Guest worth_the_wait Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 I think it's also important to keep on pointing out to the club - in the comments section - that a "singing section" should just be a temporary first step towards a permanent Safe Standing section, once the relevant legislation has been sorted. Other clubs are already ositioning themselves with rail seating. We mustn't get left behind.
SystonFox Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 Bin clappers get rail standing get jersey bud on week in week out rename the kop the family stand rename the family stand the kop flip the ground 180 problems solved oh and make tickets £14.50 including booking fees and taxes 2 1
Popular Post Ginger_Filbert Posted 9 May 2022 Popular Post Posted 9 May 2022 (edited) Why do people keep comparing our atmosphere to European ones? England has its own terrace identity, why is everyone so keen to copy ultras and let go of our own identity, we should be trying to improve what we are rather than become something we’re not. I’d love a proper Kop end. What I’m not for is everyone wearing black T-shirts singing along to someone dictating to everyone else on a megaphone. It loses all spontaneity (sp?) which is about the only thing that makes English atmospheres any good. I’m all for a singing section and will back it at every opportunity but whether it’ll be my cup of tea remains to be seen. Edited 9 May 2022 by Ginger_Filbert 7
Popular Post Vestan Pance Posted 9 May 2022 Popular Post Posted 9 May 2022 (edited) I had a lot to say in the survey! All positive! I've been pretty scathing on here at times over what comes across as a lack of understanding and dismissal by the club over the way some people want to support the team, but I'm eating humble pie that they've even sent out this survey. I have to say it's brilliant by the LCFC I really hope we can do this and keep everyone happy in the process. Also full respect to those who have pushed this on, to get it this far is brilliant work. Edited 9 May 2022 by Vestan Pance 5
jonthefox Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 Can anyone tell me a notable singing area in this country that is next to the away fans?. I've never really understood the importance of it. 1
Freeman's Wharfer Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 Quite a few missing the point in here that responding to this is not about not suggesting something because the club “will never allow that” or providing responses that align with what you think is possible - they’ve asked for thoughts and people should provide them. I’m also of the opinion that any singing section needs to be by the away fans. This isn’t about the type of chants you want to sing or the people you do/don’t see yourself sitting or standing next to. It’s about getting everyone who wants to make some noise in the same place. The idea that a couple of sections will spread and get the whole ground going is flawed: that’s what we’ve had ever since we moved to the stadium and we’re still discussing how to improve. Unless it’s near the away end then the vocal support will remain split with neither having much impact and the club will use the sanctioning of one area to clamp down on standing in the other. As much as I support everything that UFS does, at times it can feel like some are in pursuit of a UFS section as opposed to a singing section that welcomes anyone who wants to sing at the football, whether that’s in support of the team, against the away end or at the ref/opposition players. The common denominator should be people who want to sing, not people who want to sing a certain type of chant or align with the ethos of a fans’ group. 2
CosbehFox Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 1 hour ago, jonthefox said: Can anyone tell me a notable singing area in this country that is next to the away fans?. I've never really understood the importance of it. Leeds is immediate thought but I generally agree, the majority of stadiums in the PL, it’s the opposite end and it’s normally because it’s been that way for years.
iancognito Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 10 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said: Club won't go for anything next to the away fans and that includes rail seating. Got stung at the Napoli, Warsaw and to a lesser extended PSV games so they'll do everything they can to prevent that happening again. The club won't go for anything that increases tension inside the ground full stop. The whole idea of the away fans being in the opposite corner to the Kop was because of all the coin throwing, fines, warnings and threats of section closure we had in the last couple of years at Filbert Street. They just never banked on so many moving out of the Kop to L block to keep up the banter. It's an old chestnut now but the idea of banter with away fans, rivalry and naughty words being exchanged doesn't register with a club that likes providing tacky bits of slappy cardboard for the bobble-hatted "blue army faithful" who have been enjoying the funfairs & bands outside. 2
RonnieTodger Posted 9 May 2022 Posted 9 May 2022 8 hours ago, AKCJ said: Waste of time having the singing section in SK1. Needs to be in L1 near the away end. Isn’t L1 already supposed to be a “singing section?” Hundreds stood up with the freedom to do and sing what they want. Yet the atmosphere there has been crap this season. The Kop by its very name should be one too. It was great for Rennes/Roma. 1
TrentFox Posted 10 May 2022 Posted 10 May 2022 I’d like there to be more interpretive covers of Celine Dion tracks. 2
Haywood_6 Posted 11 May 2022 Posted 11 May 2022 Just got an invite to attend a meeting about this. Anyone else?
goody2028 Posted 11 May 2022 Posted 11 May 2022 (edited) 12 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said: Just got an invite to attend a meeting about this. Anyone else? Same. Amazed they’re following through on this. Part of me thought they just did the survey to shut some of us up. Edited 11 May 2022 by goody2028 1
lee7 Posted 11 May 2022 Posted 11 May 2022 Hopefully they have randomally selected a few fans who are in full support of the singing section and can hold themselves well in meetings like this and counter any potential negative points that are raised 1
whoareyaaa Posted 11 May 2022 Posted 11 May 2022 (edited) On 09/05/2022 at 22:50, iancognito said: The club won't go for anything that increases tension inside the ground full stop. The whole idea of the away fans being in the opposite corner to the Kop was because of all the coin throwing, fines, warnings and threats of section closure we had in the last couple of years at Filbert Street. They just never banked on so many moving out of the Kop to L block to keep up the banter. It's an old chestnut now but the idea of banter with away fans, rivalry and naughty words being exchanged doesn't register with a club that likes providing tacky bits of slappy cardboard for the bobble-hatted "blue army faithful" who have been enjoying the funfairs & bands outside. L1 has been next to the away fans since day 1 and there isn't much trouble so having the KOP next to them shouldn't really be an issue, if that happened then L1 would move over to KOP and everyones happy Edited 11 May 2022 by whoareyaaa 1
Sol thewall Bamba Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 22 hours ago, Haywood_6 said: Just got an invite to attend a meeting about this. Anyone else? Looking forward to the outcome of this. Annoyed I have a work call at basically the same time slot so I won't be able to see all your lovely faces
Popular Post GlennyFox55 Posted 12 May 2022 Popular Post Posted 12 May 2022 Overheard a fair few discussing this in the stands and concourses and all sounded positive so fingers crossed 🤞 7
SemperEadem Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 21 hours ago, whoareyaaa said: L1 has been next to the away fans since day 1 and there isn't much trouble so having the KOP next to them shouldn't really be an issue, if that happened then L1 would move over to KOP and everyones happy According to Leicester plod on twitter 8 home fans were lobbed out on the segregation last night. Seems very high for a fixture against Norwich. 1
Guest Electric Yetis Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 22 hours ago, Haywood_6 said: Just got an invite to attend a meeting about this. Anyone else? Yep got one too. I can't make it.
Guest Lako42 Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 On 09/05/2022 at 11:19, Tommy G said: I replied negatively and suggested any singing sections needs to be in the block next to the away fans, and I don't really want to have to relocate my season ticket I've had since the KP opened. Thanks for being so open to improving the atmosphere and support of the players Tommy
Tommy G Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 10 minutes ago, Lako42 said: Thanks for being so open to improving the atmosphere and support of the players Tommy I did, by suggesting where I thought the section should be
Guest Lako42 Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 33 minutes ago, Tommy G said: I did, by suggesting where I thought the section should be 33 minutes ago, Tommy G said: I did, by suggesting where I thought the section should be Nimby
DoveValleyFox Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 1 hour ago, SemperEadem said: According to Leicester plod on twitter 8 home fans were lobbed out on the segregation last night. Seems very high for a fixture against Norwich. Did you not see the International news headlines a few years ago how us vs Norwich are high risk fixture? (Just in case, I am referring to them not giving us a full allocation of tickets for the FA Cup match when we were in the Championship) 1
Spudulike Posted 12 May 2022 Posted 12 May 2022 On 09/05/2022 at 11:19, Tommy G said: I replied negatively and suggested any singing sections needs to be in the block next to the away fans, and I don't really want to have to relocate my season ticket I've had since the KP opened. Do you have an emotional attachment to your seat? Why wouldn't you move to an equally good seat if it helps the majority create an atmosphere? My season ticket isn't in SK1 but I'd be more than happy to relocate if it assisted the club and team.
Recommended Posts