they are ripe to be ripped off.

Yeah that is true! time will tell I guess but I'd certainly have him here. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that we convert Ndidi to a centre back full time and place him next to Fofana in what would arguably be the most athletic centre back pairing of all time? 

It's a possibility, I personally don't think Ndidi is that good at centre half, got caught out positionally a fair bit in the games he played there. There's possibly more likelihood that Sangare can play a more expansive style alongside Ndidi but there's a risk that brings some real attritional football 

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

It's a possibility, I personally don't think Ndidi is that good at centre half, got caught out positionally a fair bit in the games he played there. There's possibly more likelihood that Sangare can play a more expansive style alongside Ndidi but there's a risk that brings some real attritional football 

I think it’s an option - after all, wilf (together with big Dan) is the only CB pairing to shut out liverpool this season ! 

after our experiences with injury, I think the manager would like to lessen the load on the players and play a very high press next season. Capable options to rotate would be handy 

Edited by st albans fox

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I think it’s an option - after all, wilf (together with big Dan) is the only CB pairing to shut out liverpool this season ! 

after our experiences with injury, I think the manager would like to lessen the load on the players and play a very high press next season. Capable options to rotate would be handy 

Capable options I agree but we surely aren't spending nearly our club record for a back up DCM.